Vietnam's Essential Sapa
From 20/09/2020 to 10/12/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Sun 20 2020 to Sep Fri 25 2020AvailableFrom$1,310*
Nov Sun 15 2020 to Nov Fri 20 2020AvailableFrom$1,560*
Dec Sun 13 2020 to Dec Fri 18 2020AvailableFrom$1,560*
Mar Sun 21 2021 to Mar Fri 26 2021AvailableFrom$1,375*
Mar Sun 28 2021 to Apr Fri 02 2021AvailableFrom$1,375*
Embark on several of Sapa's scenic day treks.
With idyllic green landscapes, ethnic hill-tribe villages and hidden waterfalls, this is a slice of Vietnam that will linger long in the memory.
Your three night feature stay on the hilltops surrounding Sapa will give you a stunning perspective of this beautiful country.
Pick a path through the terraced rice fields of Sapa, which shimmer like mirrors after being watered by local farmers.
Finish with a superb dining experience at KOTO, a Hanoi institution sponsored by The Intrepid Foundation dedicated to training disadvantaged youth in hospitality.
Breakfasts Included: 5.
Lunches Included: 1.
Dinners Included: 2.
Comfortable hotel (5 nights).
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Hanoi - KOTO dinner.
Sapa - Cat Cat Village trek.
Sapa - Guided trek with local lunch.
Sapa - Sample 3 colours sticky rice.
Sapa - Tea with local family.
Day 1 - Hanoi Welcome to Hanoi. You will be met on arrival and transferred to your hotel. There will be a welcome meeting at 6 pm where insurance details and next of kin information will be collected. Please look for a note in the hotel lobby or ask the hotel reception where it will take place. If you can't arrange a flight that will arrive in time, you may wish to arrive a day early so you're able to attend the meeting. Subject to availability, additional accommodation may be arranged. If you find yourself with free time before the meeting, why not visit the Temple of Literature or Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum.
Day 2 - Sapa Your journey to the verdant mountains of northwest Vietnam begins with a private vehicle ride to Sapa (approximately 5 hours). Considered a summer capital by the French in the early 20th century, Sapa’s grown into the crown jewel of Vietnamese tourism since being opened to international visitors in 1993. The mix of ethnic cultures, eye-popping scenery and hill-tribe villages make it an ideal place to see on foot. Trek about 5 kilometres / 3.1 miles from the center of Sapa town to Cat Cat and return, one of the oldest Hmong ethnic minority villages in the region. Here you’ll see rice growing on terraced fields using traditional methods of cultivation, plus the Hmong people’s famed method of making cloth from hemp and dying it deep indigo. You will have an evening to relax and enjoy crisp mountain air and vistas. Notes: Total trekking time today is 2.5 - 3 hours.
Day 3 - Sapa After breakfast meet your local guide and drive to Lao Chai. From here you delve deeper into serene Vietnam with a trek past isolated mountain hamlets to Ta Van (approximately 7km / 4.4mi). Passing rice terraces and farm animals you’ll have opportunities to learn about the daily life and traditional culture of the Hmong people. The trek may vary depending on local conditions. Afterwards you’ll need a well-earned rest so perhaps take advantage of the hotel spa and pool facilities. A signature treatment of the area is the Red Dao herbal bath. Notes: Total trekking time today is 1.5 - 2 hours.
Day 4 - Sapa Make the short trek to Lech Village and back this morning. About 5km / 3.1mi from Sapa, the village is home to the Red Dao ethnic minority, a remarkable people whose culture has remained relatively unaffected by outside visitors. Your camera will get a workout as you encounter the stunning vistas and rice paddies of the Thanh Kim valley. Stop to try the regional speciality of 3 colours sticky rice. This dish is so named as the rice is coloured with locally sourced natural ingredients such as leaves and flowers. Afterwards, the day is yours to spend as you please. Those with the energy can venture down further scenic trails (ask your leader for a recommendation). There are many more hill-tribe cultures and photographic opportunities to be found in the surrounding hills. Alternatively, simply sit back and soak it all up from your perfectly appointed lodgings. Notes: Total trekking time today is 2.5 - 3 hours.
Day 5 - Hanoi Return to Hanoi (approximately 5 hours) and use free time to discover its many treasures. Perhaps visit Hoan Kiem Lake, the excellent Ethnology Museum or the Hanoi Social Club. In the evening, sit down to a farewell dinner with your fellow travellers at KOTO restaurant. This philanthropic Hanoi institution is a long-time friend of Peregrine and is supported by our sibling charity, The Intrepid Foundation. Not only is it a lovely place to dine, it's also a great cause, doubling as a hospitality training program for disadvantaged local youth.
Day 6 - Hanoi Your trip comes to an end after breakfast this morning. If you’d like to stay on in Hanoi, we can help arrange additional accommodation for you on request. Why not soak up all that Hanoi has to offer on an immersive one-day Urban Adventure tour? Visit www.urbanadventues.com for more details.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 April 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..