Falls to Cape - 22 Days
From 2022-12-24 to 2023-07-08
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Dec Sat 24 2022 to Jan Sat 14 2023AvailableFrom$2,685*
Jan Sat 21 2023 to Feb Sat 11 2023AvailableFrom$2,665*
Feb Sat 18 2023 to Mar Sat 11 2023AvailableFrom$2,955*
Mar Sat 18 2023 to Apr Sat 08 2023AvailableFrom$2,955*
Apr Sat 15 2023 to May Sat 06 2023AvailableFrom$2,955*
May Sat 13 2023 to Jun Sat 03 2023AvailableFrom$2,955*
Jun Sat 10 2023 to Jul Sat 01 2023AvailableFrom$2,955*
Jul Sat 08 2023 to Jul Sat 29 2023AvailableFrom$3,175*
Arrival transfer from Vic Falls Airport on day 1.
1st night dorm/camping in Victoria Falls and 2 nights twin share accommodation in Swakopmund and 18 nights camping.
Tents and sleeping mats provided.
19 breakfasts, 16 lunches and 15 dinners.
All camping fees and appropriate equipment.
A fully equipped overland truck for transportation and game drives.
Services of 3 person crew (leader, driver, cook).
Park Entry and Game drive - Etosha NP and Chobe NP.
Park Entry - Victoria Falls NP.
2 day/1 night Okavango Delta Excursion (camping).
Sossusvlei transfer for Desert Walk.
All road taxes and tolls.
Day 1 - Victoria Falls Saturday. Welcome to Victoria Falls! We’ll be there to collect you at Victoria Falls Airport and transfer you to our campsite . Today there will be a pre departure meeting at 17.00 when you will be your fellow travellers and tour leader.
Day 2 - Victoria Falls Today is at leisure for participating in a myriad of optional excursions. Optional excursions include horseback safaris, a visit to the crocodile ranch and boat cruises. Adrenalin junkies can bungee from the Victoria Falls Bridge connecting Zimbabwe and Zambia or abseil down the Batoka Gorge - neither activity is for the faint hearted! All year round, flights in fixed wing, micro light and ultra light aircraft or helicopters provide an incredible aerial view of the falls and white water rafting on the Zambezi is world class!
Day 3-4 - Chobe National Park Victoria Falls - Chobe - Kasane (Botswana). After breakfast we cross into Botswana. After lunch we leave for our Chobe National Park Overnight Mobile excursion in the wilds of the Chobe National Park - one of Botswana’s premier game parks, renowned for its large elephant herds. Spend the afternoon in search of wildlife while we game drive to our camp within the park where we spend the evening surrounded by the night-time noises of the local wildlife.
After our night in the bush, we head out early to continue our search for wildlife, before returning to camp.
Day 5 - Maun Kasane - Maun. Heading out early we continue through Botswana to Maun - our starting point for travel into the Okavango Delta.
Day 6-7 - Okavango Delta Maun - Okavango Delta - Maun. On day 6 we take the included overnight excursion into the Delta. After an early rise, we pack our expedition vehicle and from Maun we drive north for a couple of hours to reach the mokoro poler’s station. Some of the villages are very remote and can only be reached by the traditional mode of transport – the Mokoro (dugout canoe). At the Mokoro station, we meet our ‘Polers’ and pack our supplies before heading out into the waterways. After a couple of hours along the waterways, we arrive at our mobile tented camp situated in the heart of the Okavango.
On arrival you will meet the local staff who will be your host during your stay. Relax in the tent with a cold drink or take a paddle in the Delta in a canoe. The activities at the camp include Mokoro trails and guided walking.
The following morning we return to the mainland and our campsite in Maun and have the chance to complete our picture of the Okavango Delta by taking an optional scenic flight over The Delta (dependent on weather conditions & availability).
Day 8-9 - Ghanzi & Windhoek Maun - Ghanzi - Windhoek (Namibia). On day 8 we head towards the small village of Ghanzi - home to the San Bushman and we can learn more about them by partaking in the Bushman experience offered by the campsite.
On day 9 we drive to Namibia's capital city - Windhoek.
Day 10 - Etosha National Park Windhoek - Etosha. From Windhoek we head to the Etosha National Park arriving about lunchtime, spending the remainder of the day exploring the park’s northern area. Keep an eye out for the striking Oryx and Springbok as these are endemic to desert national parks! After dinner why not head to the waterhole where you can sit and observe the animals may come to drink in the evenings.
Day 11-12 - Etosha NP On day 11 we make our way 150 km across the park for a full day of game viewing, we exit the park through Anderson gate and head to our campsite just 10kms away; perhaps the chance for a quick dip in the pool before dinner, followed by a relaxing evening in this very interesting bar. Day 12's drive takes us further south through the Namibian countryside to our campsite, located in the vicinity of Etosha National Park.
Day 13 - Brandberg Etosha National Park area - Brandberg. Today we head down south to the area of the Brandberg. All depending on the time of arrival we will have the opportunity to explore the area.
Day 14-15 - Swakopmund Brandberg - Spitzkoppe - Swakopmund. We travel to Swakopmund via Spitzkoppe on day 14. The town has excellent coffee shops, restaurants & bars as well as many arts and crafts shops selling Namibian curios. The following day is spent relaxing or participating in a myriad of optional excursions which include sky diving, quad biking, sand boarding, scenic desert flights, dolphin cruises, horse riding - all bookable locally. We spend 2 nights here.
Day 16-17 - Sesriem Swakopmund - Sesriem. Continuing our journey, we enter the Namib-Naukluft Park in one of the oldest deserts in the world. We base ourselves at Sesriem, a great place to experience the Namib and its many moods. A short distance away is Sossusvlei, surrounded by a dramatic sea of sand dunes reputed to be the highest in the world. Magnificent views of the desert can be seen from the top of the dunes, some over 300 m high. We spend the afternoon exploring this amazing area.
Day 18 - Fish River Canyon Sesriem - Fish River Canyon. Departing early we see the sunrise over this beautiful desert area before we leave the serenity of the dunes and head south to Fish River Canyon - the second largest canyon in the world. The outer canyon was formed by tectonic activity, while the erosion of the Fish River formed the inner canyon. A road follows the eastern rim, giving us access to several viewing points from where we can take in the spectacular vistas.
Day 19 - Gariep River Fish River Canyon - Gariep River (South Africa). This morning we continue south, where, after a short drive, we reach the Gariep River (Orange River) - the natural land border between Namibia and South Africa. We camp on the South African bank of the river.
Day 20 - Cederberg Gariep River - Cederberg. This morning we travel south to the mining town of Springbok, and the region known as Namaqualand. We spend tonight in a picturesque campsite surrounded by local wine farms and we have the option to sample some of the nectar of the gods surrounded by the beautiful Cederberg Mountains. Tonight is our last night under the stars.
Day 21 - Cape Town Cederberg - Cape Town. We leave the scenic Cederberg area and travel to Cape Town. Our first sighting of the Mother’s City Table Mountain across Table Bay means we’ve reached our final destination.
Day 22 - Cape Town Saturday. This morning we exchange addresses and part ways, having just experienced a trip of a lifetime!
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 22 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans