Northern Morocco Explorer - 7 Days
From 2021-04-03 to 2022-12-21
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jun Sat 12 2021 to Jun Fri 18 2021AvailableFrom$1,295*
Jun Sat 26 2021 to Jul Fri 02 2021AvailableFrom$1,295*
Jul Sat 10 2021 to Jul Fri 16 2021AvailableFrom$1,395*
Jul Sat 24 2021 to Jul Fri 30 2021AvailableFrom$1,395*
Aug Sat 07 2021 to Aug Fri 13 2021AvailableFrom$1,395*
Aug Sat 21 2021 to Aug Fri 27 2021AvailableFrom$1,395*
Sep Sat 04 2021 to Sep Fri 10 2021AvailableFrom$1,395*
Sep Sat 18 2021 to Sep Fri 24 2021AvailableFrom$1,395*
Oct Sat 02 2021 to Oct Fri 08 2021AvailableFrom$1,395*
Oct Sat 16 2021 to Oct Fri 22 2021AvailableFrom$1,395*
Oct Sat 30 2021 to Nov Fri 05 2021AvailableFrom$1,395*
Nov Sat 13 2021 to Nov Fri 19 2021AvailableFrom$1,295*
Nov Sat 27 2021 to Dec Fri 03 2021AvailableFrom$1,295*
Dec Sat 11 2021 to Dec Fri 17 2021AvailableFrom$1,395*
Dec Tue 21 2021 to Dec Mon 27 2021AvailableFrom$1,395*
Jan Sat 22 2022 to Jan Fri 28 2022AvailableFrom$1,295*
Feb Sat 19 2022 to Feb Fri 25 2022AvailableFrom$1,295*
Breakfast daily, and 2 dinners.
6 nights 2-4 star hotels.
Guided sightseeing - Meknes, Volubilis and Fes.
Entrance fees for all included sites (excl Hassan II Mosque - budget 120DH).
Escorted by an English speaking tour leader.
Arrival transfer from Marrakech Airport on day 1.
Transportation and transfers in private 4x4 or mini van/touring vehicle.
All road taxes and tolls.
Day 1 - Marrakech Saturday. Welcome to Morocco! On arrival to Marrakech airport you'll be met and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is at leisure to relax at the hotel pool or explore the city. This evening, meet your guide and fellow travellers for a welcome meeting and dinner at 18:00.
Day 2 - Casablanca Marrakech - Casablanca. This morning we journey to Casablanca, famous for the Humphrey Bogart film of the same name. On arrival we have some free time to wander through the old Medina, or perhaps travel beyond the Medina to the quaint new town and stroll down the palm-lined boulevards witnessing the small markets selling food and handicrafts. For those looking to delve into the city's culture, there is the option of visiting the world-renowned Hassan ll mosque, the third largest mosque in the world.
Day 3 - Fes Casablanca - Fes. Departing early, we continue our journey to Fes, the largest and oldest medieval city in the world. En route, we stop at the imperial city of Meknes where stop for a visit to the 12th Century Grande Mosque and Mausoleum of Moulay Ismail, the final resting place of sultan Moulay Ismail.
This afternoon, we move on to the Roman settlement of Volubilis, the largest ancient site of Morocco, for a guided tour. This well preserved UNESCO-listed site dates back to AD40 and once ruled the entire Roman province of Mauritania. Onwards to picturesque Moulay Idriss - Morocco's holiest city. This white washed town was opened to non-muslims in 2005, and we have some time to wander around before continuing to Fes, our home for the next two nights.
Day 4 - Fes Fes, the oldest and largest of Morocco's imperial cities, is ours to explore today. Home to 400,000 inhabitants, with only bikes and donkeys as a means of transportation, the city is an intoxicating mix of aromas, sights and sounds. We'll learn the fascinating history as we explore the tanneries, dye-pits, souks, potteries and famous Medina - said to be the best preserved Medina in the Arab world. We’ll later return to the hotel to get ready for an optional night of Moroccan entertainment and food at a restaurant in town.
Day 5 - Chefchaouen Fes - Ouazzane - Chefchaouen. After breakfast we depart Fes and continue our journey off-the-beaten track to the small town of Ouazzane, situated on the edge of the Rif mountains. This spiritual capital and famous pilgrimage site attracts Moroccan Jews who come to pay respects to the tombs of several Moroccan saints.
We'll then head high up in the Rif Mountains to Chefchaouen, a former berber post which boasts a beautiful blue door and white-walled medina. The main square is the heart of Chefchaouen, with the Kasbah (built back in the 18th century), central mosque and cafes with authentic menus. Enjoy some free time to explore busy market which is a mix of traditional Moroccan and tourist fare.
Day 6 - Chefchaouen Today is ours to explore Chefchaouen at leisure. Spend your time uncovering the city's delights - The Plaza Ura el-Hammam is the perfect spot to sip on mint tea and watch the world go by, or perhaps enjoy a spot of lunch in one of the restaurants of cafes scattered in the Medina. For the more adventurous, leave the city and discover the incredible landscapes of the Rif Mountains on one of the wonderful day hikes.
Day 7 - Tangier We enjoy one final breakfast together before leaving the 'Blue City' behind and making our way to our final port of call - Tangier. Located on the Maghred Coast, where the Mediterranean Sea meets the Atlantic Ocean, is the gateway between Africa and Europe. We have time to explore the beautiful port, where we have the opportunity to visit the Dar el Makhzen, a former sultans palace that is now a museum of Moroccan artefacts, the old and new Medina's or just relax and enjoy some people watching. Our tour concludes after lunch at approximately 1pm.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 09 March 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans