Beautiful Cuba - For Solo Travellers
From 10/02/2020 to 27/12/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Feb Mon 10 2020 to Feb Mon 17 2020Limited AvailabilityFrom$2,465*
Apr Mon 13 2020 to Apr Mon 20 2020AvailableFrom$2,135*
Jul Mon 13 2020 to Jul Mon 20 2020AvailableFrom$2,095*
Nov Mon 23 2020 to Nov Mon 30 2020AvailableFrom$2,260*
Dec Mon 14 2020 to Dec Mon 21 2020AvailableFrom$2,260*
Jan Mon 04 2021 to Jan Mon 11 2021AvailableFrom$2,260*
A guided walking tour of Old Havana sheds lights on the difference between the lives of city and rural life in Cuba.
Take in all the colours and aromas of Soroa, the stunning valley area known as the 'rainbow of Cuba'.
Stroll along the rural dirt roads of Vinales as tractors, vintage cars and horse-drawn carriages pass you by.
A visit to the Che Guevara mausoleum and museum allows you to learn about the iconic Cuban revolutionary in the right context.
Trinidad is a real Cuban treat – step back in time on its old-world streets, then hit some fine palm-flanked beaches.
Marvel at the unique architecture of Palacio del Valle in Cienfuegos .
Try your hand at traditional dance moves with an informal salsa lesson.
Breakfasts Included: 7.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 2.
Premium Guesthouse (7 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Havana - Leader-led Walking Tour of Old Havana.
Soroa - Orchid Garden (Entrance fee and Guide included).
Leader-led Informal Spanish Lesson.
Vinales - Leader-led Orientation Walk.
Vinales - Half-day Valley Walking Tour including Tobacco Farmhouse (Guide included).
Vinales - Salsa Dance Lesson (1 hour).
Vinales - Farm to Table Dinner at an Eco-friendly Ranch.
Bay of Pigs - Visit & swim.
Cienfuegos - Leader-led Orientation Walk.
Cienfuegos - Palacio de Valle (Entrance fee).
Trinidad - Leader-led Orientation Walk.
Santa Clara - Che Guevara Mausoleum and Museum.
Havana - Revolution Square.
Day 1 - Havana Bienvenido a Cuba! Welcome to Cuba! A complimentary arrival transfer is included with your trip. Please ensure you provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel so the transfer can be organised. There will be a welcome meeting at approximately 6pm this evening. Please expect a letter from your leader in the afternoon of Day 1 to confirm the place of your meeting (if by 5pm you cannot locate this letter then please ask your guesthouse owner if one has been delivered, or ask to call our assistance line listed in the "Problems and emergency contact information" section of this document). We'll be collecting your insurance details and next of kin information at this meeting, so ensure you have all these details to provide to your leader. The tour briefing is generally followed by an optional group dinner. As there's a great deal to do in Havana, we recommend staying a few extra days to make the most of this exciting city. If you need help booking extra accommodation, our reservations team will be happy to assist. If you arrive early, please note most activities in Cuba can only be booked through the tourist desk in the lobbies of the larger hotels or direct with the venue. If you don't have the luxury of extending your time in Havana and taking up some of the suggested optional activties listed below, there are plenty of good museums to check out before your welcome meeting, including the Museo de la Revolucion and the Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes.
Day 2 - Soroa / Vinales Enjoy a walking tour of Old Havana, a perfect first taste of the city. Your local guide will show you the cathedral, Plaza de Armas, San Francisco de Asis, Plaza Vieja and Central Park. Later you'll make the drive to Soroa, a lush enclave nestled in a beautiful valley. You'll stop in for lunch and tour the orchid garden there. Continue to lovely Vinales, where tobacco and agricultural fields lie side by side and limestone outcrops dot the landscape. The scenery here is some of the most picturesque in Cuba. There are many ways to take it all in, including cycling, walking through tobacco fields and hiking to mountain caves (all optional activities).
Day 3 - Vinales A walking tour of the farmlands and crops is included today. Learn more about the simple lifestyle here and see first hand the farmers who grow tabacco for some of the most expensive cigars. Vinales is a small and charming rural village. It's probably the easiest place to mingle with locals in Cuba, who are very sociable. Many of them love nothing better than to drink rum and dance the night away. Later head to an ecological farm for an included dinner.
Day 4 - Bay of Pigs / Cienfuegos Head towards Cienfuegos today, it is a long travel day. You will be stopping via the Bay of Pigs not only to enjoy the stunning surrounding but to learn more about the botched US Military counter-revolutionary invasion, and you could even opt for a swim in the crystal clear water. Then the short drive to your destination for the night, Cienfuegos. This is the gem of the south, a seaside town of relaxing streets and dazzling buildings that strike a beautiful pose by the water. You will enjoy a photo stop at Palacio del Valle, which is Cienfuegos' architectural pride and joy. Learn more about its history as you take in the beauty of its intricate carvings of Venetian alabaster. If you haven't done so already, perhaps try some Cuban coffee while you're here – it's served black, strong and super sweet.
Day 5 - Trinidad Today you will board the bus for a short drive to Trinidad. There's no doubt it's one of Cuba's alluring destinations, a great place to wander around, with almost every scene offering a photo opportunity. Watch as locals casually smoke their huge cigars on the doorsteps of their homes, and hear the old Chevrolets rumbling by. Kick things off by strolling along the cobbled streets and marvelling at some of the colourful colonial architecture on display (this town was put on the UNESCO World Heritage list in 1988 for good reason). An informal salsa lesson is included so you are confident to be involved in the nightlife scene.
Day 6 - Trinidad Enjoy a day of free time. There are some great Spanish-style churches to see, and nearby is the Valle de los Ingenios, where sugar plantations stretch out as far as the eye can see. For some seaside fun, head down to Playa Ancon and stroll its long stretches of white sand. You can go for a snorkel too. Just be careful when you're in the water, as sea urchins can be a problem here. Back on the land, you can go cycling or hiking. If you rent a bicycle, be careful on the cobblestones, and remember your bike will be of the vintage variety. The trekking is great in the Sierra del Escambray, the local mountains. A folklore dance and music show in one of the open-air venues is highly recommended – a great chance to immerse yourself in Cuba's African, French and Spanish-influenced music and dance culture.
Day 7 - Santa Clara / Havana On your way back to Havana, you'll stop in at Santa Clara to visit the Che Guevara mausoleum and memorial. In the museum you can get a rare insight into the legacy of the revolutionary leader, with some interesting ephemera and artefacts on display – letters, firearms, even medical devices. Upon arrival in Havana, stop by Revolution square then prepare for a final night of celebrations.
Day 8 - Havana Your trip comes to an end this morning after breakfast. Check-out time is 10 am.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..