New Zealand Adventure, 14 Days
Valid for select departures 3 May - 20 September 2021.
14 day tour departing Auckland to Christchurch.
13 nights accommodation in a Hotel.
Breakfast daily, 2 lunches and 2 dinners.
Services of a Tour Director.
Transport by coach.
WAS $5929*, NOW $5629*, SAVE $300*.
FREE SafetyNet Protection included*: Enjoy more flexibility with your holiday and change or cancel without any fees Terms & Conditions apply.
Day 1 Auckland. Welcome to Auckland Please schedule flights to arrive by 2pm in time for a welcome meeting and drink at the All Blacks Experience.
Day 2 Auckland to Rotorua. Travel through the green rolling pasturelands of New Zealand to the geothermal and Maori centre of New Zealand. Experience an intimate look into the day-to-day life at Whakarewarewa Living Maori village. Your Local Guide will educate and delight you with stories of the Village and valley. Take a walk on the boardwalks to see boiling hot pools and bubbling mud and learn how the residents use the natural geothermal energy for everyday use. Experience traditional dances and songs, including the legendary "Haka". The remainder of the day is at leisure. This evening, why not enjoy a walk amongst the majestic and magic redwoods on the Rotorua Tree Top Walk?
Day 3 Rotorua. Start your day learning about the wild herbs used by the local Maori and then enjoy a cooking demonstration. The rest of the day is yours to explore on your own. You may want to visit the Polynesian Spa for a relaxing treatment, enjoy views of Lake Rotorua from a zip line, hire a bike and explore the network of local trails, see the lake district on a genuine WWII amphibious landing craft, or get a bird's eye view of volcanoes, craters, and lakes on a scenic flight.
Day 4 Rotorua to Lake Taupo to Wellington. Travel south today to Lake Taupo, New Zealand's largest lake. Enjoy a kayak tour past steep cliffs and inlets before viewing 12 metre-high ancient Maori rock carvings. Your guide will explain the carving's cultural significance to the lake and surrounding areas as you float beneath them. Continue to Wellington where this evening you'll participate in a fun progressive dinner.
Day 5 Wellington to Picton to Nelson. See the highlights of Wellington this morning on a city tour before boarding a ferry for the scenic journey across the Cook Strait to the South Island. Continue to Nelson, known as "Sunny Nelson" due to its fantastic climate. There's time for an orientation tour and a cider and wine tasting at McCashins Brewery before arriving at your hotel. This evening, why not opt to explore the thriving art and craft scene, stroll through one of the many gardens and parks, or try some of the fresh local cuisine.
Day 6 Nelson. Enjoy a day at leisure in this spectacular part of New Zealand. You may choose to take an optional excursion and explore the Farewell Split with its dramatic coastal cliffs, abundant wildlife, historic lighthouse, and stunning views. Other options include kayaking in nearby Abel Tasman National Park, browsing local art galleries, taking in some of the region's stunning scenery on a bicycle tour, or discovering local specialties including craft beers, wine, fruits and seafood. Your Tour Director will have suggestions to make the most of your stay.
Day 7 Nelson to Greymouth. Travel to Greymouth, a former gold rush town on the west coast. This afternoon, enjoy a private jade carving demonstration with a traditional carver. The remainder of the day is at leisure. You may wish to tour Monteith's Brewery, get some exercise on the Enchanted Forest Quad bike tour, or visit the unique glowworm caves.
Day 8 Greymouth to Franz Josef. This morning, enjoy the breathtaking views from the Westcoast Treetops Walk where you will walk among these rainforest giants. Next, explore the spectacular UNESCO World Heritage area of Franz Josef. A Glacier Valley walk will take you up alongside the mighty Waiho River bed, following the glacier's path of retreat in this remarkable landscape. Here you will learn about the glacier's history, see what is left behind by this majestic giant, and learn the legend of Ka Roimate o Hine Hukatere. After a brief climb, you will be rewarded with spectacular views of the changing face of the glacier. The remainder of the day is at your leisure. You may opt to take a kayak tour, explore more walking tracks on your own, take a scenic flightseeing or helicopter tour, spend time at the West Coast Wildlife Centre, or relax in one of the glacier hot pools.
Day 9 Franz Josef to Wanaka to Queenstown. Today, journey through rainforests and over Haast Pass. Stop in the resort town of Wanaka and visit the Cardrona Distillery, maker of fine spirits, for a tour, tasting, and nibbles. Arrive in Queenstown for an orientation tour. Your evening is at leisure to explore more on your own. Why not take the gondola to the top of Bob's Peak for some of the best stargazing?
Day 10 Queenstown. Enjoy a day at leisure. Options for your free time include an exciting jet boat ride on the Dart River, a self-guided cycling tour, see movie locations on a Lord of the Rings tour, grab a burger at the famous Fergburger, sample some of the region's best wines, go to new heights on a scenic helicopter flight, or browse the many shops and art galleries in town.
Day 11 Queenstown to Doubtful Sound to Te Anau. Leaving Queenstown, head into the best kept secret in New Zealand, Doubtful Sound. Experience a journey, which rivals Milford in spectacular beauty but remains completely uncongested. Join a cruise along the fiords and marvel at the waterfalls, the beauty of the surrounds, and a chance to see wildlife such as dolphins, seals, and penguins. In the afternoon, return to Te Anau for an evening at leisure.
Day 12 Te Anau to Gore to Dunedin. En route to Dunedin, the "Edinburgh of the South", visit the enticing Hokonui Maonshine Museum to learn the colourful history of illicit whiskey making and how kiwi ingenuity often foiled the customs men. Arrive in Dunedin and enjoy a city sightseeing tour followed by a tasting at the famous Speights Brewery. The remainder of the day is at leisure. You may opt to visit Larnach Castle & Gardens, the Settlers Museum, or spend time at the Royal Albatross Centre.
Day 13 Dunedin to Oamaru to Lake Tekapo. This morning, enjoy a wildlife cruise along the rugged coastline. Learn about the local wildlife, history, and geology. Keep your eyes open for fur seals, hector's dolphins, blue penguins, and ocean birds including the royal albatross. Stop in Oamaru with free time to explore the Victorian heritage and experience the quirky Steampunk attractions. Next, enjoy a guided tour with tasting at Whitestone Cheese, specialising in handcrafted artisan cheeses. This evening, join your Tour Director for a farewell dinner under the sweeping southern night sky.
Day 14 Lake Tekapo to Christchurch. This morning, you may wish to take the Lake Tekapo walk to admire the views of the lakefront and the picturesque, Church of the Good Shepherd. Continue to Christchurch. The coach will make a stop at the Christchurch International Airport for homebound passengers. Schedule flights after 2pm. A stop will also be made at the Ibis Christchurch Hotel for any guests wishing to extend their time in Christchurch. Hotel nights are available for purchase.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Please be aware that during these evolving times of the COVID-19 pandemic all Hotels, Resorts and Tours advertised will be subject to availability and re-opening schedule changes.
- *SafetyNet Protection: Cancel your 2021 Globus or Cosmos Australia or New Zealand tour with no penalties up to 30 days prior to travel, or transfer your tour to another date with only 24 hours' notice. Free SafetyNet is only available on new bookings, cannot be added retrospectively or applied to a transferred booking credit.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.