Saigon to Siem Reap - 9 Days
From 2021-09-21 to 2022-12-30
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Tue 21 2021 to Sep Wed 29 2021AvailableFrom$1,475*
Nov Fri 12 2021 to Nov Sat 20 2021AvailableFrom$1,615*
Dec Fri 10 2021 to Dec Sat 18 2021AvailableFrom$1,615*
Dec Fri 24 2021 to Jan Sat 01 2022AvailableFrom$1,735*
Jan Fri 14 2022 to Jan Sat 22 2022AvailableFrom$1,615*
Feb Fri 11 2022 to Feb Sat 19 2022AvailableFrom$1,615*
Feb Fri 25 2022 to Mar Sat 05 2022AvailableFrom$1,615*
Mar Fri 11 2022 to Mar Sat 19 2022AvailableFrom$1,615*
Mar Fri 25 2022 to Apr Sat 02 2022AvailableFrom$1,615*
Apr Fri 08 2022 to Apr Sat 16 2022AvailableFrom$1,615*
Apr Fri 15 2022 to Apr Sat 23 2022AvailableFrom$1,615*
Apr Fri 22 2022 to Apr Sat 30 2022AvailableFrom$1,615*
May Fri 06 2022 to May Sat 14 2022AvailableFrom$1,475*
May Fri 20 2022 to May Sat 28 2022AvailableFrom$1,475*
Jun Fri 03 2022 to Jun Sat 11 2022AvailableFrom$1,475*
Jun Fri 17 2022 to Jun Sat 25 2022AvailableFrom$1,475*
Jul Fri 01 2022 to Jul Sat 09 2022AvailableFrom$1,475*
Jul Fri 15 2022 to Jul Sat 23 2022AvailableFrom$1,475*
Jul Fri 22 2022 to Jul Sat 30 2022AvailableFrom$1,475*
Breakfast daily, 2 lunches and 1 dinner .
8 nights 4 star and special class hotels.
Guided sightseeing - Mekong Delta, Ho Chi Minh City, Cu Chi, Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and the Temples of Angkor.
Sampan boat trips in the Mekong Delta.
Boat trip on Tonle Sap Lake.
Escorted by an English speaking Vietnamese and Cambodian tour guides.
Economy class flight: Phnom Penh to Siem Reap.
Airport arrival transfer day 1 and departure transfer day 9.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles.
Day 1 - Ho Chi Minh City Friday. Hello Ho Chi Minh City (aka Saigon). Upon arrival you'll be met and transferred to our hotel. The rest of the day is free for you to get acquainted with the city. Opt to explore on foot, shop at Ben Thanh Market or visit the grand Independence Palace, with its secret bunker and military command centre beneath!
Day 2 - The Mekong Delta Ho Chi Minh City – Cai Be – Can Tho. This morning we travel to Cai Be and board a sampan for a cruise around the lush waterways of the Mekong Delta. We stop to visit local cottage industries and enjoy lunch at a traditional wooden home on Dong Hoa Hiep Island. After a day exploring the Mekong we spend the night at a hotel in the city Can Tho.
Day 3 - Ho Chi Minh City Can Tho - Ho Chi Minh City. Early this morning we visit the lively Cai Rang floating market to watch the traders selling their wares before driving back to Ho Chi Minh City. On a walking tour of the city we’ll see the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Old Post Office before visiting the sobering War Remnants Museum. Evening at leisure.
Day 4 - Cu Chi Tunnels, Phmon Penh Ho Chi Minh City - Phnom Penh. This morning we visit the famous Cu Chi Tunnels used by the Viet-Cong in their struggle to keep control of the region during the 1960’s. As we walk the bush trails you’ll see trapdoors, booby traps, living areas, weapon factories and kitchens. We can also safely crawl sections of the tunnels, that have been widened for the tourists and fire weapons of the era (including the M16‘s and AK47) on the firing range.
After crossing the Cambodian border we drive to the capital of Phnom Penh. Once deemed the ‘Pearl of Asia’, Phnom Penh offers a bustling mix of Asia’s past and present, a city quickly taking its place amongst the trendy capitals of the region.
Day 5 - Phnom Penh Today we’ll enjoy a full day sightseeing tour of Phnom Penh starting at the National Museum of Fine Arts, a graceful terracotta building of traditional design housing the world’s finest collection of Khmer sculpture. We continue with the Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda, famed for its lavish decorations – the floors are paved with silver tiles and statues of Buddha are encrusted with thousands of diamonds.
We later come face to face with the horrors of the Pol Pot regime as we visit Toul Sleng (Security Prison - S21), a school that was gruesomely transformed into a torture chamber under the Khmer Rouge, and visit the Killing Fields where over 10,000 people were executed.
Day 6 - Siem Reap & Angkor Wat Phnom Penh – Siem Reap. Hotel check out and transfer to the airport for your included flight to Siem Reap. After we've had time to freshen up we visit The Angkor National Museum which has a fascinating collection of Angkorian artefacts with collections from Khmer Empire's Angkor period circa 9th to 14th-century.
This afternoon we see the mother of all temples – Angkor Wat. This breathtaking monument of man’s devotion to his gods is believed to be the largest religious building in the world and contains thousands of wall carvings and extensive bas-reliefs. There are plenty of wonderful photo opportunities at this iconic site. This evening is free for you to wander into town and perhaps sample Siem Reap's lively nightlife. There are plenty of great bars and restaurants in the compact city centre which is easily navigated on foot.
Day 7 - Angkor Thom & NGO circus project Early this morning opt to see Angkor Wat bathed in the spectacular golden light of sunrise. Later we head out to Banteay Srei temple, considered by many to be the art gallery of Angkor with some of the finest stone carvings in the world. Cut from stone of a pinkish hue, the Hindu temple is dedicated to Shiva and contains lavishly decorated libraries and stunning reliefs of divinities. Enroute to Banteay Srei stops will be made at an exotic butterfly sanctuary and the a village of Preak Dak where we support a community tree planting initiative.
Our temple tour continues with a visit to the ancient city of Angkor Thom. This monumental fortified city is encircled by a 100m wide moat and is famed for the huge statue heads that glare down from every angle. In Angkor Thom we will see the fabulous Bayon Temple, Baphuon, the royal enclosure, and the Terraces of the Elephants and the Leper King. Last but not least is atmospheric Tra Prohm Temple where vast muscular tree roots envelop the crumbling towers and walls whilst the trees’ foliage dapples the temple in shade.
This evening we attend the wonderful Phare Cambodian Circus. The Phare NGO circus project trains street kids to become talented circus artists and the popular show blends circus skills with interpretations of modern life and issues in Cambodian society.
Day 8 - Tonle Sap lake This morning we drive to Kampong Phluk, a cluster of three villages of stilt houses built within the floodplain of Tonle Sap Lake. We'll see houses built on soaring stilts which hover over the Tonle Sap Lake whilst nearby, the petrified trees of a flooded forest are revealed whenever the water level drops. After a boat trip on the lake we return to Siem Reap where the afternoon is free for you to spend at leisure. Perhaps pick up some last minute souvenirs at the central market or head down to lively Pub Street.
Day 9 - Siem Reap Saturday. Today marks the end of our memorable journey. Spend the morning at leisure before hotel check out and included departure transfer to the airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans