Highlights of Israel - 8 Days
From 2021-11-07 to 2022-02-27
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Nov Sun 07 2021 to Nov Sun 14 2021AvailableFrom$2,865*
Nov Sun 14 2021 to Nov Sun 21 2021AvailableFrom$2,865*
Nov Sun 21 2021 to Nov Sun 28 2021AvailableFrom$2,865*
Nov Sun 28 2021 to Dec Sun 05 2021AvailableFrom$2,865*
Dec Sun 05 2021 to Dec Sun 12 2021AvailableFrom$2,865*
Dec Sun 12 2021 to Dec Sun 19 2021AvailableFrom$2,865*
Dec Sun 26 2021 to Jan Sun 02 2022AvailableFrom$3,055*
Jan Sun 02 2022 to Jan Sun 09 2022AvailableFrom$2,865*
Jan Sun 09 2022 to Jan Sun 16 2022AvailableFrom$2,865*
Jan Sun 16 2022 to Jan Sun 23 2022AvailableFrom$2,865*
Jan Sun 23 2022 to Jan Sun 30 2022AvailableFrom$2,865*
Jan Sun 30 2022 to Feb Sun 06 2022AvailableFrom$2,865*
Feb Sun 06 2022 to Feb Sun 13 2022AvailableFrom$2,865*
Feb Sun 13 2022 to Feb Sun 20 2022AvailableFrom$2,865*
Feb Sun 20 2022 to Feb Sun 27 2022AvailableFrom$2,865*
Feb Sun 27 2022 to Mar Sun 06 2022AvailableFrom$2,865*
Breakfast daily and 6 dinners.
7 nights 4 star hotels.
Entrance fees for all included sightseeing.
Touring - Masada, Dead Sea, Jerusalem, Ein Karem, Beit Shean, Bethlehem, Nazareth, Sea of Galilee, Acre, Haifa, Caesarea, Jaffa and Tel Aviv.
Vineyard tour and wine tasting in Israel's wine region.
Escorted by an English speaking driver guide.
All transfers and transportation in modern air-conditioned vehicles.
Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 8.
This coach tour is operated in conjunction with other tourist groups, not solely On The Go.
You will join travellers from a number of different operators, some staying in different hotels for sightseeing each day.
Day 1 - Tel Aviv Sunday. Upon arrival at the Ben Gurion Airport, you will be met and transferred to your hotel in Tel Aviv. The rest of the evening is at your leisure.
Renowned for its hedonistic nightlife, this dynamic city also offers beautiful beaches, art galleries and markets. And with a variety of trendy bistros, high-end restaurants and delicious street food stalls, there's plenty to choose from, for dinner.
Day 2 - Dead Sea Tel Aviv - Beer Sheba - Masada - Dead Sea - Jerusalem (West Bank). Set off from Tel Aviv, and drive south past the cities of Ashdod and Ashkelon to the Negev capital of Beer Sheba. After a short visit, we continue via Arad to the Masada Fortress which sits atop an isolated rock cliff and was the last stronghold of the Jewish Zealots in their war against the Romans. Ascending by cable car to the fortress offers incredible views of the Dead Sea and at the top explore the excavations of Herod’s Palaces, the synagogue and the bathhouse. Later, we descend to the lowest place on Earth to float in the famously buoyant, salt-laden water of the Dead Sea. From the Dead Sea we journey to Jerusalem, passing by the oasis of Ein Gedi and the Judean Desert enroute. Spend the evening at leisure.
Day 3 - Jerusalem Today's sightseeing tour of Jerusalem New City starts at the Israel Museum which houses The Dead Sea Scrolls in the Shrine of the Book. Continue to visit the beautifully renovated Model of the Herodian city of Jerusalem, which dates back to the time of the Second Temple. The next stop on our tour of the New City is Yad Vashem, The World Holocaust Remembrance Centre. Founded in 1953, Yad Vashem started as an organisation committed to documenting the memory of Holocaust victims. The new museum was opened in 2005 and has 9 galleries of interactive historical displays, all of which are informative, moving and vital to a continued commemoration of those that lost their lives during one of history's darkest periods.
This afternoon we visit the picturesque village of Ein Karem, which is the birth place of John the Baptist. Next, we drive to Bethlehem to visit the birthplace of Jesus at the Church of the Nativity before returning to Jerusalem for the night.
Day 4 - Bethlehem Step back in time on a tour of Jerusalem's revered Old City today. Enter through one of the Gates to the walled Old City, to visit the renewed Jewish Quarter, the Western Wall (Wailing Wall), the Temple Mount and the colourful souk. Then, we walk along the Via Dolorosa, stopping at the Stations of the Cross enroute to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre is one of the world's holiest Christian shrines and the site of Jesus' crucifixion and burial. Continuing your tour, we visit Mt Zion and the tomb of King David, the Room of the Last Supper and Dormition Abbey. Continuing to the Mount of Olives you'll have a spectacular view of this holiest of cities, a place where the three religions of Islam, Judaism and Christianity have tussled for power of the city for centuries.
Next, we visit the Garden of Gethsemane, where Judas betrayed Jesus, before travelling to Downtown Jerusalem to explore bustling Mahane Yehuda, which is Israel's largest open market.
Day 5 - Nazareth Beit Shean - Nazareth - Safed - Galilee. Bid farewell to Jerusalem and drive north past Jericho, which is considered to be the world's oldest city. Travelling through the Jordan Valley and the new settlements to Beit Shean, see the excavations of this beautiful preserved Roman city before continuing to Nazareth to visit the Church of Annunciation and other Christian holy sites. Our final stop of the day is Safed, city of the Kabbalah and Centre of Jewish Mysticism, where you'll visit a synagogue and explore the beautiful streets of the artists’ colony. Your home for the next two nights is a Kibbutz Hotel in Galilee.
Day 6 - Galilee Driving to the Golan Heights, we explore the former Syrian fortifications and the Druze villages, passing Banias, the source of the Jordan River. The Golan Heights is a disputed territory, and our guides will be politically neutral for the duration of our touring in this part of Israel. Then, we enjoy a tour of the Israeli wine country, visiting picturesque vineyards where you can take in the wonderful views, learn about wine production and sample fine wines.
Descending to the shore of the Sea of Galilee we take a tour of the Miracle Sites. In Capernaum, we visit the ruins of the ancient synagogue, the Mount of Beatitudes - site of the ‘Sermon on the Mount’ and Tabgha - site of the miracle of the loaves and the fish. Then travel to Tiberias, the old centre of Jewish learning. This afternoon there is also an optional sailing trip across the Sea of Galilee to experience the tranquillity and beautiful scenery which has hardly changed in the past 2000 years (book and pay locally). Then. we return to your Kibbutz Hotel for the night.
Day 7 - Haifa Galilee - Acre - Haifa - Caesarea - Tel Aviv. After breakfast, we drive through the hills of the Galilee, westwards to Acre where you'll explore this old Crusader stronghold and its medieval fortifications. Continue to Haifa, the largest city in northern Israel which dates back over 3000 years. Sightseeing here includes the UNESCO World Heritage Listed Bahai Shrine and the magnificent gardens on the slopes of Mount Carmel which are spread over 19 terraces, the highest of which is the Persian Gardens where you can enjoy the wonderful panoramic view of the city and Haifa Bay.
Travelling down the coast to reach Caesarea, we’ll see the Roman Theatre and Crusader Fortress at what is known as the “masterpiece of Herod the Great”. Then, continue our journey to Tel Aviv and end the day with a short city tour of Tel Aviv and the ancient port of Jaffa.
Day 8 - Tel Aviv Sunday. Arrangements come to an end after breakfast and onward transfer to the Ben Gurion Airport. Alternatively extend your stay to enjoy more time in cosmopolitan Tel Aviv, please enquire.
For information about visas, top travel tips and much more, take a look through our travel guide.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans