Vancouver Island Winter Adventure
From 09/03/2021 to 17/04/2021
Get active out of Comox with an included snowshoeing adventure around the slopes of the mighty Mt Washington.
Your personal guide will keep you safe and show you the best vantage points on the mountain.
Get acquainted with the streets of charming Victoria on a leader-led orientation walk, then try your hand spotting the residents of the sea with some sunset whale watching.
With plenty of free time scheduled in Comox and Nanaimo, you have the power to choose your next activity.
Kayaking adventures, hikes along rapids, brewery or distillery visits? It’s totally up to you.
Before you wrap up, take a walk with your leader and fellow travellers around the beautiful natural haven of Stanley Park, located right near the centre of Vancouver’s CBD.
Part of the stresses of a holiday comes with booking all your transfers.
Luckily for you, the ferry and private vehicle transport has been arranged, so you can just sit back and soak in the views.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 1.
Hotel (4 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 4 - 12.
Victoria - Sunset Whale Watching Excursion.
Victoria - Leader-led orientation walk.
Victoria - Heritage Acres Museum (entrance).
Comox - Leader-led city tour.
Mount Washington - Leader-led snowshoeing.
Vancouver - Leader-led Stanley Park Walking Tour.
Day 1 - Vancouver / Victoria Welcome to Canada! You’ll be meeting your group leader and travel crew nice and early at Granville Square (located right by Waterfront Station) Vancouver 8:30 am, so don’t be late. Here, take part in an all-important welcome meeting to brief you on what’s to come. Afterwards, transfer by private vehicle away from Vancouver to catch the 10 am ferry from Tssawwassen Terminal to Swartz Bay on Vancouver Island (approximately 1.5 hours). On arrival, take the short drive to Victoria, grab yourself some lunch, then embark on a leader-led orientation walk around the city to get a feel of the place. You’ve got a fair chunk of the afternoon to explore at leisure, then later in the day, meet up with your travel group for a spot of sunset whale watching. Today is all about introductions, so you might want to head out for dinner together, if that takes your fancy. Be sure to ask your leader for their recommendations.
Day 2 - Comox After an included breakfast, take it easy in the morning before getting on the road around 10 am. The group will make its way to the Heritage Acres – a historical society with 29 acres and over 30,000 artefacts to explore in indoor and outdoor exhibitions. Depending on the time of the year, you might even try out their miniature railway! Continue driving up the north for around 3 hours until you hit Comox – a small town lying on the Georgia Strait. Depending on how many kilometres you cover, there will either be a stop for lunch on the way, or on arrival. This afternoon, your leader will show you the ropes in Comox and neighbouring Courtenay, plus give you some tips on how you might like to spend your free evening.
Day 3 - Mount Washington / Comox Enjoy some breakfast, then head off to the mighty Mt Washington. This picture-perfect example of North America’s snow-capped mountains is a popular ski resort on the island. Today, you’ll head off on a 2-hour snowshoeing adventure, discovering the best of the mountain and taking some epic panoramic shots along the way. Fingers crossed for a bluebird day! Afterwards, join your leader at a local café for an included lunch before heading back to your hotel in Comox. With a free afternoon and evening, you might like to simply sit back and relax at your accommodation, or instead explore the area. There’s the chance to head out of town and book in on a Nymph Falls Nature Park tour, if you wish. Appreciate the diversity of forestry around, and admire the spectacular rapids that fall over a series of ledges along the Puntledge River. Otherwise, you could check out Goose Spit Park on your own, then head across to Fishermans Wharf Boardwalk for a night at one of bars, restaurants or breweries nearby.
Day 4 - Nanaimo This morning is as clear as the brisk Vancouver Island air – you’re welcome to continue exploring by yourself or with a couple of your newfound travel pals. After lunch, head south in a private vehicle to Nanaimo – a port city on Vancouver Island’s east coast (approximately 1.5 hours). With a free afternoon to discover the abundance of things on offer here, it’s best you choose your own adventure. How about a coastal walk to Neck Point Park? Or else, head to the Nanaimo Museum to learn more about First Nations history and significance in this region. If you’re feeling more active, embark on an optional cave tour or kayaking experience – speak to your leader about the ins and outs of the tours, plus how to book. Tonight, consider getting together as a group and raising a toast to your time on Vancouver Island – it’s definitely cause for celebration.
Day 5 - Vancouver This morning, jump on a ferry in Nanaimo bound for Horseshoe Bay near Vancouver (approximately 1.5 hours). Before heading back into the city, you’ll have time to buy your own lunch and visit Stanley Park with your leader. This wooded natural area sits out in the bay right near Vancouver’s CBD and provides an ideal place to stretch your legs and discover one of this city’s natural attractions. With a couple of hours spent here, you might have time to walk past all the hotspots, like the Totem Poles and Vancouver Seawall. Continue your return journey, arriving by approximately 4 pm. On arrival, you are free to continue your own Canadian adventure, or begin your journey home.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 20 January 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.