11 Night South to West Gourmet Rail Journey
The accommodationAdelaide Hills 1 night accommodation at the 4-star The Manna by Haus in a Superior Room. Barossa Valley 2 nights accommodation at the 4-star Barossa Shiraz Estate in a Residence Cottage including breakfast daily. Clare 1 night accommodation at the 4-star Clare Country Club in a Executive Room. Adelaide 1 night accommodation at the 4.5-star Avani Adelaide Residences in a Avani Studio Room. Indian Pacific 2 nights accommodation onboard the Indian Pacific, Gold Service, Twin Cabin from Adelaide to Perth. Perth 2 nights accommodation at the 4.5-star Fraser Suites Perth in a Studio Deluxe. Margaret River 2 nights accommodation at the 4.5-star Eight Willows Retreat in a 1 Bedroom King. South to West Gourmet Rail Journey. Day 1 Adelaide to Adelaide Hills (31km)
Drive approximately half an hour to the Adelaide Hills, through charming towns, to discover over 60 award-winning cellar doors at your disposal. Sample some of Australia's best cool-climate wines, food and produce as you explore this beautiful part of the world. Explore the town of Hahndorf, Australia's oldest surviving German settlement, to discover heritage German buildings, pubs and cafes lining the streets of the village. Stop into the Hahndorf Inn for a traditional German feast, or Ambleside Distillers and taste their handcrafted signature gins, overlooking the picturesque botanical gardens.
Stay 1 night in Adelaide HillsDay 2 - 3 Adelaide Hills to Barossa Valley (39km)
Spend the next two nights in one of the world's best wine regions, the Barossa Valley, with over 80 cellar doors, home to some of the most awarded wines in the world, including the most iconic winery Seppeltsfield. There are many fine wineries to choose from, so plan ahead to select the wineries you want to visit, or leave the car at your hotel, and join a tour that will take you to some of the best wineries around.
Visit the Barossa Farmers Markets, held weekly on a Saturday, to sample fresh local produce, award-winning cheese or a variety of delicious wines. Be sure to stop into Maggie Beer Farm Eatery for a tasty quintessential South Australian treat, or Jacob's Creek Visitor Centre, where you can make your own blend, or join a gourmet cooking and wine masterclass.
Stay 2 nights in Barossa ValleyDay 4 Barossa Valley to Clare Valley (108km)
Take a slight detour to visit Lake Bumbunga to see the lake change colours from pink, to white, to blue, depending on the salinity of the water throughout the year. As you reach Clare Valley, discover over 40 wineries and vineyards scattered throughout the region, with it's signature Riesling, being among the best in the world. Explore the heritage towns of Burra, Sevenhill, Watervale and Mintaro, each boasting its own unique charm. Step back in time and explore Martindale Hall, a living museum and one of Australia's prettiest country mansions. Stop for lunch at Skillogalee, an historic settler's cottage, surrounded by beautiful gardens, or the rustic and charming Terroir Auburn with its Parisian feel, built circa in the 1860s.
Stay 1 night in Clare ValleyDay 5 Clare Valley to Adelaide (143km)
Head back into Adelaide for your last night. Adelaide is bursting at the seams with culture, events, flavour, and entertainment, with an evolving small-bar scene, world-class art and music. Check-out the food scene at the undercover Adelaide Central Market, which boasts artisan cheese, fresh local produce, and smoked meats and seafood, where you can stock up and take home with you.
Stay 1 night in AdelaideDay 6 Adelaide to Nullarbor Plain (Indian Pacific)
Indian Pacific guests heading west from Adelaide to Perth will celebrate the start of their journey with the 'Flavours of South Australia Welcome Dinner', held at the Adelaide Parklands Terminal. A showcase of fabulous food and world-class wine, this complimentary pre-boarding event delivers the best bottles from around SA and sublime regional offerings from both land and sea.Day 7 Nullarbor Plain (Indian Pacific)
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast with expansive desert views, followed by a stop at the outback ghost town of Cook. A spectacular dinner under the stars awaits at Rawlinna (seasonal), the Nullarbor outpost that borders a 'little' sheep station of a mere 8,000 square kilometres.Day 8 Nullarbor Plain to Perth (Indian Pacific)
After a restful sleep, sit down for breakfast as the picturesque rolling hills of the Avon Valley pass you by. Perth is your final destination, arriving mid-afternoon.
Perth is Australia's sunniest capital, where white sandy beaches and raw natural beauty meets the city streets which are filled with curated street art, small bars, and innovative restaurants. Take a stroll along Kings Park and Botanic Garden, one of the biggest city parks in the world, with views of the Swan and Canning rivers, and the spire-like skyscrapers perched on their river banks.
Stay 2 nights in PerthDay 9 Perth to Rottnest Island
Today explore the beauty and tranquility of Rottnest as you sit back and relax in the comfort of an air conditioned coach. This 90-minute tour around the island takes you out to some of Rottnests most spectacular locations including the Wadjemup Lighthouse and the rugged West End and provides you with a complete interpretation of the island through your passionate and knowledgeable guide.
This tour will provide you with an insight into Rottnest's cultural and historical heritage, diverse wildlife and fauna and social heritage. You will also have a chance to step outside and have a stroll along the boardwalk at the majestic look-out point at West End.Day 10 Perth to Margaret River (273 km)
This morning pick up your car and make your way to Margaret River. Stop at many of the wineries, breweries and gourmet providore stores dotted along the way. The region has over 100 wineries producing top drops, such as cabernet sauvignon, chardonnay, and sauvignon blanc, and plenty of breweries and distilleries to quench your thirst. Take a stroll along high street in Margaret River town and browse the boutique stores, sample tasty delights at any of the providore stores, or dine at any of the cafes or restaurants. You may like to pack a picnic with local produce you have gathered and head down to the river or ocean to enjoy the views.Day 11 Margaret River
Today enjoy a tour to Voyager Estate - an elevated tasting experience of Margaret Rivers key varietals, Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon. In 1965, Margaret River was compared to the famed Bordeaux region, with an agricultural report suggesting it was well suited for premium wines, particularly age-worthy reds. The rest is history.
Start your tour in the Wine Room as you taste through Voyager Estate's latest releases and museum vintages and learn more about Voyagers winemaking philosophies. You will enjoy this guided tasting with a member of the knowledgeable Wine Room team, or you may prefer to explore the wines on a self-guided journey. Enjoy a 4-course wine-paired lunch at the Top-5 WA Rated Restaurant onsite. Created by Head Chef, Santiago Fernandez and his team, each dish is inspired by the wines while celebrating pristine local produce.Day 12 Margaret River to Perth (281 km)
Enjoy a leisurely drive back to Perth and plan a rest stop in any of the coastal towns of Busselton, Bunbury or Mandurah. Perth is Australia's sunniest capital, where white sandy beaches and raw natural beauty meets the city streets which are filled with curated street art, small bars, and innovative restaurants. Take a stroll along Kings Park and Botanic Garden, one of the biggest city parks in the world, with views of the Swan and Canning rivers, and the spire-like skyscrapers perched on their river banks.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Full payment is required within 7 days of booking.
- Fare is Non-Refundable and Non-Transferable.
- Not cominable with any other offer.
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels,Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.