Shanghai to Beijing - 8 Days
From 2020-05-30 to 2021-11-27
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Sat 30 2020 to Jun Sat 06 2020Sold OutFrom$2,095*
Jun Sat 13 2020 to Jun Sat 20 2020Sold OutFrom$1,995*
Jul Sat 04 2020 to Jul Sat 11 2020Sold OutFrom$1,995*
Jul Sat 11 2020 to Jul Sat 18 2020Sold OutFrom$1,995*
Jul Sat 25 2020 to Aug Sat 01 2020Sold OutFrom$1,995*
Aug Sat 08 2020 to Aug Sat 15 2020Sold OutFrom$1,995*
Aug Sat 22 2020 to Aug Sat 29 2020Sold OutFrom$1,995*
Sep Sat 05 2020 to Sep Sat 12 2020Sold OutFrom$2,095*
Sep Sat 19 2020 to Sep Sat 26 2020AvailableFrom$2,095*
Oct Sat 03 2020 to Oct Sat 10 2020AvailableFrom$2,095*
Oct Sat 24 2020 to Oct Sat 31 2020AvailableFrom$2,095*
Nov Sat 07 2020 to Nov Sat 14 2020AvailableFrom$1,995*
Nov Sat 14 2020 to Nov Sat 21 2020AvailableFrom$1,995*
Nov Sat 28 2020 to Dec Sat 05 2020AvailableFrom$1,995*
Mar Sat 13 2021 to Mar Sat 20 2021AvailableFrom$1,995*
Mar Sat 20 2021 to Mar Sat 27 2021AvailableFrom$1,995*
Apr Sat 03 2021 to Apr Sat 10 2021AvailableFrom$2,095*
Apr Sat 10 2021 to Apr Sat 17 2021AvailableFrom$2,095*
Apr Sat 24 2021 to May Sat 01 2021AvailableFrom$2,095*
May Sat 15 2021 to May Sat 22 2021AvailableFrom$2,095*
7 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 1 dinner.
5 nights in 3-4* hotels, 2 overnight sleeper trains.
Airport arrival transfer in Shanghai and departure transfer from Beijing Capital Airport.
Private transfers and transportation in modern, air-conditioned vehicles.
Touring of Shanghai, Suzhou, Xi'an, Beijing and Badaling.
English-speaking specialist guides at local sights.
A bike ride on the medieval city wall in Xi'an.
A rickshaw ride through Beijing's hutongs.
Ticket to an amazing Chinese acrobatic performance.
A historic Grand canal cruise in Suzhou.
Escorted by an English-speaking tour guide for traveller groups of six or more.
Day 1 - Shanghai Saturday. You've arrived in China, and your adventure has begun! You'll be transferred directly from the airport in Shanghai to your hotel. And then the rest of your day is free to explore!
- Direct transfer from the airport to the hotel
Day 2 - Shanghai From the ultra-modern Plaza Tower to the centuries-old Yu Garden. From the bustling Bund to the charming Old City. Today, we'll see the best of Shanghai. And we'll see just how seamlessly the past meets the future.
Tonight, we'll cruise the Huangpu River and enjoy a traditional dinner in the city.
Day 3 - Suzhou Shanghai - Suzhou - Xi'an. Today we'll escape the bustle of the city and head to Suzhou: the Venice of the Orient. A town of the past, woven with serene canals, pretty waterways, and classically-styled gardens. Here we'll embark on a cruise of Suzhou's Grand Canal. And we'll explore the centuries-old Lingering Garden - an idyllic park of traditional pavilions, wooden walkways, and calm waters.
We'll finish our day with a silk workshop visit, before catching the overnight train to Xi'an.
Day 4 - Xi'an Xi'an: where reminders of China's dynastic past stand strong. We'll explore the towering Big Wild Goose Pagoda. We'll cycle along the ancient city walls. And we'll wander around the vibrant Muslim Quarter. In Xi'an, we'll get a taste of China's illustrious history and culture.
Tonight there's an optional Tang Dynasty Show, which includes dinner and a captivating performance.
Day 5 - Xi'an Xi'an - Beijing. Today we'll stand before the mighty army of Terracotta Warriors. 7,000 life-sized soldiers and horses - all carved in exquisite detail, with no two faces alike. The warriors were constructed over 2,000 years ago to protect Emperor Qin in the afterlife. And their designs have inspired the work of clay workshops all across China - including the one we'll visit!
After dinner, we'll board the overnight train to Beijing.
Day 6 - Beijing A bright and early start in Beijing - we're in for a full day of sightseeing! We'll visit the iconic Tiananmen Square and the colossal Forbidden City. We'll take a rickshaw ride through the narrow, winding hutongs. And we'll enjoy lunch in the home of a local family - it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience of true Chinese culture and cuisine. This evening, we'll head to a traditional acrobat show in the heart of the city.
Day 7 - Great Wall Today, we're striking the big one from the bucket list. We'll head north to Badaling - home to one of the most well-preserved portions of the Great Wall. We'll wander the cobbles, we'll cross the watchtowers, and we'll marvel at the rolling mountain views.
After lunch, we'll tour expert jade carving workshops and the bustling Pearl Market.
Day 8 - Beijing Saturday. Our final morning in Beijing, and the end of our Chinese adventure. We'll sort out your transfer to the airport. And you'll return home with a lifetime's worth of memories.
- Direct transfer from the hotel to the airport
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 June 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..