New York Explorer
From 09/09/2021 to 01/11/2021
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Arrive New York City (4 Nights) Guests will have a New York frame of mind as they explore the city as the locals do. Look up and see the impressive skyline which will be your companion throughout this in-depth exploration of New York City, the city that never sleeps. Whether you walk, take the subway, hail a cab or grab a ride share, you'll want to jump in immediately upon arrival. The first day is yours to explore to your heart's content before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a rooftop Welcome Reception at your centrally located Midtown Manhattan hotel.
Day 2 - New York City Guided Sightseeing Start your day off with a sightseeing journey through the city. From the glamorous penthouses uptown, to the bright lights of Broadway, to the charming cafes downtown you'll have front row seats as you begin to understand what makes this vibrant city tick. Continue to adventure through The Big Apple's iconic sights before heading to Rockefeller Center, where you'll ascend to the Top of The Rock for dramatic views of the Manhattan skyline. After some time for lunch, venture over to the Upper East Side where you'll visit the iconic Metropolitan Museum of Art. The renowned museum is globally respected for its incredible curated collection of art and artifacts that span a 5,000 year history. You'll have the opportunity to go on a tour led by a Local Specialist to get to know the secrets of the museum's paintings, sculptures, architecture, and more. Just outside of the walls of The Met lies Central Park. Here you will enjoy a guided tour of New York's favorite playground. Designed by famous landscape architect Frederick Olmsted, this beautiful spot for urban respite is often considered his greatest masterpiece - highlights include Tavern on the Green and the John Lennon Memorial at Strawberry Fields. This evening make sure to ask your Travel Director for recommendations on the city's best eats.
Day 3 - New York City Sightseeing and Free Time We'll make sure you start your day off as the locals do with breakfast at a NYC diner. Enjoy a short stack of pancakes or perhaps a local favorite - a bagel with lox, before embarking on a behind-the-scenes walking tour of Broadway. You will learn how a show is created from the first rehearsal to when the curtain rises and all the craziness in between. You'll also have the chance to get up close and personal with a performer from a Broadway show. This afternoon you are free to experience the city on your own terms. You can also join in on an Optional activity to dive deeper into the life of a New Yorker: For example, you can take an in depth guided tour of Manhattan's west side, from the historic Meatpacking District up to the growing Hudson Yards neighborhood via The High Line, an incredible park built on a historic freight rail line elevated above the streets of the city. Enjoy your choice of dinner this evening, NYC has a vibrant restaurant scene that is second to none. Pick one of two spots that are local favorites.
Day 4 - New York City Sightseeing and Free Time Today you'll be able to discover what makes each pocket of this city unique. This morning you'll have the opportunity to learn the poignant history of the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. After learning how resilient and strong the city of New York truly is, you'll have the afternoon to see the city in your own way or join in on one of Optionals curated by city experts. Opt for a view of the Statue of Liberty or a trip through the Lower East Side. One great option is a walking tour across the iconic Brooklyn Bridge. Once across you'll arrive in the neighborhood of DUMBO where you can take in views of Manhattan from Brooklyn Bridge Park before getting to know the charming cobblestone streets. Say farewell to your fellow New York Explorers over dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 5 - Depart New York City Say goodbye to energetic New York and your newfound friends, then take a transfer to the airport or extend your stay. Sightseeing Highlights CITY TOUR of The Big Apple SEE South Street Seaport, Chinatown, Times Square, United Nations Building, The Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty VISIT Battery Park, Rockefeller Center, September 11 Memorial and Museum, Chelsea Market, The High Line, Top of the Rock, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Central Park, Broadway, Lower East Side, Brooklyn LOCAL SPECIALIST At the Met Museum (Day 2), Central Park (Day 2) and Broadway Experience (Day 3)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 June 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans