With the success of the hit musical Hamilton, we've created a tour to help people understand how an illegitimate immigrant finds his way to New York, remakes himself, and becomes one of our most brilliant, charismatic, and controversial founding fathers Walk in the footsteps of Alexander Hamilton through New York City's oldest neighborhood, the financial district, and discover how this famous New Yorker has his fingerprints on nearly every landmark these streets have to offer.
Our adventure begins at Trinity Church, where Hamilton was buried as a result of one of the darkest days in American political history. Learn how Hamilton arrived in America on the eve of a revolution and quickly became one of the most influential minds of his day, only to be shot dead before his 50th birthday. We'll stop by Zuccotti Park and uncover how more recent revolutionary movements like Occupy Wall Street trace their roots to Hamilton's ambitious plans for American prosperity. Next, we'll learn how Hamiltons role as America's first Secretary of the Treasury ultimately led to the creation of the New York Stock Exchange. Across the street sits Federal Hall, where Hamilton looked on as George Washington was sworn in as our nation's first president and where he served in the first cabinet. We'll then check out the two Wall Street skyscrapers that still stand as reminders of the epic feud between Hamilton and Burr, one emblazoned with the name of one of our more recent politicians and local celebrities, Donald Trump.
Finally, we'll make our way down the first paved street in New York City to one of the oldest bars in town where Hamilton himself used to drink with George Washington, and we'll raise our own glass to freedom and to Hamilton. Along the entire route we will discover not only Hamilton's history in New York but also how he came to epitomize the American Dream, created the modern world we live in today, inspired many of our wealthy leaders who continue to shape the city and world, and finally, how he wrestled with the questions of wealth, privilege, and power in ways that are just as relevant today as they were in the 1700s.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 March 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..