Mount Toubkal Trek
From 09/05/2021 to 01/10/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Sun 09 2021 to May Sat 15 2021AvailableFrom$825*
May Sun 23 2021 to May Sat 29 2021AvailableFrom$855*
Jun Sun 06 2021 to Jun Sat 12 2021AvailableFrom$825*
Jun Sun 27 2021 to Jul Sat 03 2021AvailableFrom$825*
Sep Sun 05 2021 to Sep Sat 11 2021AvailableFrom$855*
Sep Sun 12 2021 to Sep Sat 18 2021AvailableFrom$855*
Sep Sun 26 2021 to Oct Sat 02 2021AvailableFrom$865*
Summit the highest peak in North Africa, Mt Toubkal, and enjoy morning views over the Atlas Mountains and rural Morocco.
Hike through the rugged mountains with spectacular scenery at every turn and a trusty pack of mules heading up your crew.
Experience life in an Amazigh (Berber) village during a stay in an Atlas Mountains village, complete with accommodation in a gite.
Embrace the vibrant souqs, sights, sounds and smells of Marrakech on a guided walking tour of the Medina and visit to Bahia Palace.
Plenty of free time and optional extras in Marrakech mean you can explore this vibrant city at your own pace.
Breakfasts Included: 6.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 3.
Hotel (3 nights),Mountain Gite (1 night),Mountain Refuge (2 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Marrakech - Medina walking tour.
Marrakech - Palais Bahia.
Day 1 - Marrakech Salaam Aleikum! Welcome to Morocco. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting today at 6 pm where you'll meet your fellow travellers and group leader. After the meeting you have the option to join your leader on a jaunt to Djemaa el-Fna, the square in the centre of the Medina. Huge crowds converge at night to see singers, drummers, fortune tellers and dancers while snacking on street food.
Day 2 - Aroumd Rise and shine for breakfast and a group meeting at 8 am. Your leader will go through everything you need to know about the trek before you set off into the mountains. Leave Marrakech behind and drive across the plains towards the ancient marketplace of Tahanaoute, with awesome views of valleys and the Atlas Mountains along the way. Arrive at Imlil village, which is 1740 metres above sea level (approximately 1.5 hours). Take a 50-minute hike to your mountain base in the village of Aroumd (2000 metres above sea level). In the afternoon, stretch your legs with a gentle orientation walk around Aroumd. Your accommodation tonight is a gite, a traditional village house with dormitory-style rooms that seep around eight people. Rooms are furnished in traditional Amazigh (Berber) style with low couches (which can be used as beds), tables, carpets and cushions. On warm nights it’s often possible to sleep out on the terrace under the stars.
Day 3 - Neltner Hut/Mt Toubkal Base Camp This morning you begin your ascent of Mt Toubkal, North Africa’s highest peak. From Armoud the trail crosses the floodplain of the Ait Mizane Valley, before climbing steeply in a zigzag up the mountainside. Along the way, pass the pilgrimage site of Sidi Chamarouch, home to the tomb of the local marabout (Muslim holy man). Only Muslims are permitted to cross the bridge and approach the large white stone that serves as a shrine. From here, climb steeply through a series of switchbacks and traverse the flank of the valley above the river. Arrive into Toubkal Base Camp at Neltner (3207 metres above sea level). Enjoy a hearty dinner and make sure you get plenty of sleep before the big ascent day tomorrow.
Day 4 - Neltner Hut/Mt Toubkal Summit Embrace an early start this morning and tackle the rocky terrain that leads to the summit of Mt Toubkal. At 4167 metres above sea level, this is truly the roof of North Africa. Take in the beautiful silence of the morning while you make the final climb, which can involve some scrambling. Your effort is rewarded by superb views from the summit, which on a clear day can include the entire Atlas Mountain range, the Atlantic coast to the west and the Sahara Desert to the east. After a rest at the summit and time spent marvelling at the view, make your way back to Neltner.
Day 5 - Marrakech After breakfast, pack up and head back down to Imlil via Aroumd (approximately 4 hours). From here it's a 1.5-hour drive back back to Marrakech. You'll have free time to explore after checking in to the hotel. Perhaps head to the Photography Museum to see the history of Morocco captured in amazing pictures or grab a bite at one of the many rooftop restaurants surrounding Djemaa el-Fna.
Day 6 - Marrakech After breakfast, embark on a guided walking tour of the Medina, including souqs devoted to a different trades such as pottery, woodwork, carpets or spices. Then, continue to the 19th-century Bahia Palace and spend some time admiring the architecture. The rest of your time in the city is free for you to make your own discoveries. If you're keen to experience a traditional Moroccan bath, your leader can advise you where to find the nearest hammam. If you’ve enjoyed your taste of Moroccan cuisine so far, maybe indulge your inner foodie with a Taste of Marrakesh Urban Adventure tour.
Day 7 - Marrakech Your adventure ends after breakfast this morning. If you wish to spend more time in Marrakech, an Intrepid booking agent be happy to secure additional accommodation for you (subject to availability).
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 08 March 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans