Best of Turkey
From 21/08/2022 to 08/10/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Aug Sun 21 2022 to Sep Sat 03 2022On RequestFrom$3,295*
Sep Sun 04 2022 to Sep Sat 17 2022On RequestFrom$3,405*
Sep Sun 11 2022 to Sep Sat 24 2022On RequestFrom$3,405*
Sep Sun 18 2022 to Oct Sat 01 2022On RequestFrom$3,405*
Sep Sun 25 2022 to Oct Sat 08 2022AvailableFrom$3,405*
1 Be My Guest.
1 Farewell Dinner.
1 Welcome Reception.
2 Regional Dinners.
First class travel Highlights.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Ferry across the Dardanelles from Eceabat to Canakkale.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Optional Experiences and free time.
Day 1 - Welcome to Istanbul Stand at the ancient crossroads between Europe and Asia, embarking on a journey of discovery through ancient lands and the marauding empires who fought to rule it. Arriving in vibrant Istanbul, you will be transferred to your hotel before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a memorable Welcome Reception to kick off your epic adventure.
Day 2 - Discover Colourful Istanbul Spend your day delving into a city where modern and ancient coexist effortlessly. Gain insights into the Ottoman Empire's power during your guided tour of the Topkapi Palace and see the 4th-century Egyptian obelisk. Visit Hagia Sophia, the Hippodrome and the exquisite Blue Mosque, said to rival even the Great Mosque in Mecca. Dive Into Culture this afternoon, with a visit to the Grand Bazaar. Spend your afternoon haggling with passionate market vendors lining its labyrinthine lanes. This evening, consider an optional dinner with Turkish folk and belly dancing.
Day 3 - Journey to Gallipoli and ?anakkale Pay tribute to the brave souls who lost their lives at Gallipoli - the national pride of two nations, the Turkish and Australians, were awakened at the site of the bloody WWI battlefields and are commemorated to this day. See Anzac Cove and the Dardanelles, and visit the cemeteries of Lone Pine and Chunuk Bair, the final resting place of many Allied soldiers. We continue to ?anakkale where we dine at our hotel tonight.
Day 4 - Off to Troy, Pergamon and Izmir Explore the legends of Troy and see the symbolic replica of the famous Wooden Horse the Greeks used to break their siege of this ancient city. Visit the ancient Asclepion Medical Centre in the city of Pergamon before retiring in seaside Izmir this evening where we'll dine at our hotel.
Day 5 - Explore the Ruins of Ephesus Stroll through the ruins of the ancient Greek city of Ephesus, past the amazingly intact fa?ade of the Library of Celcus and down to what was once its thriving port. See the House of Virgin Mary at Mt. Koressos then spend the rest of the day at leisure. This evening you may consider joining an optional dinner at a local restaurant in Izmir and indulge in some of the local raki.
Day 6 - Onwards to Pamukkale Leave the coastal city of Izmir behind as you journey inland to Pamukkale. Relax and enjoy the blissful thermal pools at your hotel before dinner.
Day 7 - Venture to Hierapolis and Antalya Tread in the footsteps of the ancients who sought relief and relaxation at the Roman health spa at Hierapolis, then admire the bubbling pools and delicate white cascades of water of Pamukkale's Cotton Castle Springs. Later, we travel through scenic countryside and join the Yazir community in the Taurus Mountains, where we'll Connect With Locals and gain insights into their traditions at our Be My Guest lunch. Our stop for the next two nights is the Mediterranean retreat of Antalya. Enjoy some time on your own ambling through the winding lanes of its old city and admiring beautifully preserved Ottoman architecture. This evening, join your companions for a Regional Dinner at a local restaurant.
Day 8 - Enjoy Ancient Perge Enjoy a morning on your terms to soak up the enchanting seaside atmosphere of the Turkish Riviera, embarking on an optional yacht cruise or relaxing at the hotel pool. This afternoon, we travel to the Roman city of Perge to visit the impressive Antalya Archaeological Museum and see treasures spanning the centuries.
Day 9 - On the Road to Aspendos and Konya Witness the world's best-preserved theatre of antiquity during your first stop in Aspendos this morning, before continuing to Konya, where we will gain insights into the mystical Whirling Dervish sect whose remains lie in the Mevlana Museum and Mausoleum. We continue to the Karatay Tile Museum, spellbound by its exquisitely Seljuk-tiled dome, before returning to our hotel where we'll dine tonight.
Day 10 - Continue to Cappadocia See a well-preserved 13th-century caravanserai, at which weary travellers used to rest. We journey to Cappadocia with its honey-coloured rocky spires providing an enchanting backdrop for our visit to the underground city of Saratli on the ancient Silk Road. This evening, indulge in the flavours of traditional pottery kebabs during a Regional Dinner at a local restaurant, before retiring to your hotel with beautiful views of the surrounding fairy chimneys. Tonight we stay in one of Trafalgar's Stays With Stories located alongside the ancient Ortahisar rock castle.
Day 11 - A Day to Explore Spectacular G?reme The other-worldly landscapes of Cappadocia take centre stage today as we explore its volcanic landscape dotted with caves and troglodyte dwellings. We visit the G?reme Open-Air Museum to admire the extraordinary rock-hewn churches and Dive Into Culture to learn about the art of pottery making in Avanos before dining in our hotel this evening.
Day 12 - Onwards to Ankara Arriving in the youthful capital of Turkey today, we visit the Museum of Anatolian Civilisations and the final resting place of the country's beloved Atat?rk, the first president of the modern Turkish nation. This evening we dine at our hotel in Ankara.
Day 13 - Return to Istanbul Returning to Istanbul, we enjoy the rest of the day on our own. Delve into the depths of the Basilica Cistern, savour the intoxicating smells of the Spice Market or ascend Galata Tower for exquisite views of east and west. Consider an optional cruise navigating the waters of the Bosphorus before meeting your Travel Director and fellow companions for a memorable Farewell Dinner.
Day 14 - Farewell Istanbul Our epic journey into antiquity has come to an end as we bid Istanbul and newfound friends a fond farewell. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers. Sightseeing Highlights Explore Istanbul with a Local Specialist Visit the Topkapi Palace, Hagia Sophia, Hippodrome, Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar in Istanbul, Anzac Cove and the War Cemeteries at Gallipoli, the ancient ruins of Troy, the Asclepion Medical Centre at Pergamon, the ancient city at Ephesus, the Cotton Castle Springs in Pamukkale, the Archaeological Museum in Antalya, the home of the Whirling Dervishes at Konya, the underground city of Saratli, G?reme Open Air Museum and the Museum of Anatolian Civilisation at Ankara View the Wooden Horse at Troy Connect With Locals Enjoy a Be My Guest lunch with the Yazir community in the Taurus Mountains near Antalya. Stays with Stories Located alongside the ancient Ortahisar rock castle, many of the rooms at Dilek Kaya Hotel are hewn out of the surrounding rock. Dive into Culture Haggle for souvenirs at Istanbul's Grand Bazaar one of the largest covered markets in the world with 60 streets and over 5,000 shops. Dive Into Culture Learn about the art of pottery making in Avanos.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans