Vietnam Family Holiday with Teenagers
From 17/09/2022 to 07/01/2024
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Sat 17 2022 to Sep Sun 25 2022AvailableFrom$1,377*
Dec Sat 17 2022 to Dec Sun 25 2022AvailableFrom$1,650*
Dec Thu 29 2022 to Jan Fri 06 2023Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,715*
Dec Fri 30 2022 to Jan Sat 07 2023AvailableFrom$1,590*
Dec Sat 31 2022 to Jan Sun 08 2023AvailableFrom$1,635*
Jan Fri 06 2023 to Jan Sat 14 2023AvailableFrom$1,690*
Jan Fri 13 2023 to Jan Sat 21 2023AvailableFrom$1,690*
Mar Thu 30 2023 to Apr Fri 07 2023AvailableFrom$1,690*
Apr Sat 01 2023 to Apr Sun 09 2023AvailableFrom$1,685*
Apr Fri 07 2023 to Apr Sat 15 2023AvailableFrom$1,685*
Apr Sat 08 2023 to Apr Sun 16 2023AvailableFrom$1,685*
Apr Mon 10 2023 to Apr Tue 18 2023AvailableFrom$1,690*
Jun Sat 24 2023 to Jul Sun 02 2023AvailableFrom$1,685*
Jul Sat 01 2023 to Jul Sun 09 2023AvailableFrom$1,685*
Jul Sat 22 2023 to Jul Sun 30 2023AvailableFrom$1,685*
Aug Fri 04 2023 to Aug Sat 12 2023AvailableFrom$1,685*
Aug Sat 05 2023 to Aug Sun 13 2023AvailableFrom$1,685*
Experience the tranquil beauty of rural Vietnam while cycling hrough the lush rice paddies and limestone karsts of Ninh Binh.
Exploring Halong Bay by kayak allows you and your family to access places the junk boats can't.
Paddle through grottoes, land on secluded islands and inspect stalactites up close.
Eat for a good cause at Hanoi's KOTO restaurant, an initiative that trains street kids for careers in hospitality.
Be romanced by the well-preserved architecture, welcoming atmosphere and superb eateries of Hoi An.
Breakfasts Included: 8.
Lunches Included: 5.
Dinners Included: 4.
Homestay (1 night),Hotel (5 nights),Overnight boat (1 night),Overnight train (1 night).
Plane,private bus,bike,kayak,overnight train.
Age: min 10.
Group Size: 2 - 16.
Hanoi - Temple of Literature.
Hanoi - Ho Chi Minh Complex: Ho Chi Minh, Stilt House and Museum.
Hanoi - Koto Restaurant lunch.
Mai Chau - Pom Coong Village visit & traditional lunch.
Mai Chau - Traditional Textile Social Enterprise Experience.
Halong Bay - Kayaking.
Hoi An - Old Town walking tour.
Hoi An - Bike ride.
Day 1 - Hanoi Xin chao! Welcome to Vietnam. Your adventure begins with a Welcome Meeting at 5pm on Day 1. If you arrive early, why not get your first taste of Vietnam exploring the lovely, laidback capital. You can stroll the tree-lined boulevards to get a sense of the old days, wander the Old Quarter to uncover ancient temples and a rich, religious culture or head to the Temple of Literature, an oasis of calm right at the heart of Hanoi.
Day 2 - Hanoi This morning you’ll get the chance to explore the Vietnamese capital in more depth. Full of parks, lakes and tree-lined boulevards, the city is known for its laidback atmosphere. . Jump on our bus and visit the Ho Chi Minh Complex, which includes Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum, Stilt House and Museum, the Buddhist temple One Pillar Pagoda and the Temple of Literature. We'll join our friends at KOTO for lunch. KOTO stands for 'Know One, Teach One'. An organisation supported by The Intrepid Foundation, it trains street kids for careers in the hospitality industry. After lunch we swap 4 wheels for 2 and head out on a cycling tour around the West Lake. Riding distance: Approx 25kms/15miles
Day 3 - Mai Chau After another hearty breakfast it's on to our private bus for the journey to Luong Son (a drive of approximately 1.5 hours). Luong Son, a region in the country's northwest, is the starting point for our cycling adventure through Vietnam's famously picturesque countryside. Today's ride to Mai Chau is mostly along paved roads. After Hanoi's hustle and bustle, this area's fresh country air and relative lack of traffic are a delight. Mai Chau is home to a variety of minority groups with their own unique culture and languages. While here, visit a social enterprise centred around preserving and celebrating the traditional crafts of the Thai minority groups who settled in northwest Vietnam. Join some local women to learn about their lives and crafts and learn how to make an embroidery pattern or dye cloth. We have a support bus that travels with the group during the entire cycling route for those who don't wish to ride the entire way. Don't forget to pack plenty of water and snacks for along the way. Riding distance: Approx 60kms/37miles. NOTE: At the homestay you and your family will sleep on mattresses in a communal room. Bedding and mosquito nets are provided. Shared toilet and bathroom facilities are basic.
Day 4 - Ninh Binh Today is dedicated to exploring the villages and scenic countryside of provincial Vietnam. The journey from Mai Chau to Ninh Binh is fairly easy and leisurely-paced. You'll have plenty of opportunities to hop off your bike and take some photos of the surrounding valleys, sugarcane farms and rice paddies that compose the landscape. Final stop for the day is the small town of Ninh Binh. The Ninh Binh province is famed for its spectacular limestone karst scenery, lush rice paddies and gently flowing waterways. Riding distance: Approx 60kms/37miles
Day 5 - Halong Bay Having seen a bit of Northern Vietnam by bike, it's now time to see it by sea. Back on board our private bus, enjoy some easier travel on the drive to Halong Bay. Factoring in some stops along the way, the journey will take approximately 4 hours. A natural harbour of more than 2,000 limestone islands rising from the emerald waters of Bac Bo Gulf, Halong Bay is one of Vietnam's most scenic regions. Countless beaches, caves and grottoes exist in its area of 1,500 sq km, creating an environment perfectly suited for exploring by kayak. Today you'll set out on a kayak expedition. Your trip leader will take you through a safety demonstration, then lead you out onto the open waters. Tonight you'll be dining and sleeping on board a traditional Vietnamese junk boat. Our vessel has twin-share cabins with air-conditioning and private facilities, plus a cosy bar and dining area.
Day 6 - Halong Bay – Overnight Train Take a moment to soak in the magical landscapes of Halong Bay before disembarking your boat this morning. Make the drive back to Hanoi (approximately 3 hours), where you’ll have use of day rooms to freshen up. You may like to head out and grab some dinner with the group, then it’s time to go to the train station to board an overnight train to Da Nang.
Day 7 - Hoi An Arrive to Da Nang early this morning and take a short transfer to to Hoi An, a delightful old city with a great atmosphere. This will be our base for the next two days, from which we explore both the town and its surrounds by foot and bike. Recently declared a World Heritage site, Hoi An is beautifully preserved. Known as Faifo to early Western traders, it was one of South-East Asia's major international ports during the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. Today, parts of Hoi An look as they did more than a century ago and it retains the feel of centuries past, making it the sort of place that grows on you the more you explore it.
Day 8 - Hoi An Spend a day becoming acquainted with Hoi An, beginning with a guided orientation walk led by your leader. (approximately 2hours) Following lunch, it's back on two wheels for a wider exploration of the town and its surrounds. One of the routes we often take a ride past rice paddies and shrimp ponds to Cua Dai beach. The ride takes 2.5hours including stops. Hoi An is one of the best places in Vietnam to shop for souvenirs, especially if you’re looking for clothing, paintings or ceramics. For those interested in getting some clothes tailored, this is definitely the place to snare a bargain. Hoi An's streets are lined with small tailor studios and the speed with which they can whip up garments is remarkable. On the last night of your tour, why not wander down to the riverside and enjoy a final feast with the group? Riding distance: Approx 20kms/12miles
Day 9 - Hoi An Your trip ends today after breakfast. Either take a transfer to Danang airport for your onward flight or stick around a while longer getting to know this charming city.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans