Eastern Delight, 20 Days
Explore the spectacular east-coast cities of Canada and the USA, as well as the natural wonder of Niagara Falls and the maritime history of Cape Cod.
Day 1: Arrive Toronto.
You'll be met on arrival and transferred to your hotel.
Day 2: Toronto.
Meet your Tour Director and fellow passengers at a Welcome Breakfast. Then explore Toronto on a tour to discover the sights of this multicultural city.
Day 3: Niagara Falls.
This morning, stop at the village of Niagara-on-the-Lake before continuing to Niagara Falls for a thrilling boat cruise (raincoats provided). Stay in a Fallsview Room at the Marriott on the Falls. Perhaps take a helicopter flight over the falls (own expense).
Day 4: Kingston to 1000 Islands to Ottawa.
Visit Kingston en route to Ottawa and cruise around the 1000 Islands of the St Lawrence Seaway.
Day 5: Ottawa.
Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Ottawa. Then either tour the Canadian Parliament or relax at your hotel. The rest of the day is yours to perhaps see Ottawa by bicycle or take a Canadian Museum of Civilization tour (own expense).
Day 6: Ottawa to Quebec City.
Visit Parc Omega, an open-range native animal sanctuary, before heading to historic Quebec City. Enjoy an afternoon at leisure.
Day 7: Quebec City.
Explore Quebec City during a tour this morning. Then perhaps enjoy a leisurely river cruise along the St Lawrence River or explore Quebec City on a walking tour (own expense). Enjoy dinner at a traditional local sugar shack.
Day 8: Quebec City to Montreal.
Head to Montreal for a city tour with the rest of the day at leisure.
Day 9: Montreal.
After breakfast this morning, enjoy the entire day at leisure to explore. Perhaps join a walking tour of the city or, for a different perspective of Montreal, take an intriguing underground walking tour.
Day 10: Montreal to Stowe.
This morning, cross the border into the USA and travel to Waterbury. Visit Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory for a tour and tasting. Later, continue to the mountain resort town of Stowe in Vermont.
Day 11: Stowe to Boston.
After breakfast, journey to Concord via the rugged White Mountains. Enjoy some free time before heading for the city of Boston later today. Then settle into your hotel before dinner tonight.
Day 12: Boston.
Tour Boston today, a city renowned for its strong links to sport, history, music and cuisine. Along with a proud Irish heritage, Boston boasts many impressive landmarks. After your tour, spend the afternoon at your leisure to make your own discoveries and to perhaps dine at a local restaurant.
Day 13: Boston to Cape Cod.
Board a ferry from Boston to Provincetown, Cape Cod. Explore this eastern peninsula before arriving at Sea Crest to stay at the Sea Crest Beach Hotel. This evening, enjoy a delicious clambake on the beach.
Day 14: Cape Cod to Philadelphia.
Your journey continues to the city of Philadelphia via Newport. Here you will visit a pocket of beautifully preserved historic mansions, each with their own unique style.
Day 15: Philadelphia to Lancaster.
Today's tour of 'Philly' unpacks a treasure trove of early American history. Later, continue to Lancaster County, home to the religious Amish and Mennonite communities. This evening, you're invited to enjoy a traditional Amish feast.
Day 16: Lancaster to Washington DC.
Tour local Amish communities to gain an insight into their culture, faith and traditional way of life. Then journey to the US capital Washington DC, home to the nation's federal government and some of its finest landmarks.
Day 17: Washington DC.
Take in the US capital's sights on a tour, including the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument, the United States Capitol Building and the FBI Headquarters. Then enjoy time to explore at leisure.
Day 18: Washington DC to New York.
Arrive in arguably the world's most famous city today. Explore New York from the convenience of The Empire Hotel, right in the heart of the Big Apple.
Day 19: New York.
Enjoy breakfast at a traditional New York diner, ahead of a city sightseeing tour, which ensures you'll cover the Big Apple's many highlights. No visit to New York would be complete without a tour of the iconic Empire State Building, for sweeping views across this bustling major city. This afternoon, enjoy time to make your own discoveries before a special Farewell Dinner tonight.
Day 20: New York.
Your tour concludes after breakfast with a transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 November 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..