4WD Darwin to Broome Overland
From 18/09/2021 to 27/09/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Experience the beautiful Kimberleys in rugged style with a local guide.
Our passionate leaders love this trip as much as you will.
Enjoy plenty of time to discover the untamed natural beauty of El Questro Station.
Paddle around in waterfalls, hike through gorges and access remote parts of this huge park on adventurous 4WD expeditions.
The red domes of the Bungle Bungle Ranges in Purnululu National Park form one of the most iconic Australian landscapes in existence.
You'll have a whole day to explore the gorges and valleys of the park, not to mention soak up a few fiery sunsets.
Tunnell Creek has a rich First Nations and bushranger history.
Walk through the underground passage with your guide, learning about the culture and traditions of the first Australians.
Breakfasts Included: 9.
Lunches Included: 10.
Dinners Included: 9.
Camping (with basic facilities) (3 nights),Camping (with facilities) (5 nights),Permanent,furnished tented camp (with shared facilities) (1 night).
All Terrain vehicle.
Age: min 12.
Group Size: 8 - 19.
Katherine Region - Nitmiluk National Park.
Lake Argyle - Camping at Lake Argyle.
Bungle Bungles - Cathedral Gorge Walk.
Bungle Bungles - Echidna Chasm Walk.
El Questro - Zebedee Springs.
El Questro - Emma Gorge.
Gibb River Road - Gibb River Road 4WD.
Adcock Gorge - Exploring Adcock Gorge.
Galvans Gorge - Exploring Galvans Gorge.
Manning Gorge - Exploring & Pool time under Manning Falls.
Bell Gorge - Windjana Gorge.
Bell Gorge - Manning Gorge.
Tunnel Creek National Park - Tunnel Creek Visit & Exploration Walk.
Day 1 - Darwin – Katherine Region Welcome to the tropical city of Darwin, where your overland adventure begins. Meet your group and leader at 6.30 am and hit the road. Stop at either Edith Falls for a swim or at Katherine Gorge in Nitmiluk National Park for a walk (depending on the season). Eat lunch, then continue to your overnight private campsite on the edge of Nitmiluk National Park, where permanent tents with swags await you. In the evening, settle down for dinner with the group.
Day 2 - Lake Argyle After breakfast this morning, continue to Lake Argyle. On arrival, admire this 700-square-kilometre lake and it's plentiful wildlife like freshwater crocodiles. Take an optional sunset cruise before setting up camp nearby for the night.
Day 3 - Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungle Ranges) Start the morning with some free time for a stroll around the picturesque town of Kununurra. Don’t forget to use this time to stock up on any last minute supplies before heading out into the remote Kimberley region. Get ready for some 4WD action as your experienced leader winds the truck across the rugger terrain of the entrance to Purnululu National Park, home of the iconic Bungle Bungles. It’s a bumpy ride but the scenery is fantastic. Enjoy an amazing Kimberley sunset at your bush camp.
Day 4 - Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungle Ranges) After breakfast prepare for a full day of activities, as the group heads back out to explore the remarkable rock formations of the Bungle Bungles. Hike to the thin, red gap of Echidna Chasm and the enormous Cathedral Gorge. There’s also the opportunity to experience a helicopter flight over the Bungle Bungles (at your own expense). As the sun goes down, head back to your overnight bush camp.
Day 5 - Bungle Bungles – El Questro After breakfast today, get back on the road toward El Questro Station. Admire the remarkable scenery of the Carr Boyd and Durack Ranges, and head along the vast nature trail of Warnum (Turkey Creek). In the late afternoon, head to your campsite in El Questro wilderness park for dinner and a cool drink at the swinging Arm Bar.
Day 6 - El Questro Station Spend the day exploring El Questro. Start off with a dip at Zebedee Springs before taking on a hike in the Cockburn Ranges for a swim under the waterfall at Emma Gorge. Tonight, enjoy another night at the El Questro campsite.
Day 7 - Gibb River Road – Mt Barnett After breakfast, its time to hit the road again and start travelling along the legendary Gibb River Road, a 600 kilometre dirt track running through the centre of the Kimberley. We’ve got a fair bit of ground to cover today, so there is a fair bit of drive time, but we’ll be breaking the journey up with lunch and at a few stops along the way. Tonight’s destination is at Mt Barnett station located very close to Manning Gorge. This evening we camp at Mt Barnett by the banks of a fresh-water river, perfect to cool off in after your day hiking.
Day 8 - Manning Gorge Spend the morning exploring Manning Gorge and enjoy a swim in the natural pools under Manning Falls. Depending on the season, post-lunch we spend the afternoon exploring Adcock or Galvans gorge before heading back to camp to relax around the campfire.
Day 9 - Bells Gorge – Windjana Gorge After breakfast, head to Bell Gorge for a swim under the cascading waterfalls. The afternoon sees us head to Windjana Gorge, a segment of 375 million-year-old reef that was once underwater. Cut through by the Lennard River, which runs during the wet season then breaks up into little billabongs during the dry, this gorge attracts many species of bird and bat and is a great spot to see wild freshwater crocodiles.
Day 10 - Broome Begin the day exploring the Napier Range. The major attraction here is a guided walk through Tunnel Creek, an extensive limestone cave system that extends 750-metres underground. Inside, shards of sunlight stream in through crevices, little bats flutter about and enormous stalactites rear down from the ceiling. Then make the final drive on to Broome, hopefully arriving in time for a stunning Cable Beach sunset.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans