Taj Traveller - 8 Days
From 2021-11-02 to 2022-12-24
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Nov Tue 02 2021 to Nov Tue 09 2021AvailableFrom$1,965*
Feb Sat 26 2022 to Mar Sat 05 2022AvailableFrom$1,965*
Mar Mon 14 2022 to Mar Mon 21 2022AvailableFrom$1,965*
Apr Sat 09 2022 to Apr Sat 16 2022AvailableFrom$1,965*
Sep Sat 03 2022 to Sep Sat 10 2022AvailableFrom$1,715*
Sep Sat 17 2022 to Sep Sat 24 2022AvailableFrom$1,965*
Breakfast daily and 2 dinners.
7 nights 3-4 star and heritage hotels.
Guided sightseeing - Delhi, Jaipur, Bharatpur and Agra.
Travel by jeep to beautiful Amber Fort in Jaipur.
Escorted by an English-speaking Indian tour guide (for groups of 6 or more) .
Services of English-speaking Indian specialist guides at some sites .
Airport arrival and departure transfer on days 1 and 8.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles .
Day 1 - Delhi Saturday. Welcome to India! On arrival in Delhi you are transferred from the airport to our hotel. Enjoy the rest of your first day exploring independently in the city. Perhaps visit Akshardham - the world’s largest Hindu temple. This evening we have a welcome meeting at 18:00 at the hotel to meet our guide the rest of the group.
Day 2 - Old Delhi This morning, we enjoy a full day of sightseeing in India’s capital. In Old Delhi we see the UNESCO-listed Humayun’s Tomb and visit Jama Masjid - the oldest and largest mosque in the whole of India. We also visit Raj Ghat, the site of Gandhi’s cremation. An eternal flame now burns here in his honour. Continue to the bustling Chandni Chowk bazaar for an exhilarating rickshaw ride. Later explore New Delhi, including the Rajpath and the impressive India Gate monument. This evening we enjoy a group Namaste dinner.
Day 3 - Jaipur Delhi - Jaipur. We leave Delhi and travel to UNESCO-listed Jaipur today. In 1876 the Maharaja had the Old City painted pink to herald a visit by the Prince of Wales (soon to be King Edward VII), giving Jaipur its famous nickname. This afternoon we tour the City Palace in the centre of the Old City and the UNESCO-listed Jantar Mantar space observatory.
Day 4 - Jaipur Enjoy an optional hot air balloon ride over Jaipur this morning, an unforgettable experience. Sail over the beautiful region with the Pink City below you and pass over palaces, villages and temples. We then take a jeep ride to visit the famous lakeside palace of Amber Fort. Walk down cobbled streets and explore courtyards laid out over four levels. We continue to a local cotton weaving house on our way back to Jaipur.
Day 5 - Abhaneri Jaipur - Abhaneri - Bharatpur. Say goodbye to Jaipur today as we travel to the village of Abhaneri to see the beautiful Chand Baori step well, where 3,500 steps climb down to the water’s edge. The well famously featured in the blockbuster movie ‘Batman: The Dark Knight Rises’.
We continue to a local school (if open), where we operate our Change for Children programme. Any donations we can give here will make a real difference to the lives of underprivileged children. You may also wish to bring some educational gifts with you from home to give to the pupils (see trip notes). Finally, we visit the UNESCO-listed Keoladeo Ghana National Park. Enjoy a rickshaw ride around this wetland reserve, home to hundreds of bird species. We are then escorted by a knowledgeable guide who will help us spot and identify these birds.
Day 6 - Agra Bharatpur - Agra. We visit the former Mughal city of Fatehpur Sikri this morning, which has laid abandoned for more than 400 years. Continue to Agra where we see the imposing Agra Fort, before paying a visit to India’s most iconic site - the Taj Mahal. This famous monument was built by Emperor Shah Jahan in the 17th century in memory of his beloved wife who died tragically in childbirth. It remains the most extravagant monument to love ever built and is the enduring symbol of India. Enjoy a tour of this famous site before we continue to our hotel.
Day 7 - Delhi Agra - Delhi. After breakfast we return to Delhi, where the rest of the day is free for you to explore. Perhaps visit the impressive Red Fort and enjoy its Sound and Light Show after dark.
Day 8 - Delhi Saturday. Our tour comes to an end today with an included departure transfer to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans