Best of Scotland
From 10/11/2024 to 05/04/2025
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Nov Sun 10 2024 to Nov Sat 16 2024AvailableFrom$2,750*
Nov Sun 24 2024 to Nov Sat 30 2024AvailableFrom$2,750*
Dec Thu 19 2024 to Dec Wed 25 2024AvailableFrom$2,750*
Jan Sun 05 2025 to Jan Sat 11 2025AvailableFrom$2,695*
Jan Sun 19 2025 to Jan Sat 25 2025AvailableFrom$2,695*
Feb Sun 02 2025 to Feb Sat 08 2025AvailableFrom$2,695*
Feb Sun 16 2025 to Feb Sat 22 2025AvailableFrom$2,695*
An expert Travel Director and professional Driver.
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Optional Experiences and free time.
Ferry from the Isle of Skye to Mallaig.
On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilised.
Day 1 Welcome to Edinburgh Get lost in the narrow lanes of Edinburgh - the Scottish capital with a mystical air that combines ancient heritage with the verve of a modern city. Spend your day at leisure delving into its rich history and embracing the warm culture of the Scots, before joining your travel companions and Travel Director for a light meal and drinks.
Day 2 Discover Enchanting Edinburgh Join your Local Specialist this morning for an intriguing sightseeing tour of the city. Ascend Castle Rock and visit Edinburgh Castle, which watches over the surrounding city from its elevated vantage point. Stroll through the Old Town along the Royal Mile and see the stunning Palace of Holyroodhouse before enjoying time at leisure to soak up the city's festive atmosphere.
Day 3 Venture into the Scottish Highlands Tread in the footsteps of the world's golfing greats and head to St. Andrews en route to the glorious Scottish Highlands. A scenic drive takes us north and across the Firth of Tay, past the city of Dundee to Pitlochry. After lunch, enjoy some free time to explore its riverside setting. Our day in beautiful surrounds comes to an end with a cosy dinner at our hotel located within the Cairngorms National Park in the Scottish Highlands.
Day 4 Explore Culloden, Loch Ness and the Isle of Skye Make Travel Matter Follow the Great Glen towards Fort Augustus where we stop to view Loch ness, keeping a keen eye out for the elusive 'Nessie'. Meet your friendly and knowledgeable guide to learn more about the highlands and the iconic hairy coos. The soul-stirring sight of Eilean Donan Castle is our last stop on the mainland before we cross the bridge to the Isle of Skye. The tragic battlefield of Culloden will be our final stop of the day, where we pay tribute to the brave men who lost their lives in the Jacobite Uprising.
Day 5 Journey to Thriving Glasgow Our first stop today sees us commemorate World War II history at the Commando Memorial near Fort William, from which we admire spectacular views of Britain's highest peak - Ben Nevis. We journey through the volcanic ruins and precipitous mountains that lie just beyond Glencoe to see the 'Glen of Weeping'. Here we remember the MacDonald clansmen who were massacred in 1692. Continuing towards the River Clyde, we arrive at our final stop for the day - Glasgow.
Day 6 Walk the Walls of Stirling Castle Connect with Locals Dive Into Culture Journey to Stirling, to see its hilltop fortress, which stands as a symbol of national pride. Stirling Castle was once the seat of Scottish kings and queens, including Mary, Queen of Scots. View the Wallace Monument from the castle walls, paying tribute to the Scottish hero who fought for Scotland's independence. Later, join the Wood family at their 15th-century farm on the shores of Loch Ard to Connect With Locals over a home-cooked Farewell Be My Guest experience, amidst tales of Rob Roy and a few foot-tapping ceilidh tunes during lunch. Next, we head to a whiskey distillery. Here we'll Dive Into Culture and learn how whiskey is made, followed by a chance to sample a wee dram.
Day 7 Farewell Glasgow The rugged beauty and warmth of Scotland's people forever in your memory, we enjoy one last hearty breakfast with our travel companions before wishing them and your Travel Director a fond farewell. Dining Summary
3 - Dinner
6 - Breakfast
1 - Lunch Be My Guest Kinlochard: Join the Wood family at their 15th-century farm on the shores of Loch Ard for a home-cooked Scottish Be My Guest lunch, tales of Rob Roy and a few foot-tapping ceilidh tunes. Dive Into Culture Stirling: Iconic Experience Edinburgh: Explore the city with your Local Specialist as you travel along Princes Street to see the Scott Memorial, the neoclassical Adam facades of New Town and the official Scottish residence of the King, Palace of Holyroodhouse. St. Andrews: Visit the university town where the famous beach scene from 'Chariots of Fire' was filmed and see the golf course where the sport was created. Scottish Highlands: Admire picturesque lochs and glens as you travel through the Scottish Highlands. Fort William: Enjoy an excellent view of Ben Nevis from the World War II Commando Memorial. Glasgow: See the grand public buildings of Glasgow, including George Square. Stirling: Visit Stirling and see its castle, once the seat of Scottish royalty. MAKE TRAVEL MATTER(R) Aviemore: Rothiermurchus Estate is working to promote an appreciation of the special flora and fauna and wildlife of the highlands. Nestled in Cairngorm National Park, this estate encompasses 17,500 acres and has been in the care of the Grant family for over 500 years. On your Make Travel Matter experience, you will learn about the beautiful landscape and even meet some of the most adorable animals, like the hairy coos! Must-see Highlights : Explore Edinburgh with a Local Specialist : Discover Glasgow and Stirling : Visit Edinburgh Castle, Pitlochry, the Isle of Skye, Glasgow Cathedral, Culloden Battlefield, Stirling Castle and a whisky distillery. : View the 18th green at St. Andrews, the Glenfinnan Monument, Eilean Donan Castle, Loch Ness, Glencoe, Necropolis and George Square in Glasgow : Tickets for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo are included on departures that coincide with performance dates Glencoe: See this Highland village on Loch Leven. Whats Included : An expert Travel Director and professional Driver : Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted : All porterage and restaurant gratuities : All hotel tips, charges and local taxes : Breakfast daily and up to half of your evening meals : Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras : Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing : Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys) : Optional Experiences and free time : Ferry from the Isle of Skye to Mallaig : On occasion, hotels of similar standard and location may be utilised.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans