Kent: the Garden of England
Departure dates & prices
Mar Sat 26 2022 to Apr Fri 01 2022From$3,919*
Apr Sat 23 2022 to Apr Fri 29 2022From$3,919*
May Sat 07 2022 to May Fri 13 2022From$3,919*
May Sat 14 2022 to May Fri 20 2022From$3,919*
May Sat 21 2022 to May Fri 27 2022From$4,119*
Jun Sat 04 2022 to Jun Fri 10 2022From$4,049*
Jun Sat 18 2022 to Jun Fri 24 2022From$4,049*
Jul Sat 09 2022 to Jul Fri 15 2022From$4,049*
Jul Sat 23 2022 to Jul Fri 29 2022From$4,049*
Aug Sat 13 2022 to Aug Fri 19 2022From$4,049*
Aug Sat 27 2022 to Sep Fri 02 2022From$4,049*
Sep Sat 03 2022 to Sep Fri 09 2022From$4,049*
Sep Sat 10 2022 to Sep Fri 16 2022From$4,049*
Sep Sat 17 2022 to Sep Fri 23 2022From$3,919*
Day 1 - London
A capital filled with rich history and culture, London is where we'll meet for the start of our incredible journey. Tonight, we'll get to know one another over a delicious welcome dinner. Accommodation: Wellington by Blue Orchid (or similar)
Day 2 - London – Chartwell House – Sissinghurst – Canterbury
After breakfast, we’ll set a course for our first historic stop: Chartwell House. Many of us will know the public face of Sir Winston Churchill, but a chance to see inside Chartwell will give us a glimpse into his private home. From the library to the sitting room and study, this red stone manor is a time capsule brimming with insights into 1930s family life. Next, we’ll set our sights on the world-renowned Sissinghurst Castle and Gardens. Created by the poet and writer, Vita Sackville-West, this is one of the most famous gardens in England – featuring a particularly special collection of old garden roses. After enjoying some free time to stroll the colourful grounds, we’ll move on to Canterbury – where we’ll spend the evening at our leisure. Accommodation: Abode Hotel (or similar)
Day 3 - Canterbury – Kent Countryside and Coast – Maidstone
Our day will begin with a locally guided visit to the magnificent Canterbury Cathedral. The oldest working church in England, this UNESCO World Heritage Site is home to medieval ruins, an oak-roofed Chapter House and a staggering gothic nave. Then: we’ll move on to the picturesque Kent countryside – filled with quaint villages bursting with character and unspoilt coastal vistas. Tonight, we’ll come together for a delicious included meal – sharing photos and stories of the day’s adventures. Accommodation: Leeds Castle (or similar)
Day 4 - Maidstone – Faversham – Whitstable – Maidstone
This morning we’ll take some time to explore Leeds Castle on a guided tour of the famous moat, the areas below stairs and the grand bedrooms (some of which were favoured by King Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson during their frequent stays). Then: onwards to the Shepherd Neame Brewery in Faversham, where we’ll be treated to a tour – with the chance to sample some award-winning beers. We’ll round off the day with a seaside stroll in the quaint town of Whitstable before returning to our idyllic accommodation for the evening. Accommodation: Leeds Castle (or similar)
Day 5 - Maidstone – Tenterden – Rye
Next stop: historic Tenterden, a quintessentially English town overlooking the valley of the River Rother. After taking a wander around with our expert Tour Leader, we’ll pull up a chair and get comfy at the Chapel Down winery – where we’ll clink glasses over an included wine tasting. Our final destination of the day will be the charming market town of Rye. Here, we’ll spend the rest of the day at our leisure – with plenty of free time to visit the Rye Heritage Centre and explore the time-honoured town centre. Accommodation: The Mermaid Inn (or similar)
Day 6 - Rye – Dover – Rye
Today we’ll dedicate some time to exploring Rye’s cobbled lanes and timber-clad houses, experiencing some of the magic that inspired writers and artists such as Henry James and Paul Nash. After tracing the shoreline and spotting those famous white cliffs, we’ll arrive at Dover Castle: the gateway to the English coast. This fortress boasts evocative interiors that tell centuries of historic tales, not to mention far-reaching views from the Great Tower and dark medieval tunnels with covert cannons every few paces. The afternoon will see us back in Rye, where some free time will allow for the chance to see more of the town before our farewell dinner. Accommodation: The Mermaid Inn (or similar)
Day 7 - Rye – Hever Castle – London
Our journey may be coming to a close, but we have one more stop before returning to London – the enchanting Hever Castle. We’ll have the opportunity to wander through Anne Boleyn's childhood home and gaze upon the large collection of antique furniture, books and Tudor paintings housed here. Then, we’ll make tracks back to London – where we’ll say our goodbyes.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.