CLASSIC NEW ENGLAND
From 22/09/2022 to 15/10/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 0.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 0.
Day 1 - BOSTON Welcome to Boston! Your Tour Director is on hand late this afternoon to answer any questions.
Day 2 - BOSTON-PORTLAND-BAR HARBOR Head north into Maine, with a stop in the historic Maritime city of Portland. An included city sightseeing tour upon arrival shows the beautiful coastal region, including lighthouses and the local lobster fishermen. Time to stroll the cobblestone streets of Portland's famous Old Port waterfront, lined with working fishing wharves and converted warehouses with restaurants and shops. Continue northeast via Bangor, to Bar Harbor, a popular seaside resort and gateway to Acadia National Park. This evening feast on steamed mussels, Maine lobster, and delicious corn on the cob at an optional lobster bake. (B)
Day 3 - BAR HARBOR. EXCURSION TO ACADIA NATIONAL PARK Bar Harbor is situated on Mount Desert Island, one of the most beautiful Atlantic Islands and site of Acadia National Park, a landscape marked by woodland, rocky beaches, and glacier-scoured granite peaks such as Cadillac Mountain. Among the wildlife are moose, beaver, whales, and seabirds. Drive through the park, passing Cadillac Mountain, the highest point on the Atlantic Coast, to see some of New England's most spectacular scenery. Your afternoon is free to explore the quaint village of Bar Harbor on your own. You may decide to go whale watching or take a nature cruise. Gift shops, galleries, and boutiques line the village of Bar Harbor, if you prefer some souvenir shopping. Your Tour Director will have suggestions for additional sightseeing and dining. (CB)
Day 4 - BAR HARBOR-WHITE MOUNTAINS- SUNDAY RIVER Travel inland through the Longfellow Mountains and head for the fabulous White Mountains of New Hampshire. Admire the land of covered bridges, quaint towns, and forests noted for their vibrant colours during fall foliage. Overnight at the Sunday River Resort located in classic New England. (CB)
Day 5 - SUNDAY RIVER-MONTPELIER-MIDDLEBURY Today, you are greeted with the deep forest smells of the pines and changing leaves. A beautiful drive through Franconia Notch, along New Hampshire's Kancamagus Scenic Byway, and the White Mountain National Forest, is renowned for its fall leaf viewing. The "Kanc," as the locals call it, remains unspoiled by homes or service stations, allowing you to watch the maple, beech, and birch trees burst into a brilliant kaleidoscope of yellows, browns, oranges, and reds. In Montpelier, visit Vermont's oldest sugarhouse before ending the day in Middlebury, a beautiful village area that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Day 6 - MIDDLEBURY-WOODSTOCK-BRATTLEBORO This morning visit Woodstock, its village green reminiscent of 19th-century England. Next, visit Billings Farm & Museum, a living museum of Vermont's rural past and working dairy farm. At Quechee Gorge State Park, Vermont's little Grand Canyon see fabulous views of the gorge and, in Rockingham, visit the charming Vermont Country Store. This afternoon, enjoy some time in downtown Brattleboro, named one of the top-10 small art towns in the country.
Day 7 - BRATTLEBORO-HYANNIS This morning, venture to the seaside town of Hyannis, a village on the Cape Cod peninsula. Hyannis is known internationally as the "All-American City" and where you will find the John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum, award-winning restaurants, quaint storefronts, and beautiful beaches. (CB)
Day 8 - HYANNIS. DAY EXCURSION TO PROVINCETOWN Today, drive the arm of the Cape, to Provincetown. This dazzling seaside town along the Atlantic is a small haven at the end of the world, with the most beautiful beaches of New England, a bountiful culture, and an innumerable number of paths. Return to Hyannis, where the remainder of your time on the Cape is free for independent activities.
Day 9 - HYANNIS-BOSTON Depart this morning for Boston. Upon arrival, your guided tour focuses on the city's most prominent landmarks. See Boston Common; Old State House; Old North Church, from where Paul Revere got the signal to start his famous ride; historic sights of the Freedom Trail; and Faneuil Hall, with the chance to browse in Quincy Market. A stop at Boston Logan International Airport for those with homebound flights. Please schedule flights after 3:30 pm.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans