Adelaide to Central Australia Camping Adventure, 8 Days
BreakFree Directors Studios
A boutique hotel situated in the heart of Adelaide City, offering comfortable Adelaide accommodation at an affordable price. Located within close proximity to the thriving central business district and major Adelaide city attractions, BreakFree Directors Studios is suited to both business and leisure travellers. Adelaide city's vibrant entertainment and dining precincts are a short stroll away boasting a multicultural choice of quality restaurants, bars and a taste of the famed Adelaide nightlight. For shopping enthusiasts. an array of shopping temptations await including Chinatown, The Central Market and the popular Rundle Mall. For those that wish to immerse in the exquisite collection of cultural experiences available in Adelaide, BreakFree Directors Studio is located close to the Art Gallery of South Australia, The South Australian Museum and State Library. BreakFree Directors Studios offer guests a choice of studio and hotel rooms in 2 separate buildings, comfortably furnished and superior friendly service. Located approximately 10-15 minutes drive from Adelaide airport and close to the local transport.
Rock Patrol Tour
We start our adventure travelling through the vineyards of the Clare Valley wine region, but soon enough were heading into the rugged Outback through the historic town of Melrose, gateway to the Flinders Ranges. We enjoy an easy stroll through the towering red sandstone cliffs in Alligator Gorge, which is sometimes bursting with wild flowers. Well then settle in the heart of the Southern Flinders Ranges for the night.
Along the way to Coober Pedy the Opal Capital of the World you will notice the incredible changing landscapes. Wildlife, such as kangaroos, emus and eagles will scatter as the road trains thunder across a landscape that resembles Mars or the Moon. On a tour of an underground Opal Mine and Museum, you'll learn about the history of Coober Pedy. A highlight for some is visiting Josephine's Kangaroo Orphanage, where you can meet the rescued kangaroos and baby joeys and admire (or buy) Aboriginal art and didgeridoos. Tonight, we sleep like the locals do underground, in bunkhouse accommodation.
It's a big day driving up the Stuart Highway, with several pit stops en-route. Watch the changing landscapes from Mulga woodlands, escarpments and nearby ranges. Our mission today is to reach the majestic Watarrka National Park (Kings Canyon) where we will camp for the night on an authentic station.
We get up early to explore Watarrka (Kings Canyon), where you will need to stop to admire and photograph the massive sandstone walls, vast canyon floor and stunning gorges. On the Canyon Rim Walk (3-4 hours), you'll experience the beautiful Garden of Eden and learn more about the local Aboriginal culture. After lunch, we begin our journey into Uluru (Ayers Rock). Nothing will prepare you for the sight of Uluru. We quickly set up camp before learning about the local Aboriginal History at the Uluru Kata-Tjuta Aboriginal Cultural Centre. Soon after well be experiencing our first awe-inspiring Uluru sunset, taking time to absorb the beauty and majesty of this place.
We start the day at dawn by taking a (4 hour) hike to the majestic Valley of the Winds in Kata Tjuta (The Olgas). Be prepared to be blown away with the size of these ancient rock formations and the extraordinary views. Later, we relax back at our campground for a dip in the pool or join one of our Adrenalin Plus options, such as skydiving over Uluru.
After devouring yet another scrumptious breakfast we will experience another glorious sunrise, we then walk around the base of Uluru. Hiking through the acacia woodlands and grassy clay pans, you'll spot wildlife at waterholes, marvel at Ulurus geological wonders and learn more about Aboriginal interpretations from your Culturally Accredited Groovy Guide. After lunch, well hit the road to Alice Springs, arriving approximately at 6:30pm. You can also be dropped off at Ayers Rock Campground for your flight out of Ayers Rock.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels, Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.