4WD Broome to Darwin Overland
From 29/04/2021 to 09/10/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Apr Thu 29 2021 to May Sat 08 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,395*
May Thu 13 2021 to May Sat 22 2021Sold OutFrom$2,395*
May Thu 27 2021 to Jun Sat 05 2021Sold OutFrom$2,395*
Jun Thu 10 2021 to Jun Sat 19 2021Sold OutFrom$2,395*
Jun Thu 24 2021 to Jul Sat 03 2021Sold OutFrom$2,395*
Jul Thu 08 2021 to Jul Sat 17 2021Sold OutFrom$2,395*
Jul Thu 22 2021 to Jul Sat 31 2021Sold OutFrom$2,395*
Aug Thu 05 2021 to Aug Sat 14 2021Sold OutFrom$2,395*
Aug Thu 19 2021 to Aug Sat 28 2021Sold OutFrom$2,395*
Sep Thu 02 2021 to Sep Sat 11 2021Sold OutFrom$2,395*
Sep Thu 30 2021 to Oct Sat 09 2021Sold OutFrom$2,395*
Experience the beautiful Kimberleys in rugged style with a local guide.
Our passionate leaders love this trip as much as you will.
Enjoy plenty of time to discover the untamed natural beauty of El Questro Station.
Paddle around in waterfalls, hike through gorges and access remote parts of this huge park on adventurous 4WD expeditions.
The red domes of the Bungle Bungle Ranges in Purnululu National Park form one of the most iconic Australian landscapes in existence.
You'll have a whole day to explore the gorges and valleys of the park, not to mention soak up a few fiery sunsets.
Tunnell Creek has a rich First Nations and bushranger history.
Walk through the underground passage with your Guide learning about the culture and traditions of the first Australians.
Breakfasts Included: 9.
Lunches Included: 10.
Dinners Included: 9.
Camping (with basic facilities) (3 nights),Camping (with facilities),(5 nights),permanent,furnished tented camp (with shared facilities) (1 night).
All Terrain vehicle.
Age: min 12.
Group Size: 6 - 20.
Tunnel Creek exploration walk.
Gibb River Road.
Cathedral Gorge Walk (Bungle Bungle).
Echidna Chasm Walk.
Day 1 - Broome – Tunnel Creek National Park Welcome to Broome, an easy going tourist town with a pretty striking strip of coastline. We set off into the West Australian wilds pretty early today, so consider arriving a day or two early if you fancy getting to know Broome better. After a bit of highway driving we reach the Fitzroy River, then it’s all off-road to the Napier Range. The main attraction here is a guided walk through Tunnel Creek, a vast cave system that extends 750 metres underground.
Day 2 - Windjana Gorge Today we head to Windjana Gorge, once an underwater reef just 350 million years ago. During the wet season a river flows all the way through it, but during the dry it’s really more a series of ponds and billabongs. Set out on a bit of an explore, hopefully spotting a freshwater crocodile or two. The western Kimberley region is full of endless stunning gorges that have to be explored and this afternoon is no exception. Bell Gorge is home to a stunning cascade of water flowing from the previous wet season rains that fall in the King Leoplold Ranges. We enjoy an afternoon swim in the large plunge pool before making our way to camp along the Gibb River Road.
Day 3 - Manning Gorge We spend the morning exploring Manning gorge and enjoy a swim in the pools under Manning Falls. After stretching your legs on the hike in you will be rewarded with a swim in a large rock pool at the base of Manning Falls. Spend the afternoon exploring Adcock or Galvins gorge before heading back to camp to relax around the campfire.
Day 4 - Gibb River Road to El Questro Fording rivers and weaving through gorges, travel by 4WD along the wild Gibb River Road – a 600-kilometre stretch that winds right through the heart of the Kimberley. Pass through remote and extraordinary country as you travel through this historic part of Australia. Cross the Pentecost River to reach the famous El Questro Station, where you’ll spend the night camping under the stars.
Day 5 - El Questro Station Wake up with the knowledge of not having to pack up camp before spending the day exploring the amazing sights of El Questro Station. Enjoy a relaxing swim at Zebedee Springs before tackling the hike into either Emma Gore or El Questro Gorge where you will be rewarded with a stunning waterfall and a swim. Tonight enjoy another night at the El Questro campsite, where you might choose to enjoy a well-earned drink at the station bar with your travel mates.
Day 6 - Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungle Range) Say goodbye to El Questro and hello Bungle Bungles. Today we drive through the rugged landscape of Carr Boyd and the Durack Ranges into Purnululu National Park. This park is home-ground of the Bungle Bungles, a UNESCO World Heritage Site dominated by massive sandstone karsts that rear hundreds of metres above the surrounding grasslands. We arrive at our bush camp in time to sit back and watch the sun set over the Osmond Ranges. If you’ve had enough of tent camping by now, you might want to spend tonight sleeping out beneath the stars snuggled up in a swag.
Day 7 - Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungle Range) After breakfast prepare for a full day of activities. Explore the remarkable rock formations of the Bungle Bungle Range. Hike to the constricted, red gap of Echidna Chasm and the immense Cathedral Gorge. You'll also have the opportunity to experience another perspective of the Bungles in a helicopter flight (at your own expense). As the sun goes down, head back to your overnight bush camp.
Day 8 - Lake Argyle This morning you will once again experience some serious 4WD action as you wind your way out of the Bungle Bungles. Take some time to have a look around the picturesque town of Kununarra. In the late afternoon, travel down beside the Ord River to make camp at Lake Argyle. You have the choice of relaxing in the famous infinity pool overlooking the magnificent Lake Argyle or appreciating it from the water by choosing to do a cruise (own expense). This vast body of water has been forged by the Ord River Dam. The biggest manmade lake in Australia, Lake Argyle is 18 times the size of Sydney Harbour!
Day 9 - Lake Argyle to the Katherine region Not long after breakfast say goodbye to WA as from here we cross the state border into the Northern Territory. The day is spent enjoying the last views of the Boabs you have fallen in love with as we make our way towards our last camp for the night just outside of Nitmiluk National Park in the Katherine Region.
Day 10 - Darwin On the final day of the trip, stop at either the secluded gorge of Nitmiluk (Katherine Gorge) or take one last plunge for the trip into the cool waters of Edith Falls. In the afternoon, make your way to Darwin, where your adventure comes to an end. Please book any onward travel the following day.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans