St Paul's Cathedral
To Londoners, St Paul's Cathedral is more than a beautiful church it is a symbol of their defiance and resilience. Rising above the concrete and glass of the modern city, this majestic masterpiece of the rare and short-lived English baroque style remains one of the most emblematic elements in a city packed with attractions.
The current cathedral is the fourth to have been built on this site at the top of Ludgate Hill, the highest point in the City of London. It was constructed after the great fire of 1666 gutted the city and the most prestigious architect of the era was chosen. Christopher Wren's design was so outstanding that its 111 metre-high dome remained the tallest building in London until 1962. But the greatest feat of all was how it survived the brutal Blitz bombing campaign of World War II, earning it a mythical status among the citizens, regardless of faith.
As soon as you cross the gates of this awe-inspiring cathedral, your eyes will be drawn to the impressive interior. Learn all about its fascinating past and test the acoustic peculiarities of the Whispering Gallery. Marvel at the meticulous mosaics that decorate the choir or the extravagantly gilded high altar. Perhaps you can pause for a moment to reflection and contemplation, maybe even light a candle and say a little prayer. Visit the Golden Gallery and enjoy the stunning heavenly views of London.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details.
- SAVE amount is calculated based on the exchange rate available on the product sourced date and is subject to currency fluctuation.
- Mandatory City Tax per person, per night may be payable direct. This tax has not been specified by the Supplier and therefore has not been added to the gross and advertised prices..