Japan Winter Wonder(Twin Room,Start Osaka, End Tokyo)
From 06/03/2021 to 15/03/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
You'll spend this tasty adventure in twin-share hotel accommodation.
Think comfy, cosy, and in sweet locations.
Breakfast every day is included when you travel Contiki, it's how we roll.
A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life, along with Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
Day 1 - Arrive Osaka Konnichiwa friends, and welcome to the land of the rising sun. Famed for its beauty, culture, cuisine and just a touch of crazy, this is one trip you won't be forgetting any time soon. Get settled into your hotel before joining forces with your Trip Manager & travel crew & head out to explore the local area.
Day 2 - Osaka Universal Studios, Osaka Castle, iconic D?tonbori - today is yours to take on Osaka as your heart desires. History lovers can experience a slice of the past at the 16th-century Osaka Castle, one of the city's best known landmarks, or those keen for a little slice of Shinto could experience Sumiyoshi-taisha, one of the country's oldest Shinto shrines. This evening, why not get to know your new travel friends over our Free Time Add-On foodie experience? We'll be heading to an Izakaya in the bustling hub of Dotonburi. These traditional little restaurants are like a trip back in time, with rice beer, sake & locals finishing up their days. Still not done for the day? We sense some traditional Japanese PATI (that's Japanese for partying) and karaoke may be on the cards....
Day 3 - Osaka to Kyoto Tuck in to your tasty breakfast this morning, you're going to need the food fuel for a full day in Kyoto.Arriving into Kyoto, we'll kick things off with a guided tour of this beautiful, traditional city. Take in the sights of the city including temples, gardens, colourful shrines & world famous geisha girls. This evening is free for you to get to know Kyoto your way, most likely trying out local cuisine in the Shirakawa area & getting to grips with the buzzy Kyoto nightlife.
Day 4 - Kyoto Didn't feel like you had enough time yesterday to really get under the skin of this utterly unique city? We've got good news for you - today is completely free for Kyoto adventuring. Ask your Trip Manager for the essentials on what to eat and where to go, then our best advice? Go get yourself a little lost, it's undeniably the best way to get to know a new city.
Day 5 - Kyoto to Hiroshima Ready for a totally new experience? This morning it's all aboard the bullet train, travelling at a cool 320km/hr as we make our way to Hiroshima.A city remembered as the world's first atomic bomb target during WWII, we'll learn about both the past and present on a sightseeing tour. The rest of the day will then be free to get to know Hiroshima however suits you best - food, shopping, history, it's all here at your fingertips.
Day 6 - Hiroshima We'll start the day with a ferry ride over to Miyajima Island where beautiful scenery and miniature deer await us. If you're impressed by the traditional Japanese gates at the entrance, just wait until you've seen the main event - the stunning Itsukushima Shrine. Culture goals ticked, we'll make our way back to Hiroshima to dig a little deeper into the city's noble history.
Day 7 - Hiroshima to Tokyo Tokyo, you're firmly in our sights...Welcome to the bright lights & big city vibes of Tokyo, our home for the next 3 nights. We'll dive right into this 24 hour city with a sightseeing tour of the best bits - the home of the Emperor of Japan, the beautiful Imperial Palace, and the oldest of the city's temples, the ancient Buddhist temple Asakusa Senso-ji. We'll take a walk down Nakamise Street (one of the oldest shopping streets in Japan that dates back to the 1500's) to pick up treasures for family and friends back home, brave the busiest street crossing in the world (Shibuya), then round things off at the epicentre of youth culture & fashion, Harajuku. This part of town buzzes with cool vibes & crazy fashion, and we reckon you'll instantly fall in lust.
Day 8 - Tokyo (Day Trip To Hakone) Taking a brief reprieve from the buzz of Tokyo, this morning we'll head south to Hakone for breathtaking views of some of Japan's most famous sights, courtesy of the Hakone Ropeway.Returning to Tokyo this afternoon, we've got a Free Time Add-On we reckon you'll find hard to resist - a much needed soak in traditional Japanese hot spring baths, locally known as an Onsen. Be warned though, these hot springs are not for the shy (meaning total nakedness), but are the perfect way to unwind after a day of exploring the sights & sounds of the city.
Day 9 - Tokyo Today's our last day in Tokyo, and our last day on tour, so let's make it one to remember. With a free day to explore Japan your way, we have a sneaking suspicion Harajuku may be calling you back - it kind of has that affect on people. Want to make your last night the weirdest, wackiest and most space age yet? We have two words for you my friends - Robot Restaurant...
Day 10 - End Tokyo And just like that, it's all over. Japan crew, it's been a hell of a 10 days, and we have a sneaking suspicion this isn't a forever goodbye... Hiroshima Visit the Itsukushima Shrine & spot miniature deer on Miyajima Island
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.