Jewels of the Bay
From 17/03/2024 to 19/03/2024
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Mar Sun 17 2024 to Mar Tue 19 2024Sold OutFrom$1,525*
Mar Sun 17 2024 to Mar Tue 19 2024Sold OutFrom$1,550*
Waitangi Treaty grounds, the birthplace of the nation.
Specialist team of two highly experienced Travel Director and DriverCentrally located premium 4 star hotels1 included attractions/experiences.
Day 1 the road in the morning for a scenic sojourn to the Bay of Islands. This pocket of the country deserves its name - there are more than 140 subtropical islets off the coast here, lined with blissful undeveloped and unpeopled beaches. It's undeniably beautiful, but it also holds a special historical secret; this is where the Treaty of Waitangi was signed in 1840, between Captain William Hobson and M?ori chiefs, officially denoting New Zealand as a member of the Commonwealth. Your guide, likely an ancestor of one of the original signatories, will explain the importance of the site, while pointing out the world's largest ceremonial war canoe and a carved meeting house. These are just some of the M?ori artefacts that characterize this part of the north coast. You wanted an introduction to New Zealand heritage on day one - you got it.
Day 2 If there's a travel destination that inspires wanderlust, the Bay of Islands is it. Today, trip the light fantastic and head off in whatever direction you please. Perhaps out onto the water to ride the waves on a Bay of Islands tour aboard a historic tall ship, glass of New Zealand wine in hand. Or maybe on a mini-jaunt around the romantic town of Russell, the country's first permanent European settlement and seaport. Fun fact: the town's streets retain their original names and layout from 1843. Just ask your Travel Director for touring tips - and places to wine and dine in between. Wherever your NZ holiday takes you today, we recommend finding somewhere special to salute the end of the day - this part of the country was made for blazing sunsets.
Day 3 If you've never heard of Whangarei, you're probably not alone. But today, New Zealand's most northerly city is well and truly on your radar. A place where waterfalls meet beaches, galleries meet museums, Whangarei is the country in a tantalizing snapshot - a union of nature and forward-thinking culture. Explore at your leisure - perhaps a NZ tour to Mount Parihaka, which features a war memorial and the remains of M?ori fortified settlements - before sinking back into your seat for the mesmerizing commute back to Auckland.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 05 March 2024 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 29 February 2024 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans