Americas Great Desert National Parks End Tucson
From 10/01/2021 to 14/12/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jan Sun 10 2021 to Jan Tue 19 2021Sold OutFrom$4,050*
Jan Sun 24 2021 to Feb Tue 02 2021Sold OutFrom$4,605*
Feb Sun 21 2021 to Mar Tue 02 2021Sold OutFrom$4,605*
Feb Sun 28 2021 to Mar Tue 09 2021AvailableFrom$4,742*
Mar Sun 14 2021 to Mar Tue 23 2021AvailableFrom$4,742*
Mar Sun 28 2021 to Apr Tue 06 2021AvailableFrom$4,742*
Oct Sun 17 2021 to Oct Tue 26 2021AvailableFrom$4,742*
4 dinners (including Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and local charges included.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
VIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Arrive Las Vegas America's captivating desert landscapes take centre stage on this epic journey which begins in the playground of Las Vegas. Relax after your journey or tame Lady Luck. This evening, meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and then soar 550 feet above the center of the Las Vegas Strip on the High Roller, the world's tallest observation wheel, for sweeping 360-degree views of the Las Vegas Valley and The Strip.
Day 2 - Red Rock Canyon - Death Valley National Park (2 Nights) Admire the towering red cliffs and sandstone peaks of the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area this morning. Keep a keen eye out for its highest peak, La Madre Mountain, before continuing to Death Valley, on of the largest national parks in the USA. Aptly named for its unforgiving landscapes, Death Valley is a stunningly beautiful land of extremes. Join your travel companions for dinner with wine, before settling into your oasis hotel, located within the borders of the national park.
Day 3 - Death Valley National Park Sightseeing Immerse yourself in the solitude and desolation of Death Valley on a guided tour of the park's most famous sites including Zabriskie Point, and of course Badwater Basin and its massive salt flats - the lowest point below sea level in the western hemisphere. Today will be a photographer's dream so bring your cameras. Free time this afternoon to enjoy our desert oasis and relax at one of the most remarkable spring fed swimming pools in the world.
Day 4 - Death Valley - Palm Springs (3 Nights) Heading south today you leave Death Valley and travel along the Mojave National Preserve, visit the desert Ghost Town of Calico. Our destination tonight is gorgeous Palm Springs in the Coachella Valley. Tonight, you'll have a your choice dining experience at one of three local restaurants.
Day 5 - Palm Springs Free Time and Sightseeing Start your morning with a celebrity and lifestyle tour of Palm Springs shedding light on the city's unique mid-century architecture, featuring an amazing collection of custom homes. This afternoon, join a ride on the Palm Springs' Aerial Tramway and walk along the top of the mountain, with spectacular views of the valley. Then, don't miss VillageFest in downtown Palm Springs this evening. A festive pedestrian street fair is located just across the street from the hotel.
Day 6 - Joshua Tree National Park - Free Time See the peculiar outstretched boughs of the Joshua Tree when you explore the national park that bears the name of this unusual-looking desert plant. Learn how the Mojave and Colorado desert ecosystems come together here and keep an eye out for the incredible variety of plants and animals that find sanctuary in its vast protected wilderness. You'll have some free time at the resort this afternoon to soothe body and mind at the Spa before an evening at leisure.
Day 7 - Palm Springs - Yuma This morning, visit Salvation Mountain, a hillside visionary environment created by local resident, Leonard Knight, whose passion has lovingly created this brilliant "outsider art" masterpiece resplendent with flowers, trees, waterfalls, suns, bluebirds and many other fascinating and colorful objects. Travel on through the Coachella Valley and past the Salton Sea, before heading through the shifting patterns of the stunning Imperial Sand Dunes. 'Connect With Locals' at the Imperial Date Gardens in the Bard Valley, and you'll enjoy an exclusive 'Be My Guest' dinner where Medjool dates are the star of the show, all washed down with date beer, of course.
Day 8 - Sonoran Desert National Monument - Tucson (2 Nights) Spot the saguaros as you travel through the Sonoran Desert National Monument. Touted as the most biologically diverse of all North America's deserts, the Sonoran Desert is also home to an array of significant archaeological and historic sites. Our next stop is Tucson, a culturally diverse town surrounded by mountains, which holds the distinction of being a UNESCO City of Gastronomy. Indulge in desert flavours during an unforgettable guided Gastronomy Tasting Tour before enjoying the evening at leisure.
Day 9 - Saguaro National Park and Kartchner Caverns State Park Celebrate the symbol of America's west. The giant saguaro is America's largest species of cacti and you'll learn how this national park strives to protect this majestic plant. We trade the desert for caverns during our visit to Kartchner Caverns State Park with its colossal and colourful cave formations. Tonight, savour a Farewell Dinner followed by an evening with the stars. Gaze up at the Arizona skies and embark on an exclusive tour of the universe with a professional astronomer and a telescope that's all yours for the night.
Day 10 - Depart Tucson Our journey through desert landscapes is at its end as you take a transfer to Tucson Airport. Sightseeing Highlights SCENIC DRIVE VIEW VISIT Las Vegas, Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, Death Valley National Park, Palm Springs, Joshua Tree National Park, Coachella Valley, Yuma, Tucson, Kartchner Caverns State Park.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 October 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.