Britain and Ireland Grandeur, 20 Days
Valid for select departures September 2021 - October 2022
20 day tour departing London.
19 nights accommodation in hand-selected Hotels.
19 Breakfasts and 8 Dinners.
Connect with Locals: Enjoy a traditional British Be My Guest hosted by a local family in the dining room of either their elegant town house in the city or in their impressive country house overlooking picturesque scenery in the Vale of York (Day 19).
Dive into Culture: Learn how delicate Irish crystal is crafted at the House of Waterford Crystal during a workshop tour (Day 5).
Visit the Guinness Storehouse to see how the world's most famous stout is created then enjoy the distinctive taste of a perfectly chilled pint of Guinness (Day 11).
Visit Falkirk Wheel to learn about Scotland's canal system at the world's only rotating boat lift (Day 14).
Make Travel Matter: In Northern Ireland, where your visit to Giant's Causeway helps conserve this iconic natural landmark (Day 9).
Services of an expert travel director and professional driver.
Transport via luxury, air conditioned coach.
WAS $6379*, NOW $5579*, SAVE $769*.
Day 1 London to Stonehenge to Plymouth. Journey west where you'll ponder the myths of the ancient mystical monoliths at Stonehenge which remain largely unsolved to to this day. Continuing through Devon, arrive in the historic naval port of Plymouth, your home for the next two nights.
Day 2 Discover the Cornish Peninsula. Embark on an orientation tour and see the Royal Citadel and Mayflower Steps. Explore the Cornish peninsula and visit the seaside villages of Looe and Polperro.
Day 3 Soak up Bath and off to Cardiff. Arriving in Bath, we admire the city's stylish Georgian facades and ancient Roman Baths from which it derives its name. We continue to the vibrant Welsh capital, Cardiff, where we'll have a free evening to enjoy this modern city's proud heritage.
Day 4 Cross the Irish Sea to Waterford. This morning, we explore Cardiff's iconic sights - the Principality Stadium, Millennium Centre and Victorian fantasy castle before crossing the Irish Sea to Waterford, most famous for the delicate crystal that graces elegant homes the world over. This evening we dine in our hotel.
Day 5 Onwards to Blarney and Killarney. Our first stop today is at the House of Waterford Crystal where we Dive Into Culture, watching a demonstration with master craftsmen. In pursuit of the 'gift of the gab', we journey to Blarney Castle where you'll have the chance to kiss the Blarney Stone, before arriving later in picturesque Killarney.
Day 6 A Day on the Ring of Kerry. Ireland's enduring natural beauty accompanies our leisurely drive circling the enchanting Ring of Kerry. We pass the fishing village of Waterville, Moll's Gap and the Black Valley - renowned for being the last place in Ireland without power and telephone networks.
Day 7 Off to Limerick, the Majestic Cliffs of Moher and Galway. We stop in Limerick and view St. Mary's Cathedral, the Treaty Stone and King John's Castle. Our next stop is the magnificent Cliffs of Moher which plunge into the Atlantic, before arriving in Galway, where we'll spend the night.
Day 8 Venture into County Donegal. This morning see the great stone Galway Cathedral and stroll through Eyre Square, a tribute to former US president John F. Kennedy, who visited Galway in 1963. Enjoy an orientation of Sligo on your way to Donegal to see its 15th-century castle and explore the city your way before dining at your hotel.
Day 9 Explore Londonderry, the Giant Causeway and Belfast. We cross the Irish border into Northern Ireland, joining a Local Specialist in Londonderry to stroll along its 17th-century city walls. See the street murals of the Bogside before continuing to the mythical stepping stones of the Giant's Causeway. Our visit to the haunt of Finn McCool will Make Travel Matter by helping conserve this iconic natural landmark. Our final stop today is in Belfast, where we'll enjoy an orientation, followed by free time to explore the capital city's sights.
Day 10 On the road to Dublin. We spend the morning with a Local Specialist 'Cabbie' who will take us on a journey through the recent history of Belfast in their taxi. Heading south to Dublin later, we see St. Patrick's Cathedral and other iconic sights in the company of a Local Specialist. Tonight, consider an Optional Experience to enjoy the rousing sounds and warm hospitality of a traditional Irish Cabaret performance.
Day 11 See the Sights of Dublin. Beat the crowds and gain entry to the Guinness Storehouse before general admission. Here you'll Dive Into Culture and embark on a tour and tasting technique demonstration. The rest of the day is yours to explore the Irish capital. Amble along Grafton Street with its colourful performers, head to Temple Bar or stroll through Phoenix Park, Dublin's playground.
Day 12 Ferry across to Historic Chester and Liverpool. Cross the Irish Sea to Wales and continue to the ancient town of Chester, where your orientation tour will take you past its Roman walls and famous half-timbered Tudor Rows. Later, we head to the haunt of the 'Fab Four', edgy Liverpool, where we'll spend the night.
Day 13 Continue to the Beautiful Lake District. Head north to the idyllic Lake District, which has inspired poets and writers for centuries, and admire the spectacular surrounds of Lake Windermere.
Day 14 Journey North to Glasgow. The runaway wedding capital, Gretna Green is our first stop today, where we'll tread in the footsteps of eloping couples who would take their vows over the Marriage Anvil. We arrive in Glasgow for an orientation tour including views of the Cathedral and magnificent George Square, lined with statues of Great Britain's most celebrated sons. We visit Falkirk Wheel where you'll Dive into Culture learning about the legacy of Scotland's canals and experience the world's only rotating boat lift.
Day 15 Over the Sea to Skye. Journey past the site of the tragic 1692 massacre at Glencoe, known as the 'Glen of the Weeping' and see Britain's highest mountain - Ben Nevis. We'll view the 13th-century Eilean Donan Castle, where three lochs meet, before visiting the Isle of Skye.
Day 16 The Sights of Loch Ness and Culloden in the Scottish Highlands. Travel through the scenic Scottish Highlands via Glen Shiel and along the banks of Loch Ness, home to the mythical monster affectionately known as 'Nessie'. View the site of the bloody Battle of Culloden, where Bonnie Prince Charlie and his army of Jacobites were defeated in 1746.
Day 17 Onwards to Edinburgh. We continue south and stop in Pitlochry before travelling to the historic town of St. Andrews, home to one of the oldest golf courses in the world. We cross the Firth of Forth to the enchanting Scottish capital, Edinburgh, our home for the next two nights. Tickets to see the spectacular Edinburgh Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates.
Day 18 Explore Edinburgh Castle. Join a Local Specialist for a sightseeing tour including a visit to Edinburgh Castle, overlooking the town from Castle Rock. See the Royal Mile, Palace of Holyroodhouse and new Scottish Parliament building.
Day 19 Uncover York Treasures. Visit the medieval market town of Alnwick before stopping in York where we'll embark on an orientation walk along the picturesque Shambles and to York Minster, one of the greatest cathedrals in the world. This evening Connect With Locals over dinner at a Be My Guest experience, a grand private home of a Yorkshire family enjoying traditional flavours and hospitality.
Day 20 Journey to Stratford upon Avon and on to London. Travel to Stratford-upon-Avon to view Anne Hathaway's thatched cottage and visit Shakespeare's Birthplace and Visitor Centre before returning to London.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 24 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans