Best of Poland
From 18/09/2021 to 28/09/2021
5 dinners (including Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers are provided on the first and last travel day.
Day 1 - Welcome to Warsaw Connect with Warsaw's steadfast spirit - a city rebuilt from the ashes of World War II. After checking in this afternoon, relax and unwind or take a stroll through the city. This evening meet your fellow travellers and Travel Director at the hotel.
Day 2 - Discover Historic Warsaw This morning, embark on an in-depth guided sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist. See the iconic and unexpected highlights of what has been the capital of Poland since the late 16th century. Gain a deeper understanding of how the city was rebuilt after the devastation of the Second World War. In your free time, you may consider an Optional Experience to Wilan?w Palace.
Day 3 - Onwards to Coastal Gda?sk Journey to Gda?sk, the amber capital of the world and one of the oldest cities in Poland. Enjoy a sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist, exploring the major attractions of this Baltic centre. Then, Dive Into Culture during a visit to the European Solidarity Centre which reveals the history of Solidarity, the Polish trade union and civil resistance movement. Tonight, dinner is served at your hotel.
Day 4 - Gda?sk Your Way Enjoy a full free day to explore Gda?sk on your terms. Admire the architecture in the historic Long Market and wander down Long Lane to Golden Gate, or consider joining an Optional Experience to visit Malbork Castle, founded by the Teutonic Order of Knights in 1274.
Day 5 - Journey to Toru? and Cultural Wroc?aw Stop in the medieval town of Toru? this morning, a UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site. You'll join your Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour that will reveal the city's Leaning Tower, the house of famed astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus and Toru? Castle, among other key attractions. Continue to Wroc?aw, a former European 'Capital of Culture'. Tonight, enjoy dinner at your hotel.
Day 6 - Explore Wroc?aw This morning, join your Local Specialist on a guided tour of the city. Discover its complex history and see some of its most important sites, including Wroc?aw Cathedral, the Main Market Square, Old Town Hall and Salt Square, a former medieval marketplace and today, a flower market. Dive Into Culture and visit the Baroque ceremonial hall of Aula Leopoldina at Wroc?aw University. This afternoon, consider joining an Optional Experience to Ksi?? Castle and UNESCO-listed ?widnica Church of Peace.
Day 7 - Off to the Tatra Mountains and Zakopane Your journey today takes you towards the foot of the Tatra Mountains, the highest mountain range of the Carpathians, which stretch across Central Europe. Spend some free time enjoying the town or consider taking an Optional Experience through lush countryside to explore the mountains and valleys for which this region is so famous. Break bread with a local Polish family at the foothills of the Tatra Mountains in Zakopane. You'll Connect With Locals and gain insights into their way of life in the Polish Highlands, while enjoying a home-cooked dinner featuring local specialities at this memorable Be My Guest experience. Warm up at your Stays With Stories accommodation, the Mercure Hotel Zakopane, nestled right next to the ski slope and bubbling geothermal pools. Enjoy a soak in the outdoor pool, heated by geothermal energy as is the entire hotel, while admiring the breath-taking mountain views.
Day 8 - Continue to Krak?w Travel to Krak?w where you will enjoy views of the Royal Castle and Cathedral on Wawel Hill during your tour with a Local Specialist. Your walking tour through the Old Town includes a visit to the Cloth Hall and St. Mary's Church. This evening, perhaps sample some lively Polish entertainment with dinner.
Day 9 - Krak?w Your Way Consider joining an Optional Experience to the Wieliczka Salt Mine, renowned as the Underground Salt Cathedral of Poland and home to an entire chapel carved from rock salt, as well as dozens of sculptures. The rest of the day is yours to explore the sights on your own. Enjoy a slice of Polish Sernik Babci on the Old Town Square, visit a traditional milk bar or enjoy an evening of Polish folklore.
Day 10 - Venture to Auschwitz and Return to Warsaw Our journey this morning takes us to the former concentration camp at Auschwitz, a poignant reminder of the horrors perpetrated during the Holocaust. Travelling to Jasna G?ra Monastery, we rub shoulders with Catholic pilgrims, who have journeyed to the famous shrine for centuries. We'll Dive Into Culture and see the iconic Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa. This evening, we arrive in Warsaw, where we enjoy a Farewell Dinner with newfound friends.
Day 11 - Farewell Warsaw Say farewell to your travel companions and Travel Director at the end of a wonderful holiday. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Warsaw, Gda?sk, Toru?, Wroc?aw and Krak?w with a Local Specialist Discover Zakopane Visit the Old Town in Warsaw, the European Solidarity Centre, the UNESCO World Heritage town of Toru?, Aula Leopoldina in Wroc?aw, the Cloth Hall and St. Mary's Church in Krak?w, the former concentration camp of Auschwitz and Jasna G?ra Monastery in Cz?stochowa View the Cathedral, Salt Square and the Old Town Hall in Wroc?aw, Wawel Royal Castle and the Cathedral in Krak?w Connect with Locals In the Polish Highlands, join a local family of forest rangers for a Be My Guest dinner featuring local gastronomic delights. (Day 7) Dive into Culture Gain incredible insights into a turbulent time in Poland's history and the importance of freedom, citizenship, democracy and solidarity at the state-of-the-art European Solidarity Centre in Gda?sk. (Day 3) Visit the Aula Leopoldina at Wroc?aw University, the beautiful Baroque ceremonial hall of this ancient place of learning. (Day 6) Visit the Jasna G?ra Monastery in Cz?stochowa and see the revered Black Madonna, a venerated icon recognised by several Pontiffs. (Day 10) Stays with Stories Soak up the splendour of the Mercure Hotel Zakopane, located right next to the ski slope and bubbling geothermal pools, or take a dip in the hotel's geothermal heated outdoor pool. (Day 7)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans