Rockies Explorer and Alaska Cruise
19 Day Canada and Alaska Land, Rail and Cruise Journey departing Vancouver.
2 Nights pre-cruise accommodation staying at the airmont Waterfront Hotel in Vancouver.
1 Night pre-cruise accommodation staying at hotel as assigned by Rocky Mountaineer in Kamloops.
2 Nights pre-cruise accommodation staying at the Fairmont Banff Springs in Banff National Park.
2 Nights pre-cruise accommodation staying at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in Banff National Park.
1 Night pre-cruise accommodation staying at the Sun Peaks Grand Hotel.
1 Night pre-cruise accommodation staying at the The Westin Whistler Resort and Spa.
2 Nights pre-cruise accommodation staying at the Hotel Grand Pacific in Victoria.
7 Nights accommodation from Vancouver, onboard Volendam in a Guaranteed Verandah Stateroom.
Luxury dining - a total of 40 meals.
Freedom of Choice inclusions in three locations.
Expert APT tour director and cruise liaison.
Lakeview Room at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.
GoldLeaf Service on the Rocky Mountaineer.
Guaranteed verandah on your cruise.
Transfers, port charges, porterage and gratuities.
BONUS Book and pay for the first passenger's flight and Tour through APT and the second person will fly return for FREE, including taxes up to $220*.
Day 1: Arrive Vancouver
Once you've landed in Vancouver, we'll meet you at the airport and bring you to your hotel before tonight's welcome dinner. D
Two Nights, Vancouver, Fairmont Waterfront Hotel
Day 2: Vancouver
After your Signature Experience, you'll be taken to Vancouver's must-see sites on a guided discovery. B
Day 3: Vancouver, Rocky Mountaineer, Kamloops
Your rail holiday starts this morning when you board the Rocky Mountaineer. Relax and soak up the views from your bi-level glass-dome carriage in GoldLeaf Service. BL
Kamloops, hotel as assigned by Rocky Mountaineer (three-star accommodation).
Day 4: Kamloops to Banff
The Canadian Rockies are on your mind today as your rail journey continues. Carve your way through the stunning scenery and Spiral Tunnels all the way to Banff National Park. BL
Two Nights, Banff National Park, Fairmont Banff Springs.
Day 5: Banff
Your day is spent with Freedom of Choice sightseeing and dining activities. BD
Day 6: Banff, Lake Louise
After your Signature Experience, set off on a tour through the town, and join the Trans-Canada Highway through Banff National Park to Lake Louise. BD
Two Nights, Banff National Park, Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, in a Lakeview Room.
Day 7: Lake Louise, Athabasca Glacier, Jasper
Travel along the Icefields Parkway, and stop at the Columbia Icefield. Board an Ice Explorer vehicle and journey onto Athabasca Glacier. BD
Day 8: Jasper, Mt Robson, Blue River, Sun Peaks
Take in views of Mt Robson as you travel along the Yellowhead Highway to Grizzly Bear Valley for your Signature Experience. Relax afterwards with dinner at your hotel. BLD
Sun Peaks Grand Hotel
Day 9: Sun Peaks, Whistler
Follow the tracks of early gold rush pioneers through the Cariboo region, stopping at Seton and Duffey lakes. Later, re-enter the Coast Mountains. Ringed by mountains, forests and valleys, you'll soon see why Whistler attracts outdoor enthusiasts. B
The Westin Whistler Resort and Spa
Day 10: Whistler, Georgia Strait, Victoria
Travel south to Horseshoe Bay and take a ferry to Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. Continue to Chemainus before arriving in Victoria. If you'd rather forgo the journey by land and ferry, take a floatplane flight instead (own expense). B
Two Nights, Victoria, Hotel Grand Pacific
Day 11: Victoria, The Butchart Gardens
Enjoy your Signature Experience this morning. Later, a special dinner is served for you and your fellow travellers. BD
Day 12: Victoria, Vancouver, Embark Ship
Return to Vancouver and board your ship for a cruise through Alaska's Inside Passage. This afternoon, settle in and explore the ship. BD
Seven Nights, Holland America Line's Volendam
Day 13: The Inside Passage
Ah the sea Spend today onboard, gliding past rocky headlands and over the icy waters of the Inside Passage, one of the most picturesque sea lanes in the world. BLD
Day 14: Juneau
Alaska's capital, Juneau, is set at the foot of the mountain peaks on the Gastineau Channel, and outdoor activities are plenty. Disembark and explore at leisure or with an optional excursion (own expense). BLD
Day 15: Skagway
Arrive in Skagway, the Inside Passage's northernmost point. See heritage buildings, now protected as part of the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park, and maybe set off on an excursion (own expense). BLD
Day 16: Glacier Bay National Park
Wake among the breathtaking scenery of Glacier Bay National Park. Take in the calving tidewater glaciers and learn from local rangers who explain the geological wonders. BLD
Day 17: Ketchikan
Dock in Ketchikan today, set on the tranquil shores of the Tongass Narrows, and spend some time exploring as you please. BLD
Day 18: The Inside Passage
Head through the Inside Passage, taking in the scenery as you near your final port. BLD
Day 19: Disembark Ship, Depart Vancouver
Say goodbye as you are taken to the airport. B
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- COMPANION FLY FREE: One person will receive free return economy airfare as per APTs choosing. Airfares are based on two passengers travelling in Economy class, including air taxes up to $220* for companion from selected Australian cities. Passengers must travel on the same tour departure date and flights.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..