ANZAC on the Western Front
From 10/05/2024 to 16/10/2024
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Fri 10 2024 to May Wed 15 2024Available
Jun Fri 14 2024 to Jun Wed 19 2024Available
Jul Fri 05 2024 to Jul Wed 10 2024Available
Aug Fri 16 2024 to Aug Wed 21 2024Available
Sep Fri 06 2024 to Sep Wed 11 2024Available
Sep Fri 20 2024 to Sep Wed 25 2024
Oct Fri 11 2024 to Oct Wed 16 2024Available
Have the opportunity to pay your respects at your relatives’ graves.
Delve into the Australian story on the Western Front at the Franco-Australian Museum.
Visit the Wellington Quarries – a network of underground tunnels dug by the New Zealand Tunnelling Company.
DAY 1 - Lille After meeting the group in Lille, we'll kick off our history-laden journey with a delicious welcome dinner. Accommodation: H?tel Couvent des Minimes (or similar)
DAY 2 - Lille - Ypres Today's itinerary will take us from Lille to Ypres via the historic Messines Ridge. Our first stop will be the Passchendaele battlefields - where we'll walk in the footsteps of WWI allied soldiers who fought to break the German line in 1917. Next, we'll pay our respects at Polygon Wood and Tyne Cot Military Cemetery before visiting the shell-scarred Hill 60. This afternoon, there's an opportunity to explore the fascinating Hooge Crater Museum - home to a unique collection of WWI artefacts and reconstructed trenches. We'll enjoy some free time this evening in Ypres - our home for the next two nights. Accommodation: Albion Hotel (or similar)
DAY 3 - Ypres Today, we'll continue to delve into the moving stories of the West Flanders Front, beginning with a visit to the In Flanders Fields Museum - a unique institution that commemorates the four-year trench war and conveys a contemporary message of peace. This afternoon, you'll be free to explore Ypres at your leisure. A medieval town that was completely destroyed during WWI and rebuilt anew, there is plenty of history to uncover here. This evening we'll reconvene to attend the playing of the Last Post at the iconic Menin Gate. Whilst renovation to the Gate is ongoing, we'll still be able to experience the ceremony that has been performed here daily for almost 100 years. Accommodation: Albion Hotel (or similar)
DAY 4 - Ypres - Fromelles and Arras - Amiens Today it's out of Belgium and across the border. Our destination? Fromelles, the site of the disastrous attack of 19 July 1916 - where we'll pay a poignant visit Pheasant Wood Cemetery and the fascinating exhibition nearby. After, we'll move on to the Wellington Quarries: a network of tunnels built by the New Zealand Tunnelling Company as part of the preparations for the Battle of Arras. We'll remember Australia's role in this battle at Bullecourt with a stop at the Digger Memorial later this afternoon. Concluding the day in lovely Amiens, we'll have the evening to spend as we wish. Accommodation: H?tel Le Prieur? (or similar)
DAY 5 - Amiens - Somme - Amiens The Somme still captivates the soul and it's here that the ANZACs first saw major action in 1916. Today we'll visit Pozi?res and Mouquet Farm - significant sites for the Australian soldiers, as well as Longueval and Flers, which were similarly monumental to the Kiwis. Before returning to Amiens, we'll also take some time to remember the colossal loss experienced by Great Britain with a visit to the Thiepval Memorial to the Missing of the Somme. Reconvening this evening, we'll reminisce on our unforgettable tour over a farewell dinner. Accommodation: H?tel Le Prieur? (or similar)
DAY 6 - Amiens - Villers-Bretonneux- Lille As the home of the National War Memorial, Villers-Bretonneux is central to Australian WWI commemoration and memory. Today we'll visit the Franco-Australian Museum, a site paying tribute to the brave Australian soldiers who helped save the town and a monument to international solidarity. We'll make a brief stop at the Sir John Monash Centre before shifting our focus to the last year of the war - with a visit to Le Hamel. Our tour will conclude upon our return to Lille.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 05 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans