Best of Scotland
From 18/08/2022 to 05/11/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Aug Thu 18 2022 to Aug Wed 24 2022Sold OutFrom$3,550*
Aug Sun 21 2022 to Aug Sat 27 2022On RequestFrom$3,550*
Aug Thu 25 2022 to Aug Wed 31 2022On RequestFrom$3,550*
Aug Sun 28 2022 to Sep Sat 03 2022AvailableFrom$3,395*
Sep Thu 01 2022 to Sep Wed 07 2022AvailableFrom$3,150*
Sep Sun 04 2022 to Sep Sat 10 2022Sold OutFrom$3,150*
Sep Sun 11 2022 to Sep Sat 17 2022Sold OutFrom$3,150*
Sep Sun 18 2022 to Sep Sat 24 2022Sold OutFrom$3,150*
Sep Sun 25 2022 to Oct Sat 01 2022Sold OutFrom$3,150*
Oct Sun 02 2022 to Oct Sat 08 2022AvailableFrom$3,150*
Oct Sun 30 2022 to Nov Sat 05 2022AvailableFrom$2,750*
1 Be My Guest.
1 Welcome Reception.
First class travel Highlights.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Ferry from the Isle of Skye to Mallaig.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Optional Experiences and free time.
Day 1 - Welcome to Edinburgh Get lost in the narrow lanes of Edinburgh - the Scottish capital with a mystical air that combines ancient heritage with the verve of a modern city. Spend your day at leisure delving into its rich history and embracing the warm culture of the Scots, before joining your travel companions and Travel Director for a Welcome Reception with a light meal and drinks.
Day 2 - Discover Enchanting Edinburgh Join your Local Specialist this morning for an intriguing sightseeing tour of the city. Ascend Castle Rock and visit Edinburgh Castle, which watches over the surrounding city from its elevated vantage point. Stroll through the Old Town along the Royal Mile and see the stunning Palace of Holyroodhouse before enjoying time at leisure to soak up the city's festive atmosphere. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
Day 3 - Venture into the Scottish Highlands Tread in the footsteps of the world's golfing greats and head to St. Andrews en route to the glorious Scottish Highlands. A scenic drive takes us north and across the Firth of Tay, past the city of Dundee to Pitlochry. After lunch, enjoy some free time to explore its river-side setting or join an Optional Experience to Blair Castle, the ancestral home of the Clan Murray. Our day in beautiful surrounds comes to an end with a cosy dinner at our hotel located within the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands.
Day 4 - Explore Culloden, Loch Ness and the Isle of Skye Continue your journey to the tragic battlefield of Culloden. Pay tribute to the brave men who lost their lives in the Jacobite Uprising, then travel past Scotland's infamous Loch Ness. The solitary beauty of Eilean Donan Castle will leave you speechless before you continue to the coast and cross to the Isle of Skye. Heather-clad peaks provide a stunning backdrop for our scenic drive across the Sleat Peninsula. Indulge in some free time for lunch before boarding your ferry in Armadale and crossing to Mallaig, back on the mainland.
Day 5 - Journey to Thriving Glasgow Our first stop today sees us commemorate World War II history at the Commando Memorial near Fort William, from which we admire spectacular views of Britain's highest peak - Ben Nevis. We journey through the volcanic ruins and precipitous mountains that lie just beyond Glencoe to see the 'Glen of Weeping'. Here we remember the MacDonald clansmen who were massacred in 1692. Continuing towards the River Clyde, we arrive at our final stop for the day - Glasgow.
Day 6 - Walk the Walls of Stirling Castle Madainn mhath! While your Gaelic may be a little rusty, your orientation tour around this edgy city will be anything but. Begin your day seeing Glasgow's iconic sights. Enjoy views of the Necropolis, the regal George Square and River Clyde, for over 200 years the centre of shipbuilding. Continue to Stirling, to see its hilltop fortress, which stands as a symbol of national pride. Stirling Castle was once the seat of Scottish kings and queens, including Mary, Queen of Scots. View the Wallace Monument from the castle walls, paying tribute to the Scottish hero who fought for Scotland's independence. Later, Dive Into Culture at Stirling Distillery and enjoy a wee dram of whisky before joining the Wood family at their 15th-century farm on the shores of Loch Ard to Connect With Locals over a home-cooked Be My Guest Farewell Dinner, amidst tales of Rob Roy and a few foot-tapping ceilidh tunes.
Day 7 - Farewell Glasgow The rugged beauty and warmth of Scotland's people forever in your memory, we enjoy one last hearty breakfast with our travel companions before wishing them and your Travel Director a fond farewell. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Edinburgh with a Local Specialist Discover Glasgow and Stirling Visit Edinburgh Castle, Pitlochry, the Isle of Skye, Glasgow Cathedral, Culloden Battlefield, Stirling Castle and Stirling Distillery View the 18th green at St. Andrews, the Glenfinnan Monument, Eilean Donan Castle, Loch Ness, Glencoe, Necropolis and George Square in Glasgow Tickets for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates Connect With Locals Join the Wood family at their 15th-century farm on the shores of Loch Ard for a home-cooked Scottish Be My Guest dinner, tales of Rob Roy and a few foot-tapping ceilidh tunes. Dive Into Culture Visit Stirling Distillery for a tour and tasting of their single malt whisky.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans