Vietnam Family Holiday with Teenagers
From 08/01/2022 to 08/01/2023
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jan Sat 08 2022 to Jan Sun 16 2022AvailableFrom$1,865*
Jan Sat 15 2022 to Jan Sun 23 2022AvailableFrom$1,865*
Apr Sat 02 2022 to Apr Sun 10 2022AvailableFrom$1,865*
Apr Fri 08 2022 to Apr Sat 16 2022AvailableFrom$1,865*
Apr Sat 09 2022 to Apr Sun 17 2022AvailableFrom$1,865*
Jun Sat 25 2022 to Jul Sun 03 2022AvailableFrom$1,865*
Jul Sat 02 2022 to Jul Sun 10 2022AvailableFrom$1,865*
Jul Sat 23 2022 to Jul Sun 31 2022AvailableFrom$1,865*
Aug Fri 05 2022 to Aug Sat 13 2022AvailableFrom$1,865*
Aug Sat 06 2022 to Aug Sun 14 2022AvailableFrom$1,865*
Aug Sat 13 2022 to Aug Sun 21 2022AvailableFrom$1,865*
Sep Fri 16 2022 to Sep Sat 24 2022AvailableFrom$1,865*
Sep Sat 17 2022 to Sep Sun 25 2022AvailableFrom$1,865*
Sep Sat 24 2022 to Oct Sun 02 2022AvailableFrom$1,865*
Experience the tranquil beauty of rural Vietnam while cycling hrough the lush rice paddies and limestone karsts of Ninh Binh.
Exploring Halong Bay by kayak allows you and your family to access places the junk boats can't.
Paddle through grottoes, land on secluded islands and inspect stalactites up close.
Eat for a good cause at Hanoi's KOTO restaurant, an initiative that trains street kids for careers in hospitality.
Be romanced by the well-preserved architecture, welcoming atmosphere and superb eateries of Hoi An.
Breakfasts Included: 8.
Lunches Included: 5.
Dinners Included: 4.
Homestay (1 nt),Hotel (5 nts),Overnight boat (2 nts).
Age: min 10.
Group Size: 2 - 16.
Hanoi - Temple of Literature.
Hanoi - Ho Chi Minh Complex: Ho Chi Minh, Stilt House and Museum.
Hanoi - Koto Restaurant lunch.
Mai Chau - Pom Coong Village visit & traditional lunch.
Halong Bay - Kayaking.
Hoi An - Old Town walking tour.
Hoi An - Bike ride.
Day 1 - Hanoi Xin chao! Welcome to Vietnam. Your adventure begins with a Welcome Meeting at 5pm on Day 1. If you arrive early, why not get your first taste of Vietnam exploring the lovely, laidback capital. You can stroll the tree-lined boulevards to get a sense of the old days, wander the Old Quarter to uncover ancient temples and a rich, religious culture or head to the Temple of Literature, an oasis of calm right at the heart of Hanoi.
Day 2 - Hanoi This morning you’ll get the chance to explore the Vietnamese capital in more depth. Full of parks, lakes and tree-lined boulevards, the city is known for its laidback atmosphere. . Jump on our bus and visit the Ho Chi Minh Complex, which includes Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum, Stilt House and Museum, the Buddhist temple One Pillar Pagoda and the Temple of Literature. We'll join our friends at KOTO for lunch. KOTO stands for 'Know One, Teach One'. An organisation supported by The Intrepid Foundation, it trains street kids for careers in the hospitality industry. After lunch we swap 4 wheels for 2 and head out on a cycling tour around the West Lake. Riding distance: Approx 25kms/15miles
Day 3 - Mai Chau After another hearty breakfast it's on to our private bus for the journey to Luong Son (a drive of approximately 1.5 hours). Luong Son, a region in the country's northwest, is the starting point for our cycling adventure through Vietnam's famously picturesque countryside. Today's ride to Mai Chau is mostly along paved roads. After Hanoi's hustle and bustle, this area's fresh country air and relative lack of traffic are a delight. Mai Chau is home to a variety of minority groups with their own unique culture and languages. We have a support bus that travels with the group during the entire cycling route for those who don't wish to ride the entire way. Don't forget to pack plenty of water and snacks for along the way. Riding distance: Approx 60kms/37miles NOTE: At the homestay you and your family will sleep on mattresses in a communal room. Bedding and mosquito nets are provided. Shared toilet and bathroom facilities are basic.
Day 4 - Ninh Binh Today is dedicated to exploring the villages and scenic countryside of provincial Vietnam. The journey from Mai Chau to Ninh Binh is fairly easy and leisurely-paced. You'll have plenty of opportunities to hop off your bike and take some photos of the surrounding valleys, sugarcane farms and rice paddies that compose the landscape. Final stop for the day is the small town of Ninh Binh. The Ninh Binh province is famed for its spectacular limestone karst scenery, lush rice paddies and gently flowing waterways. Riding distance: Approx 60kms/37miles
Day 5 - Halong Bay Having seen a bit of Northern Vietnam by bike, it's now time to see it by sea. Back on board our private bus, enjoy some easier travel on the drive to Halong Bay – home for the next two nights. Factoring in some stop-offs along the way, the journey will take approximately 4 hours. A natural harbour of more than 2,000 limestone islands rising from the emerald waters of Bac Bo Gulf, Halong Bay is one of Vietnam's most scenic regions. Countless beaches, caves and grottoes exist in its area of 1,500 sq km, creating an environment perfectly suited for exploring by kayak. Over the next couple of days there'll be opportunities to swim in the South China Sea and check out its caves of stalactites and stalagmites. Today, however, you'll set out on a kayak expedition. Your trip leader will take you through a safety demonstration, then lead you out onto the open waters. Tonight you'll be dining and sleeping on board a traditional Vietnamese junk boat. Our vessel has twin-share cabins with air-conditioning and private facilities, plus a cosy bar and dining area.
Day 6 - Halong Bay Today head out for a full day's exploration of Halong Bay by kayak. All food for the day is included and the pace is set according to the ability of the group. After yesterday's warmup session, and in such an exquisite setting, today's exploration is sure to be fantastic fun.
Day 7 - Hoi An Returning to land we head straight to the Hanoi Airport to catch a flight down to Hoi An (flight time 1.5hours), a delightful old city with a great atmosphere. This will be our base for the next two days, from which we explore both the town and its surrounds by foot and bike. Recently declared a World Heritage site, Hoi An is beautifully preserved. Known as Faifo to early Western traders, it was one of South-East Asia's major international ports during the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries. Today, parts of Hoi An look as they did more than a century ago and it retains the feel of centuries past, making it the sort of place that grows on you the more you explore it. We arrive into Hoi An in the early evening.
Day 8 - Hoi An Spend a day becoming acquainted with Hoi An, beginning with a guided orientation walk led by your leader. (approximately 2hours) Following lunch, it's back on two wheels for a wider exploration of the town and its surrounds. One of the routes we often take a ride past rice paddies and shrimp ponds to Cua Dai beach. The ride takes 2.5hours including stops. Hoi An is one of the best places in Vietnam to shop for souvenirs, especially if you’re looking for clothing, paintings or ceramics. For those interested in getting some clothes tailored, this is definitely the place to snare a bargain. Hoi An's streets are lined with small tailor studios and the speed with which they can whip up garments is remarkable. On the last night of your tour, why not wander down to the riverside and enjoy a final feast with the group? Riding distance: Approx 20kms/12miles
Day 9 - Hoi An Your trip ends today after breakfast. Either take a transfer to Danang airport for your onward flight or stick around a while longer getting to know this charming city.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans