Delve Deep: South Africa & Zimbabwe (Safari)
Day 1 - Johannesburg, South Africa
Yep. You’ve just landed in Africa. Welkom to Johannesburg! Say ‘howzit?’ to your fellow explorers. Then: we’ll kick things off with our first group dinner. Ready for the best damn week of your life? Let’s DO this.
Day 2 - Johannesburg to Kruger National Park
Start practising your Hakuna Matata – we’re up bright and early this morning to make our way to the world-famous Kruger National Park. Once we’ve hopped off the truck, there’s a DElish lunch waiting for us amid the plains of the African bush. Then, it's ACTUALLY happening: our first taste of safari awaits on an included 4x4 game drive. Oh hey, Simba! Tonight, toast to a spine-tingling sunset and soak up all those nature vibes. You know those ‘pinch yourself’ moments people talk about? This is one of them.
Day 3 - Kruger National Park
Rise and shine, adventurers! Dig into breakfast and make sure your camera's charged – we’ve got a full day of 4X4 driving to get on board with. Comin’ atcha with the stats: this place is home to 500 species of birds, 148 mammals and a sh*t-ton of reptiles. Excitement levels: 11/10. Keep your eyes peeled as our eagle-eyed guide helps us spot the legendary Big Five. We’re talking buffalo grazing on savannahs, rhinos frolicking in the mud, lions on their afternoon hunt and elephants getting their bubble bath on. Tonight, we’ll tuck into a group din back at the camp. Convo starter: which Big Five animal would you wanna be, and why? No judgement here...
Day 4 - Kruger National Park to Tshipise
You wanted to delve deeper, right? That’s why we’ve sorted a morning bush walk through Kruger with a fundi – aka a wilderness expert. Get ready to admire Mother Nature’s mad skills. And then? Next stop: Tshipise. Think giant baobab trees and rustic vibes galore. Here the afternoon’s yours to chill at the accom or quiz your Trip Leader on alllll the weird nature facts. Tonight = more snacking, stargazing and sweet AF moments. Lekker.
Day 5 - Tshipise to Matobo National Park, Zimbabwe
Tums full after another group brekkie, this morning we’re heading for Zimbabwe! Once known for its political violence and economic instability, this nation has rebuilt itself into a buzzing tourist destination filled with natural wonders and out-of-this-world landscapes. When we’ve got all the formalities over with at the border post, we’ll make a beeline for Matobo National Park – where super-dramatic rock formations and even MORE incredible creatures await. Tonight, we’ll crack open a cold one as the sun sets over the rolling savannahs. This is livin’.
Day 6 - Matobo National Park
Slurp up your coffee and get ready for another epic game drive through Matobo National Park. It's time for the best game of ‘I spy’ you’ve ever had spotting black and white rhinos, zebras, wildebeest and giraffe. Then: check out the massive rock formations of the Matobo Hills. Seriously – it looks like a giant’s been playing Jenga up here. And FYI, humans have been drawing graffiti on these rocks way before Banksy made it cool (since the Stone Age, in fact). This afternoon we’ll delve deeper into the park with a guided trail walk, before swapping stories around the campfire. Hear that? It’s the sound of the wild lulling you to sleep tonight. This is as authentic as it gets.
Day 7 - Matobo National Park to Victoria Falls
Play it cool: today we’re ticking off one of the Seven Wonders of the World. That’s right folks, we’re headed to the magnificent Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park – aka home of Victoria Falls. A place where wilderness, adventure and culture are all tied up in one gobsmacking, crazy-beautiful parcel. After we make camp, we’ll head out on an included tour of the park to see why the falls are called ‘the smoke that thunders’. Later, opt for a cruise of the Zambezi River for all the sunset views, or dance to the beat of your own drum at a traditional Boma drumming show. And tonight? Gather round for one final group dinner. WHAT a trip it’s been.
Day 8 - Victoria Falls
So... that happened. A week’s worth of UNbelievable African adventures = completed. It may be our last day but there’s still time to get your adrenaline pumping with some epic optionals. We’re talking whitewater rafting, gorge swimming, canoeing and zip-lining. Or go all out with a helicopter flight over the falls. Why the hell not?
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.