Walk the Queen Charlotte Track
From 04/02/2022 to 30/01/2023
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Feb Fri 04 2022 to Feb Mon 07 2022AvailableFrom$1,462*
Apr Mon 04 2022 to Apr Thu 07 2022AvailableFrom$1,595*
Apr Mon 18 2022 to Apr Thu 21 2022AvailableFrom$1,550*
Apr Fri 29 2022 to May Mon 02 2022AvailableFrom$1,550*
May Fri 13 2022 to May Mon 16 2022AvailableFrom$1,550*
May Fri 27 2022 to May Mon 30 2022AvailableFrom$1,550*
Jun Fri 24 2022 to Jun Mon 27 2022AvailableFrom$1,550*
Sep Fri 23 2022 to Sep Mon 26 2022AvailableFrom$1,550*
Oct Fri 07 2022 to Oct Mon 10 2022AvailableFrom$1,550*
Oct Fri 28 2022 to Oct Mon 31 2022AvailableFrom$1,550*
Nov Fri 11 2022 to Nov Mon 14 2022AvailableFrom$1,550*
Nov Fri 25 2022 to Nov Mon 28 2022AvailableFrom$1,550*
Dec Fri 09 2022 to Dec Mon 12 2022AvailableFrom$1,595*
Dec Fri 30 2022 to Jan Mon 02 2023AvailableFrom$1,595*
Jan Fri 13 2023 to Jan Mon 16 2023AvailableFrom$1,640*
Hike sections of the Queen Charlotte Track with an expert local leader, weaving through some of the most awe-inspiring scenery of New Zealand’s South Island while learning about its history.
Venture from the historic site at Meretoto to the beautiful Endeavour Inlet where you’ll have the chance to explore the bay in a kayak or on a stand up paddleboard.
Wander along the coastline through gorgeous native bush and listen for the calls of fantails and bellbirds before arriving at the picturesque seaside settlement of Punga Cove.
The scenery may be wild but your accommodation couldn’t be more comfortable – rest your head each night in well positioned lodges with modern amenities.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (3 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Resolution Bay - Picnic Lunch.
Resolution Bay - Meretoto to Endeavour Inlet Track.
Punga Cove - Big Bay to Punga Cove Track.
Portage Bay - Packed Lunch.
Portage Bay - Kenepuru Saddle to Portage Bay Track.
Day 1 - Picton / Queen Charlotte Track Welcome to Picton! Hugging the side of the Queen Charlotte Sound, this seaside town is the jumping off point for your explorations of its famous track. Your adventure gets rolling with a 9am welcome meeting where you’ll link up with your local leader and fellow travellers, then it’s a 10am ferry to Meretoto, also known as Ship Cove. Be sure to keep an eye out for dolphins which can often be spotted swimming alongside the boat! Famed for being James Cooks base for his explorations of the country and a place of shelter for the Maori people, take some time to explore the cove while your leader shares its history. Depart Meretoto and begin today’s hike, climbing away from the coastline through untouched forests of ferns and beech – your leader will point out the fascinating and varied plant life as you go. Pause at a lookout point to admire views of the Queen Charlotte Sound, then descend into Resolution Bay and stop for a picnic lunch. Follow the shoreline over an old bridle path to the stunning Endeavour Inlet where you’ll have some downtime to kayak, stand up paddleboard or simply stretch out next to the water and relax. Later in the day, continue to your lodge accommodation and settle in for the night.
Day 2 - Queen Charlotte Track Wake up to the songs of birds and prepare for another scenic day of walking. Skirt along the coastline through gorgeous native bush while your leader helps you listen for the calls of fantails and bellbirds. Pass by Big Bay, walk through shady forest to Camp Bay, then arrive at the beautiful Punga Cove in the Marlborough Sounds. On arrival, take some time to explore this small but picturesque seaside settlement and perhaps pop into one of the few local eateries for lunch with a view. The afternoon is yours to make the most of your spectacular setting. You may like to hire a kayak to explore the bay’s clear waters, or chill out and your accommodation and make use of the outdoor pool. Your accommodation has a wonderful on-site restaurant for dinner this evening.
Day 3 - Queen Charlotte Track Today is your longest day of walking and also offers some of the most jaw-dropping scenery – get ready to give your legs and your camera a good workout! Depart from Punga Cove and follow the ridgeline towards the Kenepuru Saddle. Climb to the Eatwells Lookout, taking in sweeping views of the Marlborough Sounds as your leader points out Cook Strait and the Kaikoura Ranges in the distance, then descend to the Torea Saddle. Walk the final stretch to Portage Bay, your base for the night. With remarkable coastal views emerging with every step, this is sure to be a day to remember. This evening, enjoy a well-earned three course dinner at the excellent restaurant at your hotel and take the time to reminisce with your group about everything you’ve seen on your journey.
Day 4 - Queen Charlotte Track / Picton Enjoy a morning at leisure to enjoy all that Portage has to offer. You may like to rent a kayak or stand up paddleboard to explore the bay, or perhaps head out snorkelling to discover what lies beneath the water. Then it’s time to leave Portage Bay behind and take a short walk over the saddle to Torea Bay. From here it’s just a quick ferry ride to Picton, where on arrival your adventure will come to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 January 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans