Ethiopia Simien Mountains and Beyond
From 23/09/2024 to 15/12/2025
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Mon 23 2024 to Oct Wed 09 2024AvailableFrom$5,870*
Oct Mon 21 2024 to Nov Wed 06 2024AvailableFrom$5,870*
Dec Mon 02 2024 to Dec Wed 18 2024AvailableFrom$5,870*
Jan Fri 10 2025 to Jan Fri 24 2025AvailableFrom$6,160*
Feb Wed 05 2025 to Feb Wed 19 2025AvailableFrom$6,160*
Trek the spectacular Simien Mountain escarpments.
Spot unique wildlife such as the Walia Ibex and Gelada Baboon.
Soak up the views from the summit of Ras Dashen (4533m).
Discover the medieval castles in the Royal Enclosure in Gondar.
Marvel at the monolithic rock-hewn churches of Lalibela.
Cruise to the island monastery Ura Kidane Mehret on Lake Tana and Blue Nile Falls.
Explore the capital, Addis Ababa.
14 breakfasts, 13 lunches and 14 dinners1 night in 3 star hotel in Addis and 6 nights in best available hotels elsewhere on a twinshare basis7 nights fully supported camping on a twinshare tent basisgroup camping equipment including tent, mattress and pillow (sleeping bag not included)local guides for each sectionwestern escort to assist local guidescook, camp assistants, mules and muleteers on trekboat trip on Lake Tanasite entrance and national park feesprivate road transportWorld Expeditions does not require single travellers to pay a surcharge for travelling alone.
We will arrange for you to share accommodation with another traveller of the same gender and if we cannot match you up we will provide a single room at no extra charge.
If you prefer not to share a single supplement is payable to guarantee your own room.
Please refer to our website for the additional cost.
All accommodation is on a twin share basis, unless single rooms and tents are requested and paid for in advance.
While trekking, you will be sleeping in twin share tents.
There will be communal dining and your trek crew will cook all meals.
Toilet tents are not provided.
All the campsites have officially built long drop toilets.
All group camping equipment is provided including tents, camping mattresses and camping pillows.
Sleeping bags and kit bags are NOT provided.
We strongly recommend bringing your own sleeping bag rated to at least -5oC as it gets very cold in the Highlands.
These can be hired if absolutely necessary (additional cost applies) if requested at least 1 month in advance.
Availability cannot be guaranteed.
Please ask your consultant for details.
PLEASE NOTE:- If you wish to have your own room in hotels and/or your own tent, we must be notified before your departure and a single supplement will be charged.
Otherwise, you will be matched up with someone of the same gender for the duration of the trip.
We highly recommend you bring biodegradable soaps and shampoos (try your local health food shop for supplies).
Please do not put soap directly into any water sources.
All hotel rooms have ensuite bathroom.
In Addis Ababa we use a 3-4 star hotel.
Outside of the capital the accommodation can be basic.
We will use the best available properties in these instances.
In Ethiopia, power cuts can occur at any time and hot water supply can be erratic.
Ethiopia is a poor country, where infrastructure is very basic.
Tourist infrastructure is adequate but the standards you receive will not compare with the west.
For example, hotels may be overbooked, hot water might not be available at all times, food may be basic and our eager staff will not have the same experience as our staff in other parts of the world, simply due to the fact that tourism is still in its infancy in Ethiopia.
Please bear this in mind, Ethiopia is without a doubt one of the most amazing destinations but be prepared for the unexpected.
Group Size: 6 - 12.
Ethiopia has a fascinating history and is home to many unknown treasures and dramatic landscapes. The Simien Mountains of Ethiopia offer superb wilderness trekking with stunning scenery, enormous cliffs and escarpments and the chance to spot unique wildlife such as the Walia Ibex and Gelada Baboon. On our specially designed itinerary we steadily ascend the escarpment trails to the upper flanks of the Simien Mountains. Establishing our campsites on the volcanic plateau our sense of isolation is complete. The thin cool air is punctuated with the calls of rare wildlife, while below the forested gorges merge with the undulating farming lands that stretch across the vast catchment of the Blue Nile. We combine this exceptional trek with a journey across a land dotted with rock-hewn churches, medieval castles and ancient obelisks reflecting a culture dating back more than 3000 years.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans