Outback Australia - The Colour of Red
From 14/08/2021 to 29/09/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Aug Sat 14 2021 to Aug Wed 18 2021On RequestFrom$3,462*
Sep Sat 11 2021 to Sep Wed 15 2021Sold OutFrom$3,462*
Sep Sat 25 2021 to Sep Wed 29 2021Sold OutFrom$3,462*
SCENIC DRIVE along the four-wheel-drive Giles Track to Alice SpringsVIEW sunrise and sunset at Uluru, West MacDonnell RangesVISIT Uluru, Kata Tjuta, Simpsons Gap, Kings Canyon, Overland Telegraph StationConnect With Locals Join your Alice Springs hosts for a 'Be My Guest' barbecue around a campfire, as the Milky Way lights up the sky (Day 4).
Dive Into Culture Explore the foundations of life and society of the local Aboriginal people in Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park.
Learn about the spiritual connection the local Anangu caretakers have with the land at Uluru (Days 1 & 2).
Make A Difference You'll explore Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park and discover how your visit helps support not only the environment, but the traditions of the native Mutitjuli community (Days 1 and 2).
Stays With Stories Discover the stunning heart of the Red Centre from Sails in the Desert, Ayers Rock.
Revealing natural beauty of this unique landscape, the hotels offers incredible views of towering gums, flowering native shrubs and flowing red dunes.
4 breakfasts2 lunches3 dinners (including Connect with Locals)Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-StaysAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights.
Day 1 - Feel the stirring of something bigger than you as you arrive in Ayers Rock Resort (flights to arrive prior to 2pm), only 20 km from magical, mystical Uluru and the launchpad to Australia's spiritual heart in the Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. This afternoon, you'll travel to Uluru as the day fades away, the outback sun bidding a fiery farewell. Uluru towers over the Northern Territory's remote landscape, the perfect backdrop for this evening's Welcome Reception.
Day 2 - Wake early, taking time to pause and contemplate the mesmerising sunrise over the desert terrain of Kata Tjuta and Uluru, observing the shifting lights and play of colours of the impressive Field of Light art installation as the desert awakens. 'Dive Into Culture' and learn about the spiritual connection local Anangu caretakers have with the land. Skirt the red cliffs of Uluru, hear ancient tales and see rock art, then visit Mutitjulu Waterhole, one of Uluru's natural wonders, where you'll revel in the stillness of this spiritual place, hoping to spot its resident wallabies, honeyeaters and thorny devils. Later, relax by the resort pool or take to the skies on an Optional Experience to see Uluru from above, a real bird's eye view of Australia's most impressive landmark. Take an afternoon walk through Walpa Gorge, delighting in the desert plants, animals and seasonal streams protected within the sheer walls of this ancient ravine - a refuge for the region's beloved wallabies. The evening is at leisure, so why not take the opportunity to enjoy dinner at one of the resort's restaurants?
Day 3 - Leaving Uluru behind, we'll wander across desert landscapes arriving at Kings Creek Station, a vast farming property, just in time for lunch. 'Dive Into Culture' visiting the small Aboriginal community of Wanmarra and learn about the Luritja and Pertame people's spiritual connection to the land. Discover bush tucker (Aboriginal bush food) and natural bush medicine used for spiritual and physical healing. The flickering glow of this evening's fire, dancing under the canopy of a starry Southern Hemisphere sky, is the perfect accompaniment to your Regional 'Under a Desert Moon' Meal. This degustation menu with matching wines is the perfect end to the day. Sit back and listen to the sounds of the outback come alive at night in the company of new friends.
Day 4 - Gaze across the deep chasm at the edge of Kings Canyon as you embark on the spellbinding 6 km sunrise Rim Walk, past the sandstone domes of the 'Lost City' and down the stairs to the lush 'Garden of Eden'. Or you can opt for a gentler stroll along the canyon creek bed, treading in the footsteps of the Luritja people who once found sanctuary amidst the Itara trees at the base of the canyon. Then we head off road along the four-wheel-drive Giles Track to Alice Springs. 'Connect With Locals' this evening at an open-air 'Be My Guest' experience, enjoying dinner with your hosts around a campfire under the Southern Hemisphere's Milky Way.
Day 5 - This epic adventure is almost at its end, but not before you spend some time in the rugged and remote West MacDonnell Ranges, extraordinary for their immensity and array of sunburnt oranges, maroons and purples. Take a walk through the dramatic Simpsons Gap, walk through the towering cliffs to the waterhole, keeping an eye out for black-footed rock wallabies, and visit the historic Overland Telegraph Station, connecting Australia's north and south - with a single wire. Delve into this engineering feat of 19th century Australia which linked thousands of miles of undiscovered territory to the rest of the world. and soak up spectacular views across Alice Springs from Anzac Hill. Your journey comes to an end later this morning (flights to depart after 12.30pm).
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 August 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 28 July 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans