Jewels of the Bay Summer 2020
From 19/04/2020 to 30/03/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Apr Sun 19 2020 to Apr Tue 21 2020AvailableFrom$1,275*
Apr Sun 26 2020 to Apr Tue 28 2020AvailableFrom$1,275*
May Sun 31 2020 to Jun Tue 02 2020AvailableFrom$1,275*
Jun Sun 28 2020 to Jun Tue 30 2020AvailableFrom$1,275*
Jul Sun 26 2020 to Jul Tue 28 2020AvailableFrom$1,275*
Aug Sun 09 2020 to Aug Tue 11 2020AvailableFrom$1,275*
Aug Sun 23 2020 to Aug Tue 25 2020AvailableFrom$1,275*
Sep Sun 06 2020 to Sep Tue 08 2020AvailableFrom$1,275*
Sep Sun 13 2020 to Sep Tue 15 2020AvailableFrom$1,275*
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-Stays.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Auckland - Bay of Islands (2 Nights) Leave Auckland this morning, travelling north over the Harbour Bridge past the sprawling suburbs of the city's North Shore. Your scenic drive continues through Northland's lush farmland before arriving in the beautiful Bay of Islands. Explore the place where M?ori and British culture merged in the 18th century and see the beauty that lies within a network of 144 islands which dot the bay with their beautiful golden beaches. Wake up the sound of gentle waves, a cool sea breeze and the smell of the ocean over the next few days. But for now, the soul-stirring views never end as you cruise through game-fishing waters to Cape Brett and, weather permitting, through the famous 'Hole in the Rock' and into New Zealand's largest sea cave. Your return cruise to Paihia slices through the turquoise waters of the bay. Pass deserted beaches and secluded bays while you keep your eyes peeled for dolphins, seals and penguins which find sanctuary in this pristine tropical setting. Stay overnight in the jewel of the Bay of Islands, renowned for its secluded bays, mild weather and warm caf? culture. This evening, gather with your Travel Director and travelling companions for a Welcome Reception and dinner.
Day 2 - Bay of Islands Free Time Indulge in a free day to soak up the enchanting beauty of the Bay of Islands. The allure of the great outdoors and array of experiences will be impossible to resist, and you'll want to skip a leisurely start to your day and head out on your own adventure. Consider an Optional Experience on the water, whipping through the waves on board a historic tall ship where you can play Captain James Cook for the day and sail amidst the deep blue waters he once did in his 'discovery' of New Zealand over 250 years ago. Savour the bold flavours of the region's full-bodied reds when you embark on a memorable wine tasting tour with stunning coastal views. You could consider instead a Russell Mini Tour to learn about the area's historical significance, taking a walk back in time to discover its wild ways as a noisy port town refuelling ships. Evidence of its colourful heritage can be seen in the historic buildings that remain to this day. You'll explore two centuries of what was once regarded as the "Hell Hole of the Pacific" and has today emerged as an idyllic tourism hotspot - how times have changed! After an action-packed day, you'll enjoy an evening at leisure to spend as you wish. Make the most of your stay and head to one of the restaurants along the waterfront, watching as the sun sets on yet another glorious day in New Zealand.
Day 3 - Bay of Islands - Depart Auckland There's no need to rush this morning. You can get your final fix of paradise before returning to Auckland. Take a stroll on the beach to set the right tone for your day and enjoy a leisurely coffee watching this serene seaside haven come to life. Our scenic journey south stops in Whangarei, the northernmost city in New Zealand, where there's time to admire local art and stroll along the marina in the Town Basin. Learn about the stories and legends of the people of the land, their special connection to nature and how they once ruled Aotearoa, the land of the long white cloud. Continue to Parry Kauri Park where you'll embark on a memorable walk among the ancient Kauri giants, which have towered over the forest floor for millennia. Connect with nature and learn heavy logging over the centuries has considerably reduced the numbers of trees that remain to this day. Later this afternoon, you'll arrive in Auckland, where your memorable encounter with New Zealand's Bay of Islands comes to an end. Sightseeing Highlights VISIT Whangarei, New Zealand's northernmost city and Parry Kauri Park VIEW lush farmland scenery of Northland and marine life in Bay of Islands CRUISE to Cape Brett and through the Hole in the Rock
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 September 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..