Northern Vietnam Adventure (Hanoi to Hoi An)
From 01/01/2020 to 31/03/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Feb Sat 01 2020 to Feb Sat 29 2020AvailableFrom$1,099*
Mar Sun 01 2020 to Mar Tue 31 2020AvailableFrom$1,099*
Apr Wed 01 2020 to Apr Thu 30 2020Available
May Fri 01 2020 to May Sun 31 2020AvailableFrom$1,019*
Jun Mon 01 2020 to Jun Tue 30 2020AvailableFrom$1,019*
Jul Wed 01 2020 to Jul Fri 31 2020AvailableFrom$1,019*
Aug Sat 01 2020 to Aug Mon 31 2020AvailableFrom$1,019*
Sep Tue 01 2020 to Sep Wed 30 2020AvailableFrom$1,019*
Nov Sun 01 2020 to Nov Mon 30 2020Available
Dec Tue 01 2020 to Dec Thu 31 2020AvailableFrom$1,069*
Jan Fri 01 2021 to Jan Sun 31 2021AvailableFrom$1,069*
Explore the bustling street markets of Hoi An.
Discover the Phong Nha Ke Bang caves and its surrounds.
Visit the historic Vinh Moc Tunnels .
Your legendary Busabout crew.
7 nights’ accommodation.
7 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
Air-conditioned private transport.
Hanoi Street Food Tour.
Village cycle trip Mai Chau.
Entry and gondola ride to the Golden Hand Bridge, Danang.
Entrance to the Vinh Moc Tunnels .
Hoi An Old Town entrance.
Day 1 - Hanoi Your adventure begins in the eclectic, ancient Vietnamese capital of Hanoi. Meet with your fantastic Busabout Guide and get a feel for what’s to come before getting straight into the local culture with an included street food crawl for dinner. Get lost in the tastes and smells of the delicious dishes on offer ranging from the amazingly tasty bun cha noodle dish, to unique egg coffee. Once you’ve had your fill of tasty delicacies, we head off to the international corner to experience a local institution, the refreshing taste of the daily-brewed and preservative-free draught beer Bia Hoi. Later, you’re free to explore the local bars as you get to know your new Busabout squad. - Dinner included
Day 2 - Hanoi to Mai Chau This morning we head west through the gorgeous Vietnamese countryside en route to the jaw-dropping beauty of Mai Chau. Keep your cameras at the ready as we navigate the shimmering green patchwork of rice fields dotted with rustic stilt houses before stopping at a panoramic viewpoint overlooking the Mai Chau valley. We are treated to a scrumptious included lunch upon arrival at our stilted accommodations before hopping on a bicycle and burning off some calories, as we cycle on an included tour of the area with a local guide through this idyllic valley. This evening we’ll enjoy a refreshing sundowner in a local bar, before being treated to a locally sourced traditional meal at the homestay and a few too many glasses of the potent local rice wine. - Breakfast, lunch and dinner included
Day 3 - Mai Chau to Phong Nha Ke Bang Kick back and relax as we make our way south to the pristine natural wonder of Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park. We arrive at the UNESCO-listed park in the evening and check-in to our accommodation shortly after. Enjoy an optional dinner at a local restaurant before heading out to soak up the atmosphere of this tiny township by night! - Breakfast included
Day 4 - Phong Nha Ke Bang Prepare for a full day lost in the wilderness of Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park. If you have signed up for today’s optional excursion, we begin our caving adventure amidst the jaw-dropping beauty of Paradise Cave. Discovered a mere 13 years ago, this is the longest dry cave in the park and features some truly majestic natural structures formed within! We emerge to daylight just in time for a delicious lunch to recharge our batteries before catching Vietnam’s longest zip line to our next destination: the pitch black, mud filled playpen of the Dark Cave. Spend some time frolicking in the mud and enjoying the activities by torchlight before emerging into the Asian sun and having a splash in the river to clean up and cool off. Tonight, recap on the day’s adventures over an optional dinner and drinks with your new Busabout family! - Breakfast included
Day 5 - Phong Nha Ke Bang to Hue We say our goodbyes to this scenic location as we head south to Vietnam’s ancient capital Hue, with an included stop en route at the Vinh Moc Tunnels to learn the fascinating history of this underground city. We arrive in Hue in time to grab a delicious local bite to eat before checking in to the hotel. The afternoon is all yours for exploring this gorgeous riverside city! We highly recommend you join our optional guided tour around Hue’s Imperial Citadel, the towering Pagoda of the Celestial Lady and Khai Dinh Royal Tomb, finishing up with a fun cyclo ride around the city. After an optional dinner this evening, we’ll head out for drinks on the town to better experience the vibrant nightlife on offer in Hue. - Breakfast included
Day 6 - Hue to Hoi An It’s time to hit the road again, towards the jaw-droppingly beautiful Hoi An. But first we have an included stop at the #instaworthy Golden Hand Bridge to enjoy amazing views over the surrounding countryside! We arrive this afternoon in Hoi An just in time for lunch, followed by a visit to the famous Yaly Couture for those looking for bespoke tailored clothing. The rest of the day is yours to explore the stunningly preserved Old Town and soak up the rich local history. Grab yourselves a banana-print shirt, because tonight it’s time for the infamous Busabout Fruit Salad Shirt night - head out with your Busabout crew and experience the lively local atmosphere! - Breakfast included
Day 7 - Hoi An Today is your free day to explore all that this beautiful city has to offer. Head out into town and delve the depths of this historic city! This afternoon we offer an incredible taste of local life on an optional Eco Tour and Cooking Class hosted by your knowledgeable local guide Mr Chu. On this tour you’ll get to cycle around the countryside and hear about the local history and customs, before learning to fish and crab from a basket boat. Explore the narrow yet beautiful channels as you make your way to the Chu family home for a lesson in traditional Vietnamese cuisine where you’ll learn how to cook your very own delicious meal, featuring spring rolls, xeo, and more! This evening enjoy a final night in Hoi An with your Busabout family. - Breakfast included
Day 8 - Hoi An Check-out is after breakfast. We hope to see you again! - Breakfast included
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 January 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.