Japan Winter Wonder
From 28/11/2020 to 15/03/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Visit the Kasuga Shrine and Todaiji TempleItsukushima Shrine and Miyajima Island.
You'll spend this tasty adventure in twin-share hotel accommodation.
Think comfy, cosy, and in sweet locations.
Breakfast every day is included when you travel Contiki, it's how we rollA highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life, along with Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Day 2 - Osaka Universal Studios, Osaka Castle, iconic Dōtonbori - today is yours to take on Osaka as your heart desires. History lovers can experience a slice of the past at the 16th-century Osaka Castle, one of the city's best known landmarks, or those keen for a little slice of Shinto could experience Sumiyoshi-taisha, one of the country's oldest Shinto shrines. This evening, why not get to know your new travel friends over our Free Time Add-On foodie experience? We'll be heading to an Izakaya in the bustling hub of Dotonburi. These traditional little restaurants are like a trip back in time, with rice beer, sake & locals finishing up their days. Still not done for the day? We sense some traditional Japanese PATI (that's Japanese for partying) and karaoke may be on the cards....
Day 6 - Hiroshima We'll start the day with a ferry ride over to Miyajima Island where beautiful scenery and miniature deer await us. If you're impressed by the traditional Japanese gates at the entrance, just wait until you've seen the main event - the stunning Itsukushima Shrine. Culture goals ticked, we'll make our way back to Hiroshima to dig a little deeper into the city's noble history.
Day 9 - Tokyo Today's our last day in Tokyo, and our last day on tour, so let's make it one to remember. With a free day to explore Japan your way, we have a sneaking suspicion Harajuku may be calling you back - it kind of has that affect on people. Want to make your last night the weirdest, wackiest and most space age yet? We have two words for you my friends - Robot Restaurant...
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 June 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 27 May 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.