From 15/06/2023 to 05/09/2023
Dive into the contemporary and natural delights of Anchorage during a day tour with your leader, including downtown, Earthquake Park, Point Woronzof and the Alaska Native Heritage Center.
Discover some of the world’s most incredible wildlife on a boat cruise through Kenai Fjords National Park, searching for orcas, humpback whales, sea lions, puffins, eagles and more.
It doesn’t get much more Alaskan than dog sled racing – visit a family-run homestead to learn about the care and training of sled dogs.
Get up close and personal with the epic Exit Glacier in Kenai Fjords National Park, the scale and beauty of which is sure to leave you in awe.
Breakfasts Included: 5.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 2.
Hotel (5 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Anchorage- Alaska Native Heritage Center.
Anchorage - Earthquake Park and Point Woronzof.
Seward - Kenai Fjords Tour.
Seward - Exit Glacier.
Seward - Sled Dogs visit.
Day 1 - Anchorage Welcome to Alaska – the USA’s largest state is big on incredible wildlife and epic scenery. Your adventure starts off in Anchorage. Here you’ll meet your fellow travellers and local leader for a briefing at 5pm. If you arrive with time to spare, why not stop by the Anchorage museum for your first glimpse into the city’s history. After your meeting, get to know your new travel companions and your leader over an included dinner in the town. If you’d like to keep the night going, Anchorage is bursting with exciting bars and pubs plus an active live music scene.
Day 2 - Anchorage This morning you’ll get to know more of the varied city of Anchorage during a tour with your leader. Begin in downtown Anchorage, home to a crop of historic buildings and art deco architecture. Continue to Earthquake Park, commemorating the spot where a neighbourhood was lost to the ocean during an enormous earthquake in 1964. Visit Point Woronzof, where it’s not uncommon to see bald eagles, moose and even beluga whales off the shore, then continue to Lake Hood and Lake Spenard, the world’s busiest seaplane base. Afterwards we visit the Alaska Native Heritage Center for important insight into the life and culture of Alaska Natives. The rest of the afternoon is free for your own discoveries – your leader will be on hand with tips on amazing things to do.
Day 3 - Seward Say goodbye to Anchorage and make the scenic drive towards the coastal city of Seward; your gateway to the Kenai Fjords National Park (approximately 3 hours). The stunning views along the way are worth capturing so don’t worry, there will be plenty of photo stops! Lunch today will be in the tiny town of Moose Pass – with a population of around 200, this is a great example of a typical Alaskan community. Arrive in Seward and enjoy an afternoon at leisure. You may like to visit to the Alaska Sealife Center, a non-profit organisation dedicated to the rehabilitation of Alaska’s marine animals, or perhaps swing by the Seward museum for a spot of history. There are also plenty of great hiking options in the area so be sure to speak to your leader for more information on what’s available.
Day 4 - Seward Today you will venture into the Kenai Fjords National Park on a six-hour boat cruise, past towering peaks, rocky outcrops and pristine glaciers. The national park offers some of the world’s most spectacular wildlife viewing opportunities – if you’re lucky you may spot orcas, humpback whales, sea lions, puffins, eagles and more. Your leader will share information on the brilliant wildlife and landscapes as you take it all in. Enjoy an included lunch on board the boat, then return to the Seward harbour in the afternoon. This evening you may like to head to a local pub with your fellow travellers and reminisce about the day’s sightings.
Day 5 - Seward It’s time for another journey into the Kenai Fjords National Park, today to visit the gigantic Exit Glacier. Here you will take a short and easy 3-kilometre (2-mile) round-trip hike to the glacier lookout, from where you can marvel at its sheer size and blue-tinted beauty. Afterwards, visit a family-run homestead where you’ll learn all about the care and training of sled dogs. Return to Seward for your last opportunity to explore the sights of the city, then regroup in the evening for an included dinner – the perfect chance to relive your adventures with your newfound friends.
Day 6 - Seward to Anchorage After breakfast, you’ll make the drive back to Anchorage (approximately 3 hours), enjoying more magnificent Alaskan scenery on the way. You can expect to arrive back in Anchorage around lunchtime, at which point your adventure comes to an end.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans