From 28/06/2021 to 02/12/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jun Mon 28 2021 to Jul Fri 02 2021AvailableFrom$2,285*
Sep Mon 13 2021 to Sep Fri 17 2021AvailableFrom$2,285*
Oct Mon 11 2021 to Oct Fri 15 2021AvailableFrom$2,285*
Nov Mon 01 2021 to Nov Fri 05 2021AvailableFrom$2,375*
Nov Mon 29 2021 to Dec Fri 03 2021AvailableFrom$2,375*
Jan Thu 13 2022 to Jan Mon 17 2022AvailableFrom$2,650*
Jan Mon 24 2022 to Jan Fri 28 2022AvailableFrom$2,650*
Enjoy a boat trip on the Mekong River, observing stunning scenery and riverside French villas along the way.
Stop by the Pak Ou Caves, known for the hundreds of shrines and miniature Buddhist statues that line their walls.
Unwind in the laid-back jungle town of Luang Prabang.
Watch as orange-clad monks gather offerings of rice, fruit and sweets from locals before sunrise in a daily alms giving ceremony.
Visit Ock Pop Tok, an inspiring fair trade social enterprise that provides a sustainable source of income to local weavers and artisans.
Browse their beautifully-made traditional textiles and handicrafts while learning about the organisation.
A full day of sightseeing in Vientiane includes visits to the capital’s most dazzling attractions, including the golden Pha That Luang (or the Great Stupa), the most sacred monument in the country.
An Included flight on this trip makes travelling easy and allows for maximum time in each destination.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel Feature stay in Luang Prabang (3 nts),Hotel (1 nt).
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer.
Luang Prabang - Alms giving ceremony.
Luang Prabang - Baci welcome ceremony.
Luang Prabang - Kuang Si Waterfalls.
Luang Prabang - Mekong River cruise & Pak Ou Caves.
Luang Prabang - Ock Pop Tok visit.
Luang Prabang - Tat Kuang Si Bear Rescue Centre.
Luang Prabang - Traditional Arts & Ethnology Centre.
Vientiane - COPE visit.
Vientiane - Haw Pra Kaew.
Vientiane - Pratu Xai.
Vientiane - That Luang.
Vientiane - Wat Si Saket.
Day 1 - Luang Prabang Arrive in beautiful Luang Prabang, the jewel in Laos’ crown. Take your included transfer to the hotel. After settling into your room, your journey begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm. Please look for a note in the hotel lobby or ask reception where it will take place. Following this important meeting, you will be welcomed to the country with a tradition Baci ceremony. The ceremony, which aims to bring the 32 souls (khouan) that look after you back to your body and attract beneficial influence, is traditionally performed at all important events in a person's life. Afterwards, enjoy a free evening to explore this charming, French-influenced riverside town.
Day 2 - Luang Prabang Wake early to participate in the alms giving ceremony, one of the most sacred Buddhist traditions in Laos, where locals offer food to monks in order to seek spiritual blessing. Alms giving takes place daily as the sun rises, beginning on the main street of Luang Prabang before spreading out to side streets. Follow the locals as they kneel down, ready to give offerings of rice, fruit and sweet snacks to the monks. Later that morning, spend time learning about Laos’ diverse ethnic groups at the Traditional Arts & Ethnology Centre. Afterwards, enjoy an essential activity in Luang Prabang – a boat ride on the Mekong River. It's a great chance to see the riverside from a different angle, with all its stately French villas, trees, and slow-paced two-wheeled traffic. Further along the stream, outside of town, you visit the Pak Ou Caves, located at the confluence of the rivers Mekong and Ou. Enjoy lunch on the boat along the way.
Day 3 - Luang Prabang In the morning, visit Ock Pop Tok, an inspiring fair trade social enterprise that provides a sustainable source of income for female artisans in Luang Prabang. Their dedicated team shows women how to make a better living from their skills. The organisation then employs women to design, make and sell beautiful textiles and handicrafts at three shops across the city. Later take a short ride out of town to visit Kuang Si Waterfall. Its glorious blue-green cascades make for one of Laos' most photogenic attractions, and the pool at its base is great for swimming in. There is time to visit the nearby Bear Rescue Centre as well. In the evening, sit down to dinner at Khaiphaen, a Friends-International enterprise dedicated to improving the welfare of disadvantaged youth through skills-training.
Day 4 - Vientiane Fly to Vientiane, the capital of Laos, in the early morning. Though not as visually impressive as Luang Prabang, this city is renowned for its food and has some must see sights. Its main streets are awash with a variety of high-calibre restaurants that serve a remarkably diverse span of cuisines from across the globe. Embark on a guided sightseeing tour of the city, stopping in at Wat Si Saket, Hor Prakeo, Patuxai (Victory Gate) and That Luang along the way. You’ll also visit the Cooperative Orthotic and Prosthetic Enterprise (COPE), a remarkable not-for-profit organisation that makes rehabilitative devices and medical equipment accessible to people with physical disabilities in Laos.
Day 5 - Vientiane Your journey comes to an end after breakfast. There are no planned activities for today and you are free to depart at any time.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 February 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.