Great Wall & Warriors - 9 Days
From 2022-05-21 to 2022-11-12
8 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 1 Peking Duck dinner.
7 nights 3 - 4 star hotels.
High speed train: Xi'an - Shanghai.
1 overnight train: Beijing - Xi'an (4-berth soft sleeper cabin).
Touring of Beijing, Badaling, Juyongguan, Xi'an, Shanghai and Suzhou.
Chinese acrobatic performance.
Rickshaw ride through Beijings' Hutongs.
Xi’an - bike ride on medieval City Wall.
Shanghai - Huangpu River cruise.
Suzhou - historic Grand Canal Cruise.
Tour Guide escorted for groups of 6 or more.
Beijing Capital Airport arrival transfer on day 1 and departure transfer day 9 from Shanghai Airport.
English speaking specialist guides at local sights.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private A/C vehicles.
Day 1 - Beijing Saturday. You've arrived in Beijing and your adventure has begun! There's an included arrival transfer to your hotel. Once you've checked in, the rest of the day is yours. Why not head out for your first glimpse of China's captivating capital?
- Direct transfer from the airport to the hotel
Day 2 - Beijing We're kicking off our adventure with a day of Beijing sightseeing! We'll visit the iconic Tiananmen Square and the majestic Forbidden City. And we'll take a traditional rickshaw ride through the winding hutongs (backstreets).
This evening, we'll head to an acrobat show in the heart of the city. Expect stunning costumes, captivating colours, and gravity-defying tricks, then tuck into a Welcome Dinner of Peking Duck.
Day 3 - Great Wall Beijing - Great Wall. Today, we're ticking the big one from the bucket list. After a free morning, we'll bid farewell to Beijing and head north to Badaling. And the most preserved stretch of the Great Wall. We'll walk the cobbles, we'll cross the watchtowers, and we'll follow the way of the rugged mountains. We spend the night at our quaint hotel near Juyongguan Pass, which offers views of the Great Wall.
Day 4 - Juyongguan Pass Great Wall - Beijing - Xi'an. We'll be up bright and early for a final view of the Great Wall at Juyongguan Pass - arriving as it opens to beat the crowds. From here, we'll visit a jade carving workshop. And we'll learn about its importance in Chinese culture.
After lunch, we'll head back to Beijing to catch the sleeper train to Xi'an. You'll have a couple of hours to spare before boarding - ideal for a spot of shopping at the Pearl Market!
Day 5 - Xi'an Today we discover the Terracotta Army: 7,000 unique soldiers carved in exquisite detail, with no two faces alike. The warriors have stood strong for over 2,000 years, originally created to protect Emperor Qin Shihuang in the afterlife. The iconic sculptures have inspired the work of clay workshops across China - including the one we'll visit!
Tonight, we welcome you to join the optional Tang Dynasty Show, which includes dinner, a traditional performance and transfers (bookable locally).
Day 6 - Xi'an Xi’an - Shanghai. Xi'an was once the centre of Chinese culture and politics. It was once home to emperors, warriors, merchants, and monks. And relics of the past are hidden at every turn.
Today, we'll explore Xi'an's towering Big Wild Goose Pagoda. We'll cycle along the ancient city walls. And we'll wander through the vibrant Muslim Quarter. After our morning of sightseeing, we board the high-speed train to Shanghai. Arrival Shanghai and check into our hotel.
Day 7 - Shanghai Where centuries of tradition and culture meet the modern age - and get a glimpse of the future. Today, we'll tour Shanghai. From the bustling Bund to the charming Old City. From the striking Plaza Tower to the serene Yu Garden. We'll also cruise the Huangpu River. And you'll get the best view of the famous Pudong skyline.
Day 8 - Suzhou Shanghai - Suzhou - Shanghai. Today we'll swap Shanghai for Suzhou. With serene canals, tranquil waterways, and traditional gardens, Suzhou is the Venice of the Orient. We'll enjoy a cruise along its Grand Canal. And we'll explore its ancient Lingering Garden - a peaceful spot of classic pavilions, hidden pagodas, wooden walkways, and calm ponds.
We'll finish our day with a silk workshop visit, before heading back to Shanghai.
Day 9 - Shanghai Sunday. Wake up in Shanghai for one last time. For now, anyway...
After breakfast, we'll transfer you to the airport in time for your flight. You'll land back home with a lifetime's worth of memories, and a love of adventure.
- Direct transfer to the airport
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 June 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans