Iconic North, 7 Days
Valid for select departures 1 May 2021 - 30 November 2022
7 day tour departing Auckland.
6 nights accommodation in a Hotel.
6 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch (Connect with Locals) and 3 Dinners.
All transport shown.
The Trafalgar difference.
CONNECT WITH LOCALS.
Retired champion jockey Lance O'Sullivan and his wife Bridgette are your hosts for a 'Be My Guest' lunch on their dairy farm in the North Island (Day 3).
DIVE INTO CULTURE.
Immerse yourself in Maori culture and enjoy a traditional Maori feast at Tamaki Maori Village (Day 4) Visit Te Papa Museum of New Zealand and gain a deeper understanding of the traditions of the Maori (Day 7).
CITY TOUR in Auckland and Wellington.
ORIENTATION of Rotorua.
VIEW Huka Falls, Mt Ruapehu, farming lands and spectacular coastal scenery along the Kapiti Coast.
VISIT a kiwifruit orchard in Te Puke, a geothermal valley in Rotorua and Te Papa Museum of New Zealand.
Specific transfer information can be found here: AIRPORT TRANSFERS.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and Free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-Stays.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
WAS $3360*, NOW $2988*, SAVE $372*.
Day 1 Arrive Auckland. Auckland is your gateway to New Zealand's north. On arrival, transfer to your hotel by private car (flights to arrive prior to 4pm) and spend the rest of the day recovering or exploring the City of Sails on your own. Tonight, enjoy a Welcome Reception and dinner at your hotel.
Day 2 Auckland Sightseeing. Enjoy a relaxed start to the day before heading to the New Zealand Maritime Museum for an exclusive America's Cup tour. Afterwards, enjoy an extended city sights tour from its heart, Auckland Waterfront to Mission Bay. Keep your camera at the ready to capture spectacular panoramic views of the skyline, sprawling North Shore and Waitemata Harbour from Bastion Point and Michael Joseph Savage Memorial. Your free afternoon could see you head down Queen Street to Viaduct Harbour for a tasty meal in the sunshine paired with a glass of New Zealand's crisp Sauvignon Blanc as you overlook the busy waterways of Waitemata Harbour.
Day 3 Auckland to Tauranga. Your Trafalgar Highlight today is a visit to Lance and Bridgette O'Sullivan's dairy farm, where you'll 'Connect with Locals' and discover New Zealand's horse racing traditions over a country-style 'Be My Guest' lunch at the Red Barn on their Waikato farm. Continue to the harbourside city of Tauranga, located in the Bay of Plenty region. A bridge over the harbour connects Tauranga to Mount Maunganui, where you'll have an afternoon at leisure. Why not walk up the extinct namesake volcano via the winding paths or relax on the main beach, whose glorious stretch of golden sand has been voted the best in the country.
Day 4 Tauranga to Rotorua. Travel to Te Puke, the kiwifruit capital of New Zealand. Here you'll visit Kiwifruit Country, a family-owned business set within a 60-hectare working kiwifruit orchard. Continue to Rotorua for an orientation tour with views of Lake Rotorua, then visit Te Puia and see the steaming hot springs and geysers of Whakawerawera Thermal Reserve. Tonight, an evening of culture, history and a traditional Maori meal awaits you at the Tamaki Maori Village. 'Dive Into Culture' as you stroll through the ancient forest village and learn about Maori art forms and traditions. Watch a cultural performance and experience an authentic Maori Hangi Regional Dinner, steamed underground in the traditional way.
Day 5 Rotorua Free Time. Enjoy a day at leisure. An Optional Experience could see you visit the Polynesian Spa, take an ancient zipline adventure with Canopy Tours or enjoy a guided tour through the long galleries and lofty chambers of the world-famous Waitomo Glowworm Grotto. There's also the option to explore Rotorua and its lakes in an amphibious WWII-era Duck. It's a day of legends, lakes and mythical creatures for you to discover on your terms.
Day 6 Rotorua to Wellington. Say Haere Ra (goodbye) to Rotorua this morning and journey out through pine forests and farmland to a little hidden spot, the turquoise torrent of rapids known as Huka Falls. The road ahead unfolds in a broad panorama of Lake Taupo, New Zealand's largest lake. The stunningly blue fresh water of the lake is home to some of the best trout fishing in the world. You will then journey south over the Central Plateau, New Zealand's main volcanic area, and along the Kapiti Coast to New Zealand's capital city, Wellington. Tonight, you are free to dine as you wish.
Day 7 Depart Wellington. Discover the treasures of New Zealand's capital city this morning. Then 'Dive Into Culture' as you gain insights into the country's heritage and culture at Te Papa Museum of New Zealand. Your exploration of the iconic north at its end, say a fond farewell to your fellow travellers and transfer to Wellington Airport for your onward flight (flights to depart after 2pm).
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans