Timeless Wonders of Vietnam, Cambodia & the Mekong, 13 Days
Day 1 Siem Reap, Cambodia
Arrive at Siem Reap-Angkor International Airport. If your cruise/tour package includes a group arrival transfer or if you have purchased a private arrival transfer, you will be greeted by a Uniworld representative and transferred to your luxury hotel, the Sofitel Angkor Phokeethra Golf & Spa Resort.
Note: For Arrival, Departure and Transfer details, please visit Uniworld.com/transfers. For Port Location details, please visit Uniworld.com/ports.
Day 2 Siem Reap
Today is a bucket list kind of day as you explore the ancient temples of Angkor Wat, a gigantic religious complex that is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Day 3 Siem Reap
Today you will enter the spectacular remnants of Angkor Thom, the royal city. Built during the heyday of the Khmer dynasty in the 12th century, this extraordinary complex of Hindu and Buddhist monuments was once lost to the world for many years, hidden under dense jungle vines.
Day 4 Siem Reap, Transfer to Kampong Cham (Embark)
Today, you'll have free time to explore Siem Reap, a place name that means, literally, "Defeat of Siam"-which tells you something of its history. It is the gateway to Angkor, the legendary archaeological site. Later check out of your hotel and transfer via executive motorcoach to Kampong Cham where you'll embark on the beautiful Mekong Jewel-your elegant home for the next seven nights-and set sail on the beautiful Mekong.
Day 5 Wat Hanchey, Angkor Ban, Phnom Penh
Today is a celebration of Cambodia's bright future. You'll meet young children at a local school and friendly villagers in their homes, and have a rare opportunity to receive an unforgettable water blessing from local Buddhist monks.
Day 6 Phnom Penh
Today, you'll discover the thriving and exotic capital of the Kingdom of Cambodia, Phnom Penh. It stands at the juncture of three captivating rivers and is divided into three districts, the picturesque French colonial area, a handsome residential district and a rapidly changing Old Town. Here, you'll find an alluring riverside esplanade amid numerous bewitching Buddhist temples, palaces and artifacts.
Day 7 Phnom Penh
Today's featured excursion may be the most profound and memorable experience of your entire journey. You'll learn about the infamous Killing Fields of the Khmer Rouge and visit a former school-turned-prison that is now a genocide museum.
Day 8 Cruising the Mekong River, Hong Ngu (Long Khanh A)
You leave Cambodia behind and cross into Vietnam today, delving into a region where traditional and modern lifestyle elements mingle: Agriculture may still reign supreme, but TV satellite dishes dot rooftops of houses built on stilts. You'll visit the local island village of Hong Ngu, a major producer of the traditional Khmer scarves located not far from the Vietnam-Cambodia border. Since they're woven in many homes around the village, you'll have the opportunity to see the process first-hand. You'll also stop at a local temple dedicated to a unique religion founded in this area of Vietnam, Hoa Hoa. And perhaps the most interesting visit of the day? A visit to the local home of a retired VC General.
Day 9 Cu Lao Gieng, Sa Dec
Following breakfast, you'll venture to Gieng Island, where you'll experience how a local family makes incense sticks and the conical hat. Later, your journey continues via sampan, where you'll observe the daily routines of the villagers in Sa Dec and visit a colorful temple, the home of Mr. Huynh Thuy Le.
Day 10 Vinh Long, Tien Loi (Ben Tre), My Tho
Today, you'll witness the hustle and bustle of delta river life as the local traders take their produce to market. After breakfast, you'll board a traditional sampan and explore the narrow canals and backwaters of this famed region. The untouched island of Tien Loi awaits on a unique excursion created exclusively for Uniworld guests, where you can see how local farmers make rooster cages, decorate bonsais in their yards and more.
Day 11 My Tho (Disembark), Transfer to Ho Chi Minh City
Experience how ancient history melds with the boisterous present in Vietnam's largest city, where skyscrapers tower over ancient temples and motorbikes putter along picturesque alleys. This evening, join us onboard the Saigon Princess for dinner and a dance performance with beautiful views of Ho Chi Minh City at night.
Day 12 Ho Chi Minh City
Today's featured excursion provides a fascinating glimpse of the Viet Cong's vast network of incredibly narrow tunnels dating back to the Vietnam War.
Day 13 Depart Ho Chi Minh City
If your cruise/tour package includes a group departure transfer or if you have purchased a private departure transfer, you will be transferred to Tan Son Nhat International Airport for your flight home or continue your tour with an extraordinary optional extension program.
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Note: The itineraries presented are subject to modification due to water levels, closures because of public holidays or other uncontrollable factors. Every effort will be made to operate programs as planned, but changes may still be necessary throughout the cruise. This day-to-day schedule is subject to change. Your final day-to-day schedule will be provided onboard on the first day of your cruise.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.