Heart of England
Departure dates & prices
Apr Sat 24 2021 to Apr Thu 29 2021From$3,769*
May Sat 08 2021 to May Thu 13 2021From$3,999*
May Sat 29 2021 to Jun Thu 03 2021AvailableFrom$3,999*
Jun Sat 19 2021 to Jun Thu 24 2021From$3,999*
Jul Sun 11 2021 to Jul Fri 16 2021From$3,999*
Aug Sat 14 2021 to Aug Thu 19 2021From$3,999*
Aug Sat 28 2021 to Sep Thu 02 2021From$3,999*
Sep Sat 04 2021 to Sep Thu 09 2021From$3,999*
Sep Sat 18 2021 to Sep Thu 23 2021From$3,769*
Day 1 - London
After meeting the group in England’s vibrant capital, we’ll get to know one another over a delicious welcome dinner at the hotel. Accommodation: Wellington by Blue Orchid (or similar)
Day 2 - London – Oxford – Stratford-upon-Avon
After breakfast, we’ll set our sights on our first stop: charming Oxford. Here, we’ll learn about the poets, professors, scientists and sporting heroes that have graced the city’s streets over the years with a locally guided walking tour. Then: we’ll venture through quintessential English countryside to meet with the Cotswolds. This charming area is a patchwork of green hills and farmland, peppered with centuries-old villages and caramel-hued cottages. We’ll enjoy some free time to stroll the elegant terraced High Street of Chipping Campden – before tucking into another delicious group dinner at our hotel in Stratford-upon-Avon. Accommodation: The Arden Hotel (or similar)
Day 3 - Stratford-upon-Avon – Cotswolds – Stratford-upon-Avon
The life and times of William Shakespeare will take centre stage today when we pay a visit to the playwright’s timbered childhood home and his wife Anne Hathaway’s pretty thatched cottage. A stroll through the blooming gardens here is a must! We’ll have some time to enjoy lunch at our leisure – before we explore some picturesque Cotswolds hamlets this afternoon. This evening will be ours to spend at our leisure. Accommodation: The Arden Hotel (or similar)
Day 4 - Stratford-upon-Avon – Lacock – Bath
Day four promises to be an indulgent one, with an afternoon of high tea on the agenda before we move on to Lacock. This showstopper of a village often doubles as a film set, and you may recognise it from Pride and Prejudice or The Other Boleyn Girl. After imagining ourselves as costume drama heroes and heroines, we’ll step inside the magnificent abbey – whose peaceful cloisters took a starring turn as the Hogwarts hallways in the Harry Potter series. Then: onwards to Bath, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed city with true ‘wow’ factor, where we’ll make ourselves at home for our final two nights. This evening, we’ll spend exploring Bath at our own pace. Accommodation: The Abbey Hotel (or similar)
Day 5 - Bath
After receiving a fascinating insight into Roman life on a morning visit to the Roman Baths, we’ll visit the museum at No. 1 Royal Crescent. The afternoon will then be yours to explore the city for yourself. You could enjoy a bit of ‘me time’ at Thermae Bath Spa (Britain’s only thermal spa), and bathe in mineral-rich waters while scanning the skyline from the rooftop pool – or, if you’d prefer to explore on foot, you could discover Bath’s proud independent side as you wander past stylish boutiques and celebrated coffee shops. At our last dinner together, we’ll swap stories and look back on our English journey with fond memories. Accommodation: The Abbey Hotel (or similar)
Day 6 - Bath – Longleat House – Avebury – London
The current seat of the Marquess of Bath, the impressive Longleat House blends classic architecture with creative interiors – and it’s here that we’ll start the day. We’ll have plenty of time to explore before we move on to Avebury, an immense stone circle set within an ancient landscape of enigmatic monuments, tombs and roads. While Stonehenge attracts tourists from around the world and does not permit close access, at Avebury we’ll have the opportunity to walk freely among the standing stones. Steeped in mystery, this prehistoric stone circle is a fascinating sight – and makes for a tremendous final stop. Later this afternoon, our trip will come to a close back in London.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 05 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.