Highlights of Laos - 7 Days
From 2022-11-13 to 2023-12-17
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Nov Sun 13 2022 to Nov Sat 19 2022AvailableFrom$1,755*
Nov Sun 27 2022 to Dec Sat 03 2022AvailableFrom$1,755*
Jan Sun 22 2023 to Jan Sat 28 2023AvailableFrom$1,755*
Mar Sun 05 2023 to Mar Sat 11 2023AvailableFrom$1,755*
Apr Sun 09 2023 to Apr Sat 15 2023AvailableFrom$1,755*
Apr Sun 23 2023 to Apr Sat 29 2023AvailableFrom$1,755*
May Sun 21 2023 to May Sat 27 2023AvailableFrom$1,660*
Jun Sun 04 2023 to Jun Sat 10 2023AvailableFrom$1,660*
Jun Sun 18 2023 to Jun Sat 24 2023AvailableFrom$1,660*
Jul Sun 09 2023 to Jul Sat 15 2023AvailableFrom$1,660*
Jul Sun 23 2023 to Jul Sat 29 2023AvailableFrom$1,660*
Aug Sun 13 2023 to Aug Sat 19 2023AvailableFrom$1,660*
Breakfast daily, 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
6 nights 4 star and special class hotels.
Airport arrival transfer day 1 and departure transfer day 7.
Guided sightseeing - Vientiane, Vang Xang, Vang Vieng, Tham Jang Caves and Luang Prabang.
Excursion to Khouangsi Waterfall and ethnic minority villages.
Half day living land farm experience.
Escorted by English speaking Laotian tour guide.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles.
Day 1 - Vientiane Sunday. Welcome to Laos! Enjoy an airport arrival transfer and hotel check in. Spend the afternoon and evening at leisure.
Day 2 - Vientiane city tour After breakfast we explore the charming and laid-back capital of Laos with a city tour. We visit the oldest Buddhist monastery temple in the country - Wat Si Saket - and the former royal temple of Haw Pha Kaeo, built to house the famed Emerald Buddha. Today it serves as the national museum of religious art. Learn about Laos’ tragic past and present suffering at the COPE Centre, an organization that works with victims of unexploded bombs and mines. Next visit Pha That Luang, the most important monument in Laos and a symbol of both Buddhist religion and Lao sovereignty.
We also stop to view the imposing Patuxay monument - Vientiane’s own Arc de Triomphe. Later in the afternoon enjoy time exploring the hundreds of Hindu and Buddhist sculptures scattered throughout Buddha Park. End the day with a sunset dinner besides the Mekong River.
Day 3 - Vang Vieng Vientiane – Vang Vieng. We leave the capital early and journey north through lush countryside to Vang Vieng. Along the way we visit Ban Keun, famous for its salt extraction plant and a village of local Lao rice wine whiskey distillation. Our next stop is the busy and colourful market of Thalat, where local hill tribes come to trade and shop. Finally we visit the archaeological site of Vang Xang, which dates back to the 11th century. Arriving at Vang Vieng we check in to our delightfully rustic hotel, nestled on the banks of the Nam Song River. The remainder of the day offers free time, perhaps opt to explore the local caves or take a bicycle ride through the surrounding countryside.
Day 4 - Tham Jang Caves Vang Vieng – Luang Prabang. This morning we explore the famous caves of Tham Jang once used by the local people as a hideout during Chinese invasions. We observe the lifestyles of the local people at Ban Huai Ngai village before making our way further north to the UNESCO World Heritage listed city of Luang Prabang.
Day 5 - Luang Prabang Consider rising early this morning to view the daily ritual of saffron-clad monks and their procession down the streets of Luang Prabang collecting alms from the residents. After breakfast this morning we hop on a vintage tuk-tuk and explore the old town of Luang Prabang. Our first stop is the bustling morning market where we learn about some of the local products on offer. We will then visit the magnificent Wat Xiengthong with its low sweeping roof, representing traditional Laotian architecture. We end our morning at the impressive former Royal Palace which is now a national museum filled with ornate reception rooms and spectacular artifacts.
This afternoon we make our way to Khouangsi Waterfall, stopping en route at local villages to discover the different ethnic groups in this region. At the falls we can take in a dip in the turquoise pools, enjoy the scenery or explore the forest on one the walking trails.
Day 6 - Living Land Farm Experience This morning we head into the countryside to visit the Living Land Farm for a fun and hands on half day farming experience. Learn how rice is planted and cultivated in the rice paddy, experience the life of a rice farmer and plough the rice paddy with a water buffalo. Then we enjoy a tasty lunch of traditional Lao dishes at the farm's Rice House, while soaking up the spectacular views of rice terraces and mountains beyond.
The afternoon is free for you to independently explore more of Luang Prabang. Consider visiting the sobering UXO Centre to learn more about the Second Indochina War, take in more of the city's beautiful temples or head to the Ock Pop Tock weaving centre set in beautiful tropical gardens.
Day 7 - Farewell Laos Saturday. Spend the morning further exploring this delightful city before hotel check out and an included departure transfer to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans