Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef
From 05/03/2020 to 03/04/2020
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
3 hot buffet breakfasts1 lunchLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most regions or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedHand-picked Insider ExperiencesOptional Experiences and free timePorterage is not provided at airports in Australia and New ZealandMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-StaysAll hotel charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights.
1 - Ease into the laidback vibe of Cairns as you transfer to your hotel (flights anytime) and spend the rest of the day soaking up your coastal surrounds.
2 - Journey to the Great Barrier Reef and discover its underwater kaleidoscope of vivid colours. A high-speed catamaran takes you to the outer edge of this natural wonder which spans some 35 million hectares, making it the largest reef structure and marine park in the world. View the spectacular coral display and tropical fish that find sanctuary in its midst, from the comfort of an underwater observatory and semi-submersible craft. Or take to the water, donning your mask and flippers for a snorkel to see these marine creatures up close (equipment provided). Enjoy a tropical buffet lunch on the water before returning to Cairns early evening.
3 - Discover the secrets of the world's oldest living culture during a visit to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park set amidst the rainforest. Gain a deeper understanding of the traditions and heritage that are revealed through bush food lessons, didgeridoo demonstrations, movie theatres, fire-making demonstrations and the famous Tjapukai Dance. Then, it's a short distance to the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, which will take you through the World Heritage rainforest of the Barron Gorge National Park. There are two rainforest stations where you can enjoy a ranger-guided boardwalk and observe this ancient rainforest from spectacular lookouts. On arrival in Kuranda, there is free time to explore the 'village in the rainforest' and its many attractions, including the Heritage Markets. Afterwards, board the Kuranda Scenic Rail for a historic journey through some of the world's oldest rainforest. Passing the spectacular Stoney Creek Falls your journey winds through man-made tunnels and across bridges to arrive at its destination of Freshwater Station.
4 - Your rainforest and reef encounter at its end, you'll transfer to Cairns Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime).
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 March 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 27 February 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.