Broome to Perth Overland
From 13/05/2021 to 09/10/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Thu 13 2021 to May Sat 22 2021AvailableFrom$2,145*
May Thu 27 2021 to Jun Sat 05 2021Sold OutFrom$2,145*
Jun Thu 10 2021 to Jun Sat 19 2021Sold OutFrom$2,145*
Jun Thu 24 2021 to Jul Sat 03 2021Sold OutFrom$2,145*
Jul Thu 08 2021 to Jul Sat 17 2021Sold OutFrom$2,145*
Jul Thu 22 2021 to Jul Sat 31 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,145*
Aug Thu 05 2021 to Aug Sat 14 2021Sold OutFrom$2,145*
Aug Thu 19 2021 to Aug Sat 28 2021AvailableFrom$2,145*
Sep Thu 02 2021 to Sep Sat 11 2021Sold OutFrom$2,145*
Sep Thu 16 2021 to Sep Sat 25 2021AvailableFrom$2,145*
Sep Thu 30 2021 to Oct Sat 09 2021Sold OutFrom$2,145*
Explore Western Australia’s desert landscapes, national parks and spectacular Coral Coast in rugged style on the ultimate small group overland adventure.
The cattle stations, red earth and mining communities of the Pilbara are reminiscent of the sun-baked Australia much of the world imagines, and you’ll get to see it all firsthand.
Consider peering into the ecologically diverse underwater world of Ningaloo Reef by plane, glass-bottom boat or snorkel, and swim with the gentle beasts of the deep in season – whalesharks!.
Enjoy the flexibility of a private vehicle, the local knowledge of a passionate guide and the magic of camping under the great southern sky – : 9.
Lunches Included: 10.
Dinners Included: 9.
Cabin (1 nt),Camping (with facilities) (3 nts),Hostel (4 nts),Permanent safari camp (with shared facilities) (1 nt).
All Terrain vehicle.
Age: min 18.
Group Size: 6 - 20.
Karijini National Park Entrance.
Ningaloo Reef Marine Park.
Kalbarri National Park Entrance.
Monkey Mia Dolphins.
Nambung National Park (Pinnacles) Entrance.
Day 1 - Broome – Pilbra Region Welcome to the pearling town of Broome, where your Western Australian adventure begins. Those keen on beach-lazing might like to arrive a few days earlier, as the local beaches are superb. Depart Broome and cross the Great Sandy Desert, calling in at Eighty Mile Beach for a stroll along the white sand. From here travel south, passing through the mining city of Port Hedland, where you can witness the enormity of the iron ore industry. Spend the night on a station in the Pilbara Region.
Day 2 - Karajini National Park This morning we head toward Karijini National Park with a stop in Port Headland to check out the iron ore mecca of Australia. If time permits, we may duck into one of the gorges this afternoon. If not, we'll set up camp in the park and get a good night's rest before we head in for a full day of exploring tomorrow.
Day 3 - Karijini National Park Spend a full day exploring the gorges, gullies and secluded swimming spots of Karijini. Weano Gorge, Hancock Gorge, Dales Gorge and Oxers Lookout are just some of the better-known sites we’ll get to. This, without any doubt, is one of Australia’s most magnificent national parks (and it’s not like Australia has any shortage of them).
Day 4 - Karijini National Park Pack up your towel and walking shoes and head out for another day exploring Karijini with your leader. Anything you didn’t tick off the list yesterday you can chase up today – whether it’s a snooze in the sun or a strenuous trek to a lookout. Swim in waterholes, hike along rocky trails and splash about in waterfalls. Paradise!
Day 5 - Exmouth Today is a long day of driving (approximately 7 hours in total). Leaving Karijini, travel through the vast bushland and cattle stations of Pilbara. This sparsely populated region is known for its red earth and rich mineral deposits. Spend the night at an exclusive campsite at Yardie Creek in the Cape Range National Park, near Exmouth.
Day 6 - Ningaloo Reef Enjoy a day of freedom and relaxation. Depending on the season, you’ll have the option to snorkel or scuba dive in search of whale sharks or manta rays, the largest rays in the world. Perhaps take a walk to Vlamingh Head Lighthouse, or soak up the sun on the pristine beach at Turquoise Bay. In the afternoon, take a short trip to beautiful Coral Bay.
Day 7 - Ningaloo Reef Spend another day on Ningaloo Reef, one of the world’s largest fringing reefs, meaning that it starts practically from the water’s edge. You just swim out from shore and suddenly you’re in a world of coral, fish, turtles and manta rays. Swimming above these enormous majestic creatures is really something else, they might even put on an acrobatics show for you! Not much of a swimmer? There’s also the option of taking in the scene on a glass bottom boat tour, along with many other optional activities. We'll introduce you to the friendly staff at Coral Bay Eco Tours.
Day 8 - Monkey Mia Today we cross over the Tropic of Capricorn to Monkey Mia. The main stop for the day is Shell Beach, which, much as name would suggest, is a beach made of shells. They cover a stretch 60-kilometres long and up to seven-metres deep. Tonight, stay in Monkey Mia.
Day 9 - Monkey Mia – Kalbarri This morning, check out Monkey Mia – part of the Peron Peninsula, which extends into part of the Indian Ocean known as Shark Bay. This popular spot is known for its friendly local dolphins. Afterwards, continue across the Eastern Peninsula. See stromatolites, the oldest living organisms in the world, then head south for Kalbarri. Time permitting, there’ll be a stop along the way at Murchison Gorge, where there’s the opportunity to admire the landscape through Nature’s Window.
Day 10 - Nambung National Park – Perth It’s a driving day today, but a spectacular one. Cruising through the coastal gorges of Kalbarri National Park, we come to the quaint coastal town of Dongara, which sits at the head of the Irwin River. Anyone keen to give sandboarding a shot will get the chance at Sandy Cape (Lancelin), a vast sand desert peopled by the strange limestone structures of the Pinnacles Nambung National Park. After a walk around here it’s on to Perth, where this adventure finishes on arrival at 6 pm.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 16 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans