Shere Khan - 10 Days
From 2022-10-08 to 2023-12-30
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Oct Sat 08 2022 to Oct Mon 17 2022Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,045*
Nov Sat 05 2022 to Nov Mon 14 2022AvailableFrom$2,045*
Nov Sat 19 2022 to Nov Mon 28 2022AvailableFrom$2,045*
Dec Sat 03 2022 to Dec Mon 12 2022AvailableFrom$2,045*
Dec Sat 17 2022 to Dec Mon 26 2022AvailableFrom$2,045*
Dec Sat 31 2022 to Jan Mon 09 2023AvailableFrom$2,095*
Jan Sat 07 2023 to Jan Mon 16 2023AvailableFrom$2,045*
Jan Sat 21 2023 to Jan Mon 30 2023AvailableFrom$2,045*
Feb Sat 04 2023 to Feb Mon 13 2023AvailableFrom$2,045*
Feb Sat 18 2023 to Feb Mon 27 2023AvailableFrom$2,045*
Mar Sat 18 2023 to Mar Mon 27 2023AvailableFrom$2,045*
Apr Sat 01 2023 to Apr Mon 10 2023AvailableFrom$2,045*
Apr Sat 15 2023 to Apr Mon 24 2023AvailableFrom$2,045*
Apr Sat 29 2023 to May Mon 08 2023AvailableFrom$1,995*
May Sat 13 2023 to May Mon 22 2023AvailableFrom$1,995*
May Sat 27 2023 to Jun Mon 05 2023AvailableFrom$1,995*
Breakfast daily, 2 lunches and 4 dinners.
9 nights 3-4 star and heritage hotels.
Guided sightseeing - Delhi, Agra, Karauli, Jaipur and Ranthambore .
3 game drives in shared canter at Ranthambore National Park.
Travel by jeep to beautiful Amber Fort in Jaipur .
Train journey: Ranthambore to Delhi in A/C reserved seating.
Escorted by an English-speaking Indian tour guide (for groups of 6 or more).
Services of English-speaking Indian specialist guides at some sites.
Airport arrival and departure transfer on days 1 and 10 .
All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles .
Day 1 - Delhi Saturday. Welcome to India! On arrival in Delhi you’ll be transferred to our hotel where the rest of today is free to explore the capital as you please. Perhaps visit the striking Red Fort, which gets its colour from the sandstone used in its construction during the 17th century. This evening we have a welcome meeting at 18:00 at the hotel to meet our guide the rest of the group.
Please note: If arriving the day before the tour commences, you may opt to join our 5am Backstreets of Delhi Morning Cycle add-on. Ride through the streets before the morning traffic and see highlights including Turkman Gate - one of the five remaining gates of Old Delhi.
Day 2 - Old Delhi Today we enjoy a full day of sightseeing in Old and New Delhi. In the old part of the city we visit Humayun’s Tomb and Jama Masjid, which is India’s largest and oldest mosque. We also visit the peaceful memorial of Raj Ghat - the site of Gandhi’s cremation. An eternal flame now burns here in his honour. Enjoy a thrilling rickshaw ride around the Chandni Chowk bazaar before our tour continues as we explore the highlights of New Delhi. Stroll down the ceremonial Rajpath and see the India Gate monument - a memorial to those Indian soldiers who died during the First World War. We enjoy a delicious Namaste dinner this evening.
Day 3 - Agra Delhi - Agra. Say goodbye to Delhi today as we travel to Agra and explore the UNESCO-listed Agra Fort. Our day continues with a guided tour of the legendary Taj Mahal - India’s most famous site and one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. This beautiful white mausoleum was commissioned by Emperor Shah Jahan in 1632 as a tribute to his wife, who died tragically in childbirth. It remains the most extravagant symbol of love ever built and remains a bucket list destination for many travellers.
Day 4 - Karauli Agra - Karauli. Leaving Agra this morning, we travel to the eerie city of Fatehpur Sikri, which has laid abandoned for more than 400 years but is extremely well-preserved. We continue to the Palace Bhanwar Vilas in Karauli, which remains the home of the royal Maharaja. The site is now a heritage hotel and our home for the night. Explore the palace grounds at leisure and if we’re lucky, we may be able to join a tour led by the princess herself. The family are also lovingly restoring the City Palace which we visit this afternoon and you may opt to attend the evening Aarti (prayer).
Day 5 - Jaipur Karauli - Jaipur. Today we travel to the iconic Pink City of Jaipur, stopping at a local school en route to meet the pupils and teachers (if open). We operate our Change for Children programme here and you may wish to bring some educational gifts to donate to the pupils (see trip notes). After our visit, we continue to UNESCO-listed Jaipur where the rest of today is at leisure. Perhaps enjoy a Bollywood movie at the Raj Mandir cinema, where there’s sure to be a lively atmosphere.
Day 6 - Jaipur This morning you may wish to join our exciting Balloon Over Jaipur add-on. Climb into a hot air balloon and fly with the wind over palaces and fortresses, before we return to land and take a jeep ride up to the impressive Amber Fort. This site is laid out over four levels and overlooks the stunning Maota Lake. After our visit, we continue to a local cotton weaving house and tour the famous City Palace. The final stop of the day is to the UNESCO-listed Jantar Mantar space observatory, home to the world’s largest stone sundial.
Day 7-8 - Ranthambore National Park Jaipur - Ranthambore. Today we take a 3-4 hour drive to Ranthambore National Park, one of the Project Tiger reserves since 1973. The park plays an important role in the conservation of the iconic Bengal Tiger. We spend two days in the park and enjoy three included game drives in search of the endangered tigers, which can sometimes be seen pacing along the paths or resting in the sun. With three visits into the reserve, we have a great chance of spotting these incredible animals. Other wildlife in the park includes leopards, sloth bears, sambar, hyenas and crocodiles.
Day 9 - Delhi Ranthambore - Delhi. This morning we return to Delhi by train where the rest of the day is free to explore at leisure. You may wish to visit Akshardham, which stands the world’s largest Hindu temple.
Day 10 - Delhi Monday. Our Indian adventure ends today with an included transfer to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans