The 2015 TTG Travel Awards has named Etihad Airways ‘Best Airline – Business Class’ in its 26th-annual travel industry award ceremony in Bangkok. This award makes number 11 for the carrier in 2015.
The Best Airline – Business Class award is voted for by readers of TTG Asia, TTG China, TTG India, TTG mice, TTG-BT Mice China, TTG associations and TTG Asia Luxury, and determined against several performance criteria: providing the best product and service in the industry; schedules and network; agent friendliness in terms of reservations; confirmations and commission; and the professionalism of the airline’s sales and marketing team.
Peter Baumgartner, Chief Commercial Officer at Etihad Airways, said: “We are delighted to have been recognised by TTG and the travel trade in the Asia Pacific region, who have voted Etihad Airways as ‘Best Airline – Business Class’.
“The Best Airline – Business Class award is an especially important accolade for Etihad Airways because of the highly competitive aviation landscape in the region.
“The ground-breaking new Business Studios on our fleet of A380s and B787 Dreamliners, in particular, have redefined luxury air travel by offering an unprecedented level of style, comfort and hospitality that sets a whole new benchmark for business class travel worldwide.”
Get the full scoop. Airline Review - Spotlight On Etihad Airways
What else sets it apart? Flying Families Get A Hand From Sky-High Nannies
Business Class guests on all Etihad Airways wide-body flights enjoy:
- Fully-flat beds
- Guaranteed direct aisle access
- In-flight, dedicated Food and Beverage Managers
- An extensive ‘dine anytime’ a la carte and snack menu standard on flights
On ultra-long-haul flights:
- Full turndown service
- Exclusive amenity kits
- Cotton loungewear and slippers
On the ground, Business Class guests will find:
- Airport lounges
- Chauffeur-driven limousine services at more than 40 locations worldwide
- Premium Lounge in Abu Dhabi featuring a Six Senses Spa and Style and Shave by Etihad facility, both offering a range of services, including a selection of complimentary treatments
The success at this year’s TTG Asia Awards follows a succession of triumphs for the Abu Dhabi-based airline already this year. These include:
- Airline of the Year at the TTG awards in the UK in September
- Best Airline, Best First Class and Best Arrivals Lounge at the Australian Business Traveller Awards in August
- World Travel Awards Middle East for Middle East’s Leading Airline, Middle East’s Leading Airline - First Class, and Middle East’s Leading Cabin Crew in May
- Crystal Cabin Award for its innovative A380 upper deck cabins at the Aircraft Interiors Expo in Hamburg
- PAX International awards for Best New Inflight-Entertainment and Connectivity Launch by an Airline and Best Inflight Duty Free Program
To book on this multi-award winning airline of the year, call your local travel expert today or find flights online.