North Island Central Loop Road Trip, 7 Days
Experience the best the Top of the North Island has to offer, from the cool metropolis of Auckland to the simmering pools of Rotorua, the natural beauty of Taupo and her lake, and the greenspaces of Hamilton. Packed with scenic vistas, cultural experiences and great food and wine experiences, this itinerary has something for everyone.Day 1 Auckland
Arrive in the harbour city of Auckland and spend a day and night exploring all she has to offer. Harbour-side dining and bars, natural wonders of Waiheke Islands, only 40 minutes from the city, and for the adrenaline junkie - why not hurl yourself off the top of the Sky Tower.
Stay 1 night at Waldorf St Martins Apartments Hotel.Day 2-4 Drive from Auckland to Rotorua (228km)
The best place to see the living, breathing power of the Earth, with dramatic spouting geysers, bubbling mud, hot springs and even luxurious healing spas. Take a short detour to Matamata to visit Hobbiton, New Zealand's most popular tourist attraction - so book early to avoid missing out.
Stay 3 nights at Ibis Rotorua.Day 5 Drive from Rotorua to Lake Taupo (82km)
A place of extraordinary natural beauty, Taupo is on the shore of sparkling Lake Taupo and close to the ancient volcanoes of Tongariro National Park. Home to the famous Huka Falls, Taupo is a mecca for those who love the outdoors - with fly fishing, walking and biking trails and ski fields all on your doorstep.
Stay 1 night at the Hilton Lake Taupo.Day 6 Drive from Taupo to Hamilton (152km)
Stop on the way at Waitomo to experience the incredible maze of limestone caves, home to thousands of glow worms. Enjoy the beautiful green spaces of Hamilton, including the formal Hamilton Gardens, bird haven of Sanctuary Mountain or cruise down the Waikato River.
Stay 1 night at Distinction Hamilton.Day 7 Drive from Hamilton to Auckland (124km)
Your self-drive holiday ends in Auckland. Why not extend further and head up the coast to the amazing Bay of Islands .
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 May 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..